Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight vs Trixie: Who is more feminine?

manoffewwords

What an odd question. I don't think either fit the stereotypical female archetype very well, as they're both social outcasts (at least initially). Trixie, at least at the beginning, was quite vain, which is often displayed as a female characteristic in media.

So I'm going to have go with Trixie.

• Brohoof 1

Overall, Trix. I see show performance as more feminine. At least comparing to being a nerd. Not to mention the former involves an image, which Trix’s case is flashy and still feminine, and Twi isn’t afraid to fight when necessary 

Twi all the way.  Trixie always seemed a little tomboyish to me.  And plus, Twilight has two specular highlights in her eyes.  Trixie only as one.  Uh, I, uh, don't know what that has to do with femininity... just thought I'd point it out.  :ButtercupLaugh:

On 1/6/2021 at 7:41 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

There isn't just one type of femininity.

Yeah, without getting into some truly awkward female identity stuff, femininity is a tricky way to put this. Answering this as "which horsey do you like for adhering to my idea of a feminine nature" is gonna open up a whole can of parasprites. 

If we're talking, which one am I more attracted to as a female then I'd say Trix. She's so cute with her lil pouting silliness. Her dynamic with Starlight in the later seasons is friggin adorable. And cute adorableness lends itself to sauce.

What I like about Twi has less to do with sauce I guess. I like the Twi of Winter Wrap Up: enthusiastic, intelligent, determined and sometimes, yes, a Winter Mess Up :D  Are all these things feminine? Hell yeah!

21 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

Yeah, without getting into some truly awkward female identity stuff, femininity is a tricky way to put this. Answering this as "which horsey do you like for adhering to my idea of a feminine nature" is gonna open up a whole can of parasprites. 

If we're talking, which one am I more attracted to as a female then I'd say Trix. She's so cute with her lil pouting silliness. Her dynamic with Starlight in the later seasons is friggin adorable. And cute adorableness lends itself to sauce.

What I like about Twi has less to do with sauce I guess. I like the Twi of Winter Wrap Up: enthusiastic, intelligent, determined and sometimes, yes, a Winter Mess Up :D  Are all these things feminine? Hell yeah!

Twilight's song in Winter Wrap up really summed her up nicely. She so dearly wants to be helpful. It just tugs at my heart. As for Trixie and Starlight? I think this picture illustrates their wonderful and weird chemistry.

(I ship them a tiny bit)

Desktop01.jpg.ec3bea70088dbcede0db6f93bf2dcf58.jpg

That was my desktop image for nearly a year. I removed all of the background myself. I may put it back. I'm getting tired of Rick and Morty!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

I'd say Twilight. Honestly, Twilight. Even though she's a nerd and is ready to put up a fight, she does have the characteristics of Celestia, learning from her, and applying the lessons at work throughout the show. Leadership's a big trait of Twilight too. 

• 1 year later...

Twilight Sparkle doesn't seem like the type of pony who would pay attention to how feminine she is seen by the ponies around her.

The "Great and Powerful" Trixie on the other hoof cares a lot about how she and by extension her persona is seen by her adoring audience.