Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general You meet a genie

Mach33

Just so long as there's no repercussions. :blush:

1. I want Equestria to be real, exactly the way I know it to be. :rarity: I want the Mane Six to know I'm coming and be waiting for me. :adorkable: The castle would be nice, or maybe Sugarcube Corner. :ooh:
  2. Can you give me Freddie Mercury's singing voice? :mustache:
  3. I want the world to be happy and for Covid to end forever. :eager:
  • Brohoof 2

I would probably wish for money. Not to be the richest in the world, but a nice chunk of spending money would be nice.

Another thing I would wish for would to be able to control aspects of my body. For example, keep my hair at the same length, so I never have to get it cut/shave again. Or remove acne/excess body fat.

As for my final wish on this list, it would actually be the first wish I make. I'd do a throwaway wish for something small and insignificant, just to see if I could trust the Genie.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Just so long as there's no repercussions. :blush:

1. I want Equestria to be real, exactly the way I know it to be. :rarity: I want the Mane Six to know I'm coming and be waiting for me. :adorkable: The castle would be nice, or maybe Sugarcube Corner. :ooh:
  2. Can you give me Freddie Mercury's singing voice? :mustache:
  3. I want the world to be happy and for Covid to end forever. :eager:

First thought = I am now in Equestria.

Second thought = world peace and no Covid and things. Hm I think I would ask to merge this world with Equestria! No plague or war in Equestria other than the odd cutie pox outbreak and villain storylines.

Final thought = Aladdin! I mean, I would wish that the genie is free to enjoy the awesome world it just made real. I hope it likes ponies? 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I would wish for the following three things.

• Omniscience
  • Omnipotence
  • Omnipresence

Anything else I want I can just go from there with my own power. :P

Quite clever. :LunaMCM:

I just hope you'd have the psychological fortitude to not break when you bear witness to all the horrors of humanity -- both past and present. You would indeed witness things that would make it quite undeniably clear that there are fates much worse than death. Even if your sanity were to remain intact, I very much doubt you'd be the same person. Ignorance is bliss until you know better.

---

As for what I'd wish for, I haven't really thought this through but hear goes:

1. Get rich enough for me to retire right now. That could make me a stay-at-home dad (to be clear: I'm not a father right now)
  2. I would alter human metabolism to self-generate what are now essential nutrients - including amino acids. Imagine being able to live off of nothing but fresh water staple crops like wheat and rice. A side-effect of this might be larger livers. Horses, for example, could never get scurvy because they self-generate Vitamin C from Glucose.
  3. Cure all chronic illnesses that are afflicting everyone on Earth right now.
  • Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Remnants said:

Quite clever. :LunaMCM:

I just hope you'd have the psychological fortitude to not break when you bear witness to all the horrors of humanity -- both past and present. You would indeed witness things that would make it quite undeniably clear that there are fates much worse than death. Even if your sanity were to remain intact, I very much doubt you'd be the same person. Ignorance is bliss until you know better.

What can I say? It would be a dream come true. :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

1, I wish for having good mental health no more depression or anxiety eating away 

2, everyone to be happy/ healthy 

3, peace

dont need to be rich just cured from mental illness

• Brohoof 1

I would wish for:

1.) The worlds wealth

2.) Super intelligence

3.) Free the genie

then I would use 1 and 2 to get rid of poverty, hunger, homelessness, and corruption. Then I would reside with what is left...

I would probably ask for immortality, including eternal youth and eternal good health, kind-of like Captain Jack from Torchwood (where he can heal even after being blown up with a bomb).

Then it would depend on if the genie considered that a one big wish or three separate wishes.

I mean if I am getting supernatural help, then I should ask for things that are impossible to get without it.

Edited by Pentium100
  • Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

I would probably ask for immortality

That would horrify me! Long before MLP:FIM, Robert Heinlein's book "Time Enough for Love" taught me that immortality can be a terrible curse. Read the section "The Tale of the Adopted Daughter". I cry every time I read it.

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

immortality can be a terrible curse.

IMO, as long as it does not come attached to some sideffects that would be unpleasant anyway (immortal, but turned into a statue or something like that), I don't think that it could be a curse. Then again, maybe I would change my mind after 10000 or a million years, I don't know.

I stometimes see the argument "but I don't want to outlive the people I care about - my friends etc", well, chances are that you still can, because of any group of friends, somebody is going to die last. I also do not see the value in dying. Maybe there are people who want me dead, but I am not one of them.

On 1/15/2021 at 12:33 AM, Pentium100 said:

IMO, as long as it does not come attached to some sideffects that would be unpleasant anyway (immortal, but turned into a statue or something like that), I don't think that it could be a curse. Then again, maybe I would change my mind after 10000 or a million years, I don't know.

I stometimes see the argument "but I don't want to outlive the people I care about - my friends etc", well, chances are that you still can, because of any group of friends, somebody is going to die last. I also do not see the value in dying. Maybe there are people who want me dead, but I am not one of them.

How about immortality...And the heat death of the universe?

39 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

How about immortality...And the heat death of the universe?

That would probably be intersting to see, will there be another universe after this one? Or, maybe there will be technology to go back in time or to other universes to avoid that.

However, I would probably add the ability to kill myself (intentionaly, like I would have to do some ritual and such, not just shoot myself). 

But just imagine, not just seeing history happen over long time, but being able to go to dangerous environments, like underwater or space without the need of a life support system.

IMO, and just my opinion, maybe I'm the weird one here, people who do not want immortality (at the very least the type where you do not die of old age or disease, but can still be killed) are kind-of suicidal, but, at least, not in a hurry.

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

That would probably be intersting to see, will there be another universe after this one? Or, maybe there will be technology to go back in time or to other universes to avoid that.

However, I would probably add the ability to kill myself (intentionaly, like I would have to do some ritual and such, not just shoot myself). 

But just imagine, not just seeing history happen over long time, but being able to go to dangerous environments, like underwater or space without the need of a life support system.

IMO, and just my opinion, maybe I'm the weird one here, people who do not want immortality (at the very least the type where you do not die of old age or disease, but can still be killed) are kind-of suicidal, but, at least, not in a hurry.

I keep going back to "Time Enough for Love" What if you meet your soulmate, and they AREN'T immortal? From your point of view, they would be gone in the blink of an eye.

28 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

What if you meet your soulmate, and they AREN'T immortal? From your point of view, they would be gone in the blink of an eye.

Which measn I would either not have atachments or enjoy whatever time I have with that person.

Assuming I do not want us to just kill ourselves when we get old (so we die together), one of us would die first. If it's her, then I see her die anyway, why would I want to die soon after (I do not believe in afterlife by the way)? And if I die first, then I leave her in the same position and if I really like her, then I would not want her to die, therefore, I would think that she would also prefer that I lived. At the very least, if I am alive for thousands of years, her memory will live as well.

As I said, while specifying the wish, I would include a way to kill myself if I really want to (because I like having options). I just like having options and eternal life (with an ability to kill myself if I really want to) would give me more options than, well, normal life. Including the choice to live in a way that would normally be considered dangerous, visiting dangerous places and such. 

I would wish for 7 wishes,

then ask to have a body that works the same as an average cis woman (including sounding like one and ability to have kids),

have a dogs tail and ears,

Not be constantly in my own head,

be fluent in Scots Gaelic (it's my country's original language, and it's fucking hard to learn)

Get to live with bf in 

Have a nice sized, family ready house, as well as a nice summer house

Have no need to worry about money (cause then can just do jobs for liking the job, opposed to needing to focus on money)