Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [OOC] The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

@Kujamih

To get Meta at least, The Author is a character in the universe that can be interacted with. He does pride himself on the internal consistency of his narrative. Things happen because they reasonably would happen, people do things because they have sufficient motivation to do so.

At least, I think so.

As an aside, the changelings I use are largely inspired by those presented in A Novel Tale, which is one of my favorite stories on FimFiction. It first introduced the concept of multiple hives, cooperative changelings, as well as other dynamics that the race has that weren't presented by Chrysalis's army and attack. It also came out long before Thorax was a thing, and my canon strongly diverges around the middle of season 4 (So we don't have a Tirek encounter, we had the Summer War instead) And yeah. Light has his work cut out for him if he wants to somehow change that. It's firmly entrenched in several RPs as well as a published work on FimFiction that I wrote with @Randimaxis 

Light has problems with authors/writers... He didn't like his faith on his world dimension and his world went crazy lulu. Now he has no dimension to go back to.... Thus he wants it to never happen again. Joined forces with a supreme being.

( Somewhat a higher ranked writer)... So there's a high chance that Light might try to fight this author.

And of course for him too much deviation from the original is bad... But he was proven wrong before.... So he ain't gonna try and jumping to conclusions again... He knows there's good authors/writers his just gunna be cautious, find out about this dimension. Check if there's negligence, is the writer evil or not. Etc..... Actually fixing dimension....is weird.....sometimes just being there and going with the flow fixes it.

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze @Jack Baker

Still waiting on you two for a short summary of where you see your characters after a month on the ship. Raze is fairly straightforward, @Jack Baker Are you alright with being an expedition guard? Or would he seek to be reassigned after his experience with Maud?

@Windy Breeze Two of your characters seem fine to be guards, what of Serene?

Once those two are decided we'll step forward. I'd like my next post to wrap up where we are and move forward a month.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Raze's skills would definitely be more suited to an expeditionary role, though he'd really be fine doing either. During the month, he'd hop jobs between being a guard inside the Project, as well as heading out to drive off enemies threatening the outside. Also, eventually some would see Raze with Thanatos out and about, but probably only for a split second or so before he'd get caught; but be spotted enough so that rumors might spread around the Project about an earth pony guard seen with a mysterious creature surrounding him. He doesn't trust them enough yet to fully have Thanatos out in the open.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

Windy will be joining the guard but she will be training in order to join an expedition team (if that team even really exist), hoping they would visit Ponyville or Cloudsdale in search for her friends and the other Wonderbolts, and Shadow will decide to be a guard too and may sometimes give Plein a visit if she had the chance. Serene on the other hoof will join the agriculture but he would look at the list of new arrivals every day, he will become close to his diamond dog friend (I forgot her name).

Windy will also meet up with the mare with leg prosthetic (forgot her name too)

Edited by Windy Breeze

@Blitz Boom @Courageous Thunder Dash @Jack Baker @Kujamih @Starforce Glimmer @Windy Breeze

All right then, I'll wrap up where we are now and move everything forward a month tonight, then we can get into some more interesting interactions.

To give a hint of what is to come, @Kujamih is right about some things, not everyone is happy with where the project is going. Some rather important and powerful creatures included.

• Brohoof 2

Btw what is Apollo again? Is he wearing an armor aswell? Does he have magical protection aswell?

And if theres magic revolving around Apollo light will be able to detect it and absorb it if it isn't changeling magic.

@Kujamih

Yes, Light got cut off from speaking.

Apollo is a griffon, one that's been magically enhanced, or cursed depending on how you look at it, such that his intelligence and strength are perpetually brought into balance such that the lower is increased to meet the higher. Further, his talons are coated in Minostralium, a metal resonant with the Ley lines which serve to amplify his magic and protect him from the effects of anti-magic. If magic were a field like gravity, Minostralium would be like a gravity well giving the wielder a deeper pool of it to draw from.

