Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Possible G5 storyboard.

CastletonSnob

Not sure how long ago this was created but it gives more information on the upcoming fifth generation (what to expect air-wise)

Again, not sure how relevant this is anymore. Don’t kill me.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

We've been getting a lot of possible G5 information lately, huh?

https://www.slideshare.net/MaryleneSun/opening-scene-song?from_m_app=ios

Something that catches my attention, is that it appears to be focused on that stallion, and his filly. As if representing a brony telling his pony stories to his daughter :mlp_icwudt:. It would be delightful if G5 story takes that as an inspiration in order to transition to it’s main themes while paying tribute to G4 horses :yay:

47 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I used my dark powers to merge this into another topic created today 

You honor me, my lord

3 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

The fact that the Mane Six are there is making me so happy!!! :pinkie::pinkie::pinkie:

Not sure how I feel about that. I wanted a new slate but that would mean no Maud...so I'm happy since we have a chance to see Maud again I hope.

5 hours ago, Califorum said:

It seems as though they are keeping the mane 6.

Looks more like they are using the Mane 6 as a form of transition, by leaving them as renowned heroes now long passed (except maybe for queen nerd horse). What matter more to me, is G5 taking place in the same Equestria, but have a cast of new characters >_>

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Steve Piranha said:

Looks more like they are using the Mane 6 as a form of transition, by leaving them as renowned heroes now long passed (except maybe for queen nerd horse). What matter more to me, is G5 taking place in the same Equestria, but have a cast of new characters >_>

I wanna see Maud again!

8 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Looks more like they are using the Mane 6 as a form of transition, by leaving them as renowned heroes now long passed (except maybe for queen nerd horse). What matter more to me, is G5 taking place in the same Equestria, but have a cast of new characters 

They looked alive enough in that animation to me.

2 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

They looked alive enough in that animation to me.

It looked like they were to represent whatever story that stallion was telling to his daughter about them to me :huh:

More info I read from that EQD article says that the animatic was made by a person who used to work for Boulder Media a few years ago. With that being the case and with G5 set for release sometime this year to next year, it looks more like a cancelled project for G4 right before the series ended, but that's just my guess. 

Edited by TransitPony
  • Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Megas said:

I'd much rather they start clean, but hey if they ignore the events of S9, I'll give it a shot

I'm confused now.

Originally it sounded like a complete reboot, with them ripping the identities of the Mane 6 to almost beyond recognition. Then it seemed like they'd changed their minds about that and were aiming for a "Star Trek: Next Generation" approach with the Mane 6 having a presence but not being the main focus. Now apparently it's back to screwing around with what wasn't broken.

• Brohoof 2

On 1/14/2021 at 6:38 AM, TransitPony said:

More info I read from that EQD article says that the animatic was made by a person who used to work for Boulder Media a few years ago. With that being the case and with G5 set for release sometime this year to next year, it looks more like a cancelled project for G4 right before the series ended, but that's just my guess. 

I hope that’s not the case. Or at least keep the idea of in-universe transition