Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [OOC] The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

26 minutes ago, Califorum said:

@Illiad Easle

Okay, Maud won't be stronger than she already is. Given her knowledge with rocks I find it reasonable to say that she hid out in the mountains of Equestria, in caves and scavenged what she could survive. Being the type of pony she is, she would stick to herself and stay away from others. We can say she eventually met up with Trixie/Spiral Lulamoon and Trixie felt bad for her and wanted to help her escape from discord's wrath, while Trixie herself is more bold and wants to find a way to destroy Discord - however she isn't stupid and kept hidden. 

The loss would weigh heavy on her mind. If anything she would be even more stone cold as a way to cope with losing her family, mostly with a frown on her face.  

I think maud wouldve died with her family though.... Or gave discord a run for his money.... Pinkie's not the only one who could teleport on a whim. Never make maud mad.

Here is the events of Maud. To be entirely honest I got a little emotional typing this. This is basically the plot of many movies I have come to love due to the sheer gravity of the situations involved. The end of times, and the end of that of which you have known to love and cherish.  @Illiad Easle

It had been a few days since the death of Celestia had echoed across the land. The ponies of the land would weep at this. Maud stayed silent upon this. She chose to stay at her farm. Her sister, Pinkie was nowhere to be found. Her other family members were going to stay at the farm until the end of the world, they had decided. Maud would stand in her room overlooking the grey rocky landscape of her farm. She heard someone walk up the stairs. It was Limestone and her parents.

Maud turned to them with a blank monotone expression like always. Limestone spoke. "The spawn of Discord will be here at any moment. We have no chance against them. What will we do?" Limestone asked, terrified.

"Survive." Maud said in a deadpan, matter of fact tone.

"How can we survive this?! There is no chance at surviving!" Limestone said, her father hushing her.

Her father stepped forward with a rather serious but somber look. "They sister is likely lost for good. Fret not however, the hope of the family lies in you." he stepped forth, pressing his hoof to Maud's chest, Maud's face shown a slight sign of confusion.

"Explain." Maud said to him, in the same tone yet softer.

"Thy family has decided that it would be best if thou escape fate it is too late. Thy sisters are too afraid to face the reality of this situation. Thy self is to depart this farm, and run as far as you possibly can." he said, with a slight bow almost, like a sign of respect.

Maud thought about her options. It was either die with the family, or have a slim chance of escaping and seeing what lies beyond. Maud closed her eyes as if in pain. "Father, I'm not sure if I can do it." she said, as if unsure of herself. Yet still, her tone maintained.

"Thy future is never certain, but if thou shall stay here, it is certain and the family will be gone for all time." he said, in a tone serious yet soft. Then the two family members walked down the stairs and hours passed as Maud weighed her options.

She pulled out her rock pet, boulder. Feeling along its soft, yet hard exterior. Deep down, she knew that her father was right. If she wanted to have any chances at getting past this, she had to flee into the caves just beyond the farm. She walked down the stairs after packing up important belongings, her bags on her back. The others were sitting at the table.

"Come forth." said Maud's mother. She sat at the table and they all bowed their heads. They knew that Maud made up her decision yet they didn't speak any words of it.

"May thy remaining spirit," - Igneous Rock Pie.

"Guide thyself," - Cloudy Quartz.

"Through whatever pain and suffering lies ahead," - Limestone Pie.

"A-and to never give up no matter how bleak things seem," - Marble Pie.

"May thy last hope remain, forever..."

They said one at a time. Maud didn't speak, but her face conveyed all that was needed. After the prayer the family hugged tightly. Maud shed a few years, her monotone face fading and they all weeped together at the gravity of the situation. They exchanged last words and goodbyes. Each family member giving Maud a rock. An igneous rock, a cloudy quartz, a limestone, and a marble rock. Maud collected them into her rock pouch.

Maud gave one last look in the door as she departed. Shutting the door, then she ran with charisma into the caverns just beyond the farm. Those that would give her escape. She kicked the wall, rocks and boulders falling over and covering the entrance. Maud lit a match, and ran further into the cave.

Shortly after, Limestone would look at the horizon. The hellspawn of Tartarus, and Discord's loyalists were on the horizon.

