Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Anybody here loves Tom & Jerry? I do :-D

raykv423

Since there's a new Tom & Jerry movie coming out next month, T&J turning 81 soon, and I'm relieving all of my T&J memories and watching them on YouTube, I thought I would take a moment here to ask a MLP fan if they have seen T&J and/or enjoy watching T&J. :eager: 

I love T&J, been watching them since I was a little baby, still do to this day. 
I'm glad I lived on this planet to see a famous cat-and-mouse duo making us laugh and cry. 

And for those curious for the new T&J movie, here's a trailer of it and yes, it's actually totally legit. :pinkie: 

E153660A-2720-4BE5-9276-117F82C3E0B0.jpeg

• Brohoof 2

I grew up on Tom and Jerry! In fact I grew up on a lot of old classic cartoons. Looney Tunes, The Smurfs, Top Cat, Flintstones, Jetsons, just to name a few. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

Oh yeah, Tom&Jerry and Nu Pogodi were may favorite cartoons when I was a kid. I still watch them from time to time.

Fun fact: Nu Pogodi is kinda like a Russian version of T&J, except it's a wolf and a rabbit. The creators of Nu Pogodi said they didn't know that Nu Pogodi is very similar to T&J and they said Nu Pogodi isn't inspired by T&J because at the time Nu Pogodi originally came out in the 1960s, T&J isn't available in Russia until probably around 1980s. You can see the similarities of these two cartoons.

Anyways, though, even though I live in the US, I watch Nu Pogodi on YouTube (thank god for the Internet) and I have to say, I enjoyed it :squee: and as a T&J fan, I approve of Nu Pogodi. Now I kinda wanna a crossover between Tom & Jerry and Nu Pogodi. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, raykv423 said:

Fun fact: Nu Pogodi is kinda like a Russian version of T&J, except it's a wolf and a rabbit.

Oh yeah. Also I noticed another difference between them is that the wolf is always the asshole/bully, while in T&J, sometimes Jerry is the asshole.

These cartoons are great also because they do not really require understanding of the language. When I was a kid, I did not understand English or Russian. However, Cartoon Network was in English (so what if I enjoyed watching Thomas the tank engine, I pretty much watched the images because I could not really understand anything) or, if my parents bought or rented a video tape, then it would be in Russian, so I had to watch it with them translating.

Sure I watched some cartoons on TV with proper translation, but there were not many options.

• Brohoof 1

It was my favorite show for a little while when I was growing up. I still enjoy it. It’s not my absolute favorite now because I prefer more character development to sight gags, but dang, some of those sight gags are classics! I’ll always have a special soft spot for T&J.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
(edited)
33 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Hopefully you'll see the new movie:fluttershy:

Unfortunately I don't have HBO Max :(:blush:

Edited by raykv423
  • Brohoof 1

I used to watch T&J a lot on a network called “Boomerang”. I really loved that show :wub: My favorite quote is when the mom says “Thomas, close the door, you’ll let the weirdos in!”. I also watched some T&J parodies like the Wizard of Oz one which I used to really like.

• Brohoof 2

Don't we all missed when CN would have like an ongoing episodes of T&J and Looney Toon almost everyday? Man, such good times there. The new movie I honestly don't know what to say really. The whole cartoon in a real life world is very cringy to say at the least. I mean Looney Toon knocked it off the park with no problem at all. Tom and Jerry? I don't think it works the same way as the Looney Toon movie did.  

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I grew up watching some of the episodes from those cartoon compilations of other slapstick cartoons of the day. I love their dynamic!

They're not actually enemies from what I can tell right? They just pretend but don't care and still get into hijinks? I guess I should rewatch T&J soon :please:

• Brohoof 1

Haven't seen it in years, but it was quite a good show. I should really check it out again sometime. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1