Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dumbell, Hoops, and Quarterback

Plonkett

Is it just me, or do I think RD's old rivals should've had more development? They appeared in pretty much only one episode (with the exception of a flashback) and were never seen again. I really wish we learned more about the feud between them and how it could've been resolved.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, ExplosionMare said:

Nah, they were just meant to be the “bully characters”. It was interesting to see them come together in “The Cutie Remark”, though, when Twilight and Starlight were fighting and they all wanted to watch.

This is why I have such a beef with bully characters. They're not even real characters unless they have some sort of development. Otherwise, they add nothing to the story whatsoever.

• Brohoof 1

No, they shouldn’t have experienced more development because they were meant to be one-off characters and that’s it. Not every character who is introduced once needs to return.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more partial to the names, Billy, Hoops, and Score. :fluttershy:

Never thought I'd see the day where people would be actually discussing these guys in a positive light, wishing they had more development. After nine years, I was starting to believe I was the only one who wished they had done more with these three. But alas, it's the way of the show. Lightning Dust was treated similarly, where she could've become a rival to RD, but instead, she was a one-off character who only reappeared in one more episode. 

1 hour ago, Flying Pencil said:

It would've been nice to see them again but unfortunately not. I wondered if they can be redeemed?

They were redeemed at the end of Sonic Rainboom.

• Brohoof 1

No, they were unpleasant in their first appearance, and unlike certain other characters 

Spoiler

Flim and Flam, Garble, Snips and Snails 

The writers were smart enough to not bring them back apart from Flashbacks 

8 hours ago, Megas said:

No, they were unpleasant in their first appearance, and unlike certain other characters 

Reveal hidden contents

Flim and Flam, Garble, Snips and Snails 

The writers were smart enough to not bring them back apart from Flashbacks 

The webcomic Dash Academy pretty much nailed it in their portrayal.

• 2 weeks later...

I could see these characters having some interesting personalities if the show flushed them out, but I just think they didn't really care. These characters were pretty much just meant to be your classic childhood bullies, and that's pretty much that. However, I would've loved to have a whole episode all about Fluttershy and Rainbow's past in Cloudsdale. We could learn more about life in Cloudsdale, learn more about the pegasi, learn more about their past friendships, and even find out why the two both moved to Ponyville. It could be interesting.

@Califorumis right as usual :P 

If chars can be developed they should, and the rando bully ponies at Dash's cutie-ception are no exception! That isn't the only issue I have with these chars though. In s1 there was a strong vide of masculine = bad which... is understandable, but as a brother to an older sis who had ponies is kinda infuriating - girls/boys at that age need no encouragement to be gender bullies. 

Anyway back to chars - Babs is the best development of a bully char. Taking these silly pegasi as bullies, there is no reason why the same reason couldn't be applied to these colts. Fanponies! Fly and transform these bad boys into sweet lil misunderstood pegasi pls.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...