"Thy heathens have arrived. Don't be afraid...Don't be afraid..." the family said, a darkness covering over the farm. They repeated their words as it got even darker...and darker...

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

18 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

When they joined the group (Whether they've been in the group or in a subgroup since the beginning or only just joined when the forest blew away or somewhere in between)

Briar and Brittle are recent additions. Briar have spent most of his life living in wilderness, and knows well enough how to survive. As Brittle feeds off him, and he can survive on bugs, they had been able to stay somewhat hidden, and not needing for much in the way of food. Briar would be the only one that'd be slightly malnourished, depending on whatever or not they killed the fish for some reason, as part of the attack. Some folks salt the earth, others poison the rivers. Hard to tell if any of them happens without knowing for sure.

Either way, they would have recently met up with the group, by a chance encounter. Which were where Briar were told of this potential safe haven, and elected to follow them. IN a normal world he wouldn't have needed to, but this isn't that world anymore, and he knows they can't keep getting lucky forever.

What others in the group know about them (Name, backstory, past deeds) Only those who have been in the group for some time are considered as knowing in this section

As it were recently, and talking too much might alert some patrols, they haven't said much. Brittle haven't said a word to anyone - including Briar - for about three months now. Though she does cry at times, and sob silently. Briar have led the word, but only told about their names, what he is, and a few tidbits of general knowledge they might have needed. Such as the effect of his essence, which I can imagine he might have used some of, to quickly grow some rations for the fledgling group. He will have promised more in debt stories when they eventually reaches safe haven, and I can imagine that he would have had to assure them that he wouldn't eat them several times, due to his sharp teeth marking him as a predator.

What others in the group DO NOT know about them (If only one member knows indicate that as well.) If your character is very new to the group everyone else should assume they know nothing not specified in the previous section.

They've been with the group for only a few days. Aside from some minor, important information, the others will know little of them. Including that Brittle used to be a circus freak, and that he himself, is technically an exiled criminal. It's not the time or place for long-winded talks.

Also, in case there were still animals/fish there, at the time of retrieval, he'll have some rations of fish/boar on his back, in a small, crude pouch that he found on one far less fortunate than them. It should last him enough to get the details sorted, after retrieval.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

I find it interesting that only Briar so far, have thanked Convoy for saving their lives. Some creatures are leaning towards getting a one way ticket back to ground level. :P

Trixie isn't the thankful type. And Maud doesn't talk much.

@Blitz Boom @C. Thunder Dash @Califorum @Kujamih @Windy Breeze

Some of you seem to be under the impression that you can only respond to the end my posts, not so.

I would encourage you to respond to as much of my posts as you would like, even if you think it might derail where the rest of my post goes, I try to structure my posts such that what you add shouldn't force too much of a retcon, but having the back and forth between the posts is integral to a long form RP like this one.

@Blitz Boom and @Califorum are good examples of this.

Regardless, given everyone is split up now my individual remarks to each of your characters should be shorter, and thus easier to respond to in entirety.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Ah I see. I personally really like this rp. Its not a big group thing which would be a hassle to reply to and keep up with. Kinda like every character going their own path and having their own adventures. Eventually they probably will interact with each other.

@Illiad Easle

This should cover roughly how the main part of Briar's body functions. :) Hope it makes sense.

I were thinking of the gender thing as I wrote that, and frankly, this felt right for their kind for some reason. They're not flesh and blood, so no need to function exactly like those either.

So let me know if you have questions or comments to it. :)

On 1/22/2021 at 10:49 PM, Windy Breeze said:

@Kujamih

Just to let you know, you don't have to answer to the post I tagged you in, for Shadow and Windy are in a different location.

... I actually wanted to add a bit for us when you are going to the physical exam.

Im gonna say to you character.

" Hey don't worry about the physical exam.. it's easy, you got this. Your name is written all over it."

Ehhhh eeehhhh:squee:

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom

To be honest, I like it when I finally got interact with somebody else's oc other than the Illiad's characters. Interaction can build friendship, which is always a good element to any kind of fiction, but I understand if Illiad changes that part, logic is also important when a few ponies have a fragile trust with changelings due to their past history.