Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [OOC] The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

@Blitz Boom @Windy Breeze

I did intend for you two to be in separate cafeterias, but if you want to be in the same one I'll allow it. I was intending for everyone to get separated on this very large ship such that they could more easily be pulled to the different factions for the overarching plot.

We'll say in this instance Tables went down instead of up looking for the cafeteria and found the research kitchen instead of the one for the fighters.

Really @Windy Breeze is the only one who hasn't stumbled into a hook to the plot yet, which allows me to set the three of them into a different faction from the rest.

I'll do my best to get some interaction between all of you going forward.

• Brohoof 1

@Jack Baker

The only requirement is that you intrigue me. You'll need to read through my posts in the main thread at least up to January 18th to get the general information that everyone has.

For your character you'll need to supply:

What they were doing before they got collected by another of the Project's rescue vehicles.

Their starting equipment.

Anything abnormal or supernatural about them (It's okay and welcome if they don't have anything super special about them)

Which of the deputies, if any, they went with at the sorting call.

• Brohoof 1

A master of arms, Raze is a former Royal Guard member turned wandering mercenary after the fall of Canterlot. He traveled across Equestria, hunting the spawn of Tartarus and defending survivors from Discord's raiders in exchange for food and supplies. During one of his many missions, which involved hunting a group of demons, Raze, while putting up a good fight alone, had found himself at death's door, overwhelmed by the enemy's sheer power. Just before one of the creatures could land the final blow, an apparition appeared in a flash of blue light, defending him. With a loud roar mighty swing from its sword, the apparition cleaved the group of demons in two. It then turned to him, and with a deep, calm voice, introduced itself as Thanatos. It called itself a guardian spirit, a type of familiar from a higher plane of existence appearing only to those whom they deem have the potential to command them. He had observed him for the entire fight, impressed with his combat prowess and strength, but seeing that his life was in danger, had decided to intervene. He then offered to form a pact with Raze, becoming his guardian spirit henceforth. He was unsure at first, not knowing whether or not this could have been a trick of some sort from Tartarus. But as he looked closer, he could not sense any sort of deceit or hidden malice coming from the apparition, and ultimately accepted. Now, he and the guardian spirit fight as one, and they continued their travels across the realm...

Until once again, they were ambushed by a horde of spawn.

Once again, Raze had found himself cornered in, until suddenly, a powerful explosion had struck the horde, thinning out the spawn attacking him, seizing this opportunity to strike, he viciously cut down the remaining monsters. He looked up, and saw some sort of large aircraft slowly descending towards him. One armed pony came out and motioned for him to come aboard, saying they were with the city of Æther, a so called "Bastion of Civilization." Intrigued, and with no better option that he could see, Raze decides to get in and see what this ciry looked like for himself...

Equipment:

Raze wields both a repeater rifle and a shortsword. He has a very unorthodox way of fighting, holding his sword backhanded and using it in tangent with his rifle. He attacks with quick, precise slashes and kicks to both harm and pressure the enemy, then retreats back and fires off a shot (or two) from his rifle, only to quickly dash back in and continue again. He can also summon Thanatos, who uses a sword and harnesses powerful magicks. For a very brief time, Thanatos can also possess Raze's sword, embuing it with magic energy. There are downsides to using Thanatos: having him summoned for long periods of time will slowly drain Raze's physical energy. If he is exhausted, he cannot summon it. Also, whatever damage Thanatos takes in battle will be directed back to Raze as well. Thanatos may also be "destroyed" during combat, ending the summon early and temporarily sealing him for a period of time. In additon, Raze will also suffer heavy damage.

Thanatos:

Image result for persona thanatos

I'll also have Raze about to get picked by whichever deputy deems him fit at the sorting call.

@Illiad Easle

Edited by Jack Baker
  • Brohoof 1

@Jack Baker

I think I'm intrigued.

I have some questions about Thanatos though, what is he actually? There are means by which this information could be obtained on the project, and I need to know if some of the things I have planned are of the same type/compatible with him/his abilities. Would he show up when Raze was scanned upon boarding the Project? Would Raze declare him as an asset?

Reading my posts in the thread up to the 18th of January is required, as I don't want to run through all that exposition again. By that layout you'll find that the deputies did not choose anyone out of the group, it was the responsibility of those saved to be chosen, or wait for a member of the llama's group to interview for more specialized placement. You will need to pick a deputy or indicate that you want to wait for an interview, in the which case we'll start you at said interview.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

He's like a familiar, one that only shows his true form when Raze summons him. Otherwise, he is basically harbored within the depths of Raze's soul. When hanging around Raze (if one is incredibly talented in magic) one might feel something akin to a strong presence surrounding him. What would show up in scans would be a strong magical aura surrounding him, which could create some interesting scenarios in terms of this. Thanatos can speak by projecting his voice directly into the minds of others. Raze and Thanatos can communicate telepathically to each other as well.

His origins would remain a mystery at the beginning, but one of the goals for Raze in this RP would be to find out exactly where he comes from.

Does that explain a little bit more?

EDIT: I'll be going with the Earth Pony deputy, since he's looking for combat oriented members.

Edited by Jack Baker
  • Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Sounds good. :)

Question to @Jack Baker though. That spirit you talk about, is it a nature spirit of some kind, or make use of nature magic? It's just if it is, my char would likely be able to feel him, and be rather confused by the odd gathering of nature magic. It's just to make sure, in case they come across one another. :)

@Blitz Boom

It's not a nature spirit, but I'm certain your character could feel him regardless. To those who are well versed in magic of any kind, they'd feel something, even if it was a little bit. As a spirit, Thanatos has immense magic power.

@Jack Baker

So an odd sensation in the area, that he can't explain. Gotcha. :) My char is blind, so his senses are up high, but he's more or less a living plant, so nature magic registers more clearly. Hence why I figured it best to ask. :) Welcome to the RP, and hope you have a good time here.

• Brohoof 1

@Jack Baker

I am confused as to how you are interacting with me. How are you in the same area as my characters are?

I would prefer we talk things out before interacting. Feels forced since I didn’t consent to an interaction yet nor did I know of the intent.

@Illiad Easle

I have no plans for what might grow out of those seeds, though the essence should force through growth. If it lingers, thrives, or anything, I haven't planned for. I just figured it were something like this I were supposed to write, and then open up for you to make uup some stuff. :)

• Brohoof 1