Apollo is wearing light armor, his hide being tough enough on it's own to not need heavy armor. He's also got raw strength to rival a minotaur.

In short, I don't recommend fighting him by yourself.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So that means I can absorb his magic..... Chrysalis throne canonically can absorb magic even discord. And is only changeling friendly... It isn't anti magic...so I can use it against him...... I'm not gonna fight him head on.

I'm just gunna surprise him a bit .

" I'm gunna tell him that "sure  I'll help you... But It needs to be believable. Then I surprise blast him of the building enough for him to know that I can absorb his magic and that you know... Light ain't a push over. Then Light will escape cuz you know I attacked Apollo and I steal some stuff that can be plot convenient. That I can use to lure in or use for leverage to gain trust from the rebels or anyone I ran into while escaping.

What do you think. @Illiad Easle

oh and I'm preparing the settings and not winging it. Because... The gods are intervening... Yep I want to intervene...:sneer:

and so I can know what you think or maybe you want something to go a bit smoother for our story line?

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 2

Oh and so Light can know how strong Apollo is. His gunna use a lot of power, an actual intent to kill kinda power cuz he knows just buy Apollo touching him that Apollo does have a lot of power... And Lights power wasn't even enough to kill him even though he absorbed some of Apollo's magic... it was just enough to Bruce him and flung him off his room. To a floor way down bellow and light would look outside and say.

" That's one tough cockroach....."

And he panics and tries to grab anything inside the room and runs like hell.

• Brohoof 2

@Kujamih

9 hours ago, Kujamih said:

So that means I can absorb his magic.....

Gryphons don't typically have much magic you could absorb, to clarify the minostralium simply makes it easier to use magic in the area by warping the nearby magic field, it does not mean that Apollo has a bunch of magic stored on him to be absorbed. You could however absorb magic from the area given it is 'pooling' around them.

" I'm gunna tell him that "sure  I'll help you... But It needs to be believable. Then I surprise blast him of the building enough for him to know that I can absorb his magic and that you know... Light ain't a push over. Then Light will escape cuz you know I attacked Apollo and I steal some stuff that can be plot convenient. That I can use to lure in or use for leverage to gain trust from the rebels or anyone I ran into while escaping.

What do you think.

I think you have a death wish, attacking Apollo is a great way to have you labeled the leader of the rebellion and marked for death. You're free of course to do as you like, and I'll try to make sure the story can still happen, but I would again strongly discourage attacking Apollo. Fury wasn't lying when he said Apollo was insane.

Because... The gods are intervening... Yep I want to intervene...

Care to elaborate on that? Any 'Godly' actions should be discussed here before showing up in the RP.

And Lights power wasn't even enough to kill him even though he absorbed some of Apollo's magic... it was just enough to Bruce him and flung him off his room. To a floor way down bellow and light would look outside and say.

I question how that could occur, given Light is hanging outside the project the only direction Apollo could be flung is inward as Light doesn't have the leverage to flip the positions. They aren't over any floors anyway, any unguided fall will be to the ground.

This way Light can attract the rebels....

Assuming there even are rebels,

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

1. Yup that's what I mean absorb the magic that the artifact is producing. 

2.hmmm let me get back on that.

3."godly actions" That's why I'm asking for things right now.

4.what I mean blasting Apollo of to another floor... Like Apollo's office is at the top floor kinda stuff.. because the Boss office is always on the top floor where he she can see things. And he ends up falling to the dinner room or plaza room of the project.

assuming that there are even rebels... Truth be told... The way you presented the story to me.... definitely there is.... But if you are giving me hints that there might not be OR it's freakin small like there's only 12 or so of them... Hmmm....

(edited)

"Godly actions" I'm referring to things like let me do this to Apollo and this what happens to Apollo... I end up controlling apollos actions so that is god moding and is a big nono.... So that's why I'm asking if I can intervene and asking for your permission.

Edited by Kujamih