Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Coming Soon to RP and Ask a Pony

Jeric

On 1/14/2021 at 9:43 AM, BornAgainBrony said:

Am I understanding this right? We'll be able to take on the roles of official character profiles and use them as avatars for RP-related posting?

Correct. Members are now have the option to create their own characters. Wheatear it's OC or canon. They can switch back and forth from OOC and to their characters.  

On 1/14/2021 at 11:46 AM, DivineTime1000 said:

I request to play as Tempest! :Tempest:

You are welcome too! Please ignore my tempest shadow sample, if you see it on the character list. I'm not planning to play as her since it's just a test run :grin:

Does the change character function only work for Canon characters or is it possible to create a character profile with your OC character?

EDIT: NVM Already answered. The better question is my next post below. 

I was thinking about representing Thorax if no one else really wants to. At the least, I would be glad to stick with either of my OCs, Unicorn Will Guide or Changeling Will Guide.

I shall check back to see when it is possible to attach my "player" name to the "Character" name

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, TBD said:

Correct. Members are now have the option to create their own characters. Wheatear it's OC or canon. They can switch back and forth from OOC and to their characters.  To do so, here are the steps on how to do it!

406196219_RPcharacter.thumb.png.fd77bc8395d6be1d3c0ed4c96070f969.png

What about on mobile?

And what about me? I wonder if it's possible for me to create my OC character profile.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Does the change character function only work for Canon characters or is it possible to create a character profile with your OC character?

EDIT: NVM Already answered. The better question is my next post below. 

3 hours ago, raykv423 said:

What about on mobile?

And what about me? I wonder if it's possible for me to create my OC character profile.

Spoiler

Oops! I’m not supposed to show these screenshots just yet! I got too excited and didn’t realize it’s not officially released yet for users! Would you please remove this screenshot from your post when you quoted me?

quick! Before they will noticed!:umad:

Thanks!

To answer your question, Ray, yes it will work on Mobile as I myself test it out and so have the other staffs! And yes you’re able to create any OC you wish. From what I see mlp related. There’s no limits to what you can add!

5 hours ago, Califorum said:

When will this be made available to the users?

From what I know there has not yet an official release date. As Jeric and the others are still working on it making sure every is running smoothly! But Jeric did say that she will make an official announcement sometime in the future. Do keep your eyes open for it!

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm 99.9% sure you have Rarity "locked" to an "exclusive" deal. :P

Rarity belongs to the world! Exclusive may go against her own Element, and that she would never stand for. 

Because she told me so ....

• Brohoof 2

Moments ago, Jeric said:

Rarity belongs to the world! Exclusive may go against her own Element, and that she would never stand for. 

Because she told me so ....

After you RP for a while you start to hear their voices, just giving you a heads-up. :devious:

• Brohoof 2

The character creation UI is already available, so I tried to use it. I haven't actually created a character yet (due to point 1 below), so I'm not sure what happens if I do, as the feature is not officially announced to be available yet. Anyway, I have some feedback:

1. Why are there so many required fields? I'd prefer to create a character with minimal data to start roleplaying right away, and fill in the blanks later.

2. In particular, the "cutie mark image" shouldn't be required, because not all species have cutie marks, also it should be possible to play as a pony who doesn't have a cutie mark yet.

3. Speaking of species, there should be an ability to enter a custom one, because people often use non-canon species or hybrids.

4. It would be nice to be able to define a default text color for the character, which would be used in all posts made as it, unless manually changed.

5. There is a typo in the description of the Personality field ("s your character hyper?")

21 minutes ago, PawelS said:

The character creation UI is already available, so I tried to use it. I haven't actually created a character yet (due to point 1 below), so I'm not sure what happens if I do, as the feature is not officially announced to be available yet. Anyway, I have some feedback:

You caught a moment where I was testing group shifting. It should not be available anymore since I’m done with that. It not done making modifications to the form and database. That last thing addresses points 1 through 3. Trust me, when it’s done most of the fields will NOT be required  ... for a very good reason. 

4. It would be nice to be able to define a default text color for the character, which would be used in all posts made as it, unless manually changed.

It would be yes. Though this is only a wishlist item mainly because I’ve never poked around the editor’s code. Actually ... I’m not even sure that’s an option in the main forum system. I’m going to take a look at that. 

5. There is a typo in the description of the Personality field ("s your character hyper?")

:sealed:

That I will definitely fix ASAP. Typos are kinda my fatal flaw. :P

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Jeric said:

It isn’t live yet. 

UnsightlyDirectJunco-size_restricted.gif

Ok let us know when it officially live! :-)

On 1/15/2021 at 7:09 PM, TBD said:

To answer your question, Ray, yes it will work on Mobile as I myself test it out and so have the other staffs! And yes you’re able to create any OC you wish. From what I see mlp related. There’s no limits to what you can add!

Thanks boss :yay:

• Brohoof 1

On 1/16/2021 at 9:35 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

After you RP for a while you start to hear their voices, just giving you a heads-up. :devious:

I've been able to hear characters converse with their own voices ever since I was a young kid. I remember imagining Robin Williams saying sentences I never heard IRL. 

Is my experience uncommon?

Also, I'm not very active in the RP section of the forum. I started following Powel's Alien Celestia and Luna thread a few weeks ago, but that's pretty much it. I've wanted to be more active in the RP section, but it seems a bit overwhelming, since I've never done RP before. How do I get involved?

I Have No Idea.gif

I would like to be more active with the RP section. So, with the new system/setup, will it be easier for new roleplayers to get started?

Edited by DJSuits
add questions
  • Brohoof 1

Expect the beta version of this to be rolled out next week along with the character specific rules and groups.

If you have other fandoms and genres outside of Pony that you RP here, there will be a new topic to request that these be added as it starts with just two Pony focused groups. RP extends far beyond pony tho ;)

• Brohoof 2