Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Coming Soon to RP and Ask a Pony

Jeric

Oh why hello darlings, why don't you come in and look around? As you can see, I have been hard at work creating the new accents and designs for the upcoming grand premier of some fantastic changes for the area of this place that puts on those adorable story driven plays .... Arr Pay Jee I believe Spikey Wikey calls them. Strange name if you ask me, but to each her own. 

Spike, Discord, and Big Mac seem hugely interested in the ability for ponies to be able to create custom characters that they can play as, so they came to me for inspiration and ideas. I'm not really a coder, but I do know a thing or two about managing a team to get something creative off the ground. So, pretty soon all the ponies here who love to dress up as somepony else will be able to do so in those areas of MLP Forums. Your old musty dusty database that just sat there on the shelf was barely any fun. Also, now I have an excuse to maybe break out some of my Shadow Spade collection. 

IDEAAAAAAA!

• Brohoof 9

• This topic was featured and pinned
13 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Jeric May I play a Mane 6, please? I'm sure you've seen my work! :eager:

An official announcement will come shortly, but soon, anypony that Roleplays will be able to make characters for those Roleplays .... 

Wait .... 

Wait .... 

c9f.gif

OMG I LITERALLY JUST GOT AN IDEA AS I WAS REPLYING TO YOU. 

Ask A Pony is going to get this too. Yep. This has to happen. 

• Brohoof 3

• The title was changed to Coming Soon to RP and Ask a Pony
3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Ask A Pony is going to get this too. Yep. This has to happen. 

My "Ask My Little Ponies" topic is getting an upgrade!? :pinkie:

THANK YOU, BFFFF!  e726a388e8e572b8094cc3dbe254858093489705

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, raykv423 said:

What about OCs, especially mine's? Do I get to RP as my OC in this or not?  Or do I go OOC and be myself in this?

Character is character.

If you want to user your OC, absolutely. If you want to use an official cannon character, you can do that too. 

1 minute ago, Califorum said:

I'd gladly take Maud Pie or some of my OCs!

What if Maud doesn’t wanna go? I mean she could be busy analyzing some rare mineral. 

:nom:

Oooooh, this is going to be fun rolling this out. 

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Character is character.

If you want to user your OC, absolutely. If you want to use an official cannon character, you can do that too. 

What if Maud doesn’t wanna go? I mean she could be busy analyzing some rare mineral. 

:nom:

Oooooh, this is going to be fun rolling this out. 

Heh. The way I understand it as, its like profiles of characters you post as, but when you post as it has your name and the characters picture rather than that of your profile?

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, PawelS said:

This is a great idea! However, sometimes I need to play as multiple characters in one post, so I'm not sure how it will work...

Let’s see how quick you can spot something 

23890ED1-5E3D-49B2-AE3F-B04EA58CD53E.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Califorum said:

Heh. The way I understand it as, its like profiles of characters you post as, but when you post as it has your name and the characters picture rather than that of your profile?

Hmmmmm 

Somepony has been investigating hasn’t he? Either that or using his brain! 

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Rarity said:

Hmmmmm 

Somepony has been investigating hasn’t he? Either that or using his brain! 

Heh, using my brain indeed! Will this be available for roleplayers soon?

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Califorum said:

Heh, using my brain indeed! Will this be available for roleplayers soon?

Pretty soon. I’m running tests at the moment. Then I’m actually going to film a walkthrough of using it 

• Brohoof 2

Moments ago, Jeric said:

Pretty soon. I’m running tests at the moment. Then I’m actually going to film a walkthrough of using it 

Can't wait to use this! Will this replace character sheets?

• Brohoof 2

Moments ago, Califorum said:

Can't wait to use this! Will this replace character sheets?

Yes and no. I’ll lock the old sheets to new entries but keep them visible. The system has all the same fields so it’s a simple copy and paste job to carry over. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Yes and no. I’ll lock the old sheets to new entries but keep them visible. The system has all the same fields so it’s a simple copy and paste job to carry over. 

Won't be too hard to carry mine over, then. I was planning on creating new characters anyways so I will wait until they are locked.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Character is character.

Thanks @Jeric :)

Btw, it's probably new at this since I recently created my OC for the first time so maybe any tips, advice, rules, dos and don'ts or something?

• Brohoof 1

I'm still a little confused by the original topic. But if this will allow Will Guide (my Unicorn and Changeling Personas) a chance to do a little more interaction, I would like to get in on the action

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Jeric said:

Character is character.

Too bad multiple properties aren't canon with MLP in your universe like they are in mine. :o

Edited by Sparklefan1234