Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Looking How To Get A “Beat Line”?

Venomous

I am not certain what this is called but I am looking how I can get my hands on one of these lines that moves in coordination with a song as it plays.

Here is what I mean (note the white line):

I want one of these and have it go along with a song of my choosing then upload it to a video. Does anyone know how I can do this?

That is created with Adobe after effects if you look up a tutorial on adobe you’ll surely find what you are looking for I’ve tried this myself on there

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Pandora 🐼 said:

That is created with Adobe after effects if you look up a tutorial on adobe you’ll surely find what you are looking for I’ve tried this myself on there

Ah, that would mean I’d have to get my hands on that program. Damn.

Would it be possible for anyone to make one, save it, and send it to me so I can use it on Sony Vegas?

11 minutes ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Ah, that would mean I’d have to get my hands on that program. Damn.

Yeah I’m not sure if other programs can do it too but it’s usually done in Adobe AE, you can even make it rainbow colored :P 

• Brohoof 1

For the example beat line, what determines how it moves? Is it a combination of the actual piano keys and the frequency/intensity of the bass and/or other sounds? How does that work for a multitude of instruments?

Ah, I see what you meant. Hrm, technically it works merely like a band monitor of sorts. You know, like on the display of stereos and stuff like that.

In now-dead adobe flash it was easy to make one of those through action script (programming). Just making an object and manipulating its behaviour in function of a given waveband.

It most likely is possible to do on Unity3D through some coding too. But I doubt you're looking for a programmation viewpoint.

Dunno if you got sony vegas. If you do, here's a tutorial that could help you for a bunch of effects and that can put you in the right direction.

If you have after effects (which seems to be rather common and I really dunno why, lol), you could try this other tutorial.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Ah, I see what you meant. Hrm, technically it works merely like a band monitor of sorts. You know, like on the display of stereos and stuff like that.

In now-dead adobe flash it was easy to make one of those through action script (programming). Just making an object and manipulating its behaviour in function of a given waveband.

It most likely is possible to do on Unity3D through some coding too. But I doubt you're looking for a programmation viewpoint.

Dunno if you got sony vegas. If you do, here's a tutorial that could help you for a bunch of effects and that can put you in the right direction.

If you have after effects (which seems to be rather common and I really dunno why, lol), you could try this other tutorial.

I do have Sony Vegas! Thank you! I’ll see if this will help :grin:

• Brohoof 1