Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

@Monotonality @Illiad Easle

As I approached Maud I found her digging out one of the loyalists. They looked to be unconscious, pretty beaten up from the looks of it. I whistled again, and Thanatos manifested himself once more, his ten foot tall figure looming behind me and over the loyalist. I turned to him.

"Heal him enough so that he'll able to speak," I said to him. 

Thanatos nodded. "Of course." He extended his hand over the loyalist, and a pale green light began to shine from it, slowly undoing some of the damage from the collapse. At the same time, I could feel myself beginning to go a little dizzy from the healing. Just having Thanatos out requires quite a bit of physical energy, even more when he's casting magic. I took a seat on the ground, waiting for the healing to finish.

• Brohoof 