Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should there have been a special about learning to drive?

Denim&Venöm

Driving is a key mile stone for many an adolescent. So it is a bit of a surprise that the subject wasn't tackled in EQG, especially from the pony perspective. Seeing princess Twi freak out over a complicated contraption like the automobile and it's convoluted traffic safety laws and her usual anxieties about test taking would have been a hoot, as would have been Sunset's flash backs and how she handled the challenge. 

So was a lack of a driving special a missed opportunity or would it have been a bit of a reach for its target demographic to care for? 

Definitely a reach as a subject, but that works perfectly as an example for overcoming anxiety.

Spoiler

Not to mention the sudden line up of car toys Hasbro could release, and the opportunity to sneak in a transformers joke/cameo. They could also amusingly take a step back to a lower stress environment by practicing rules of the road on a carriage!

And while it's none of their concern, it'd be a little awkward for the likes of myself who still haven't learned. ^_^

The idea is good but I guess should have been in one of the movies. I could imagine it having been a fun scene if they had. Well as equastriagirls that is I can't really think of ways of having it been an episode other then having something similar to a horse wagon type of deal haha. Which could have been an interesting aspect too if they had cars ponies could drive and I do remember there being a toy with my little pony that included a car so the idea was there.

4 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Driving is a key mile stone for many an adolescent. So it is a bit of a surprise that the subject wasn't tackled in EQG, especially from the pony perspective. Seeing princess Twi freak out over a complicated contraption like the automobile and it's convoluted traffic safety laws and her usual anxieties about test taking would have been a hoot, as would have been Sunset's flash backs and how she handled the challenge. 

So was a lack of a driving special a missed opportunity or would it have been a bit of a reach for its target demographic to care for? 

"Driving Miss Shimmer" is a series of shorts where Sunset Shimmer takes her driving test. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Driving Miss Shimmer" is a series of shorts where Sunset Shimmer takes her driving test. 

I haven't seen that one. Now I have to get it!

Just watched it. I loved how Rarity rented a stretch Limo for the day.

LOL!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Just watched it. I loved how Rarity rented a stretch Limo for the day.

LOL!

She would! :D And she deserves it. (In the good way)

There was the one EQG short where Sunset was attempting to earn her driver's license which a couple of people have already mentioned. Sure, it's not a 22 minute episode and doesn't go into too much detail but at least we got to see something regarding this topic's subject.

• Brohoof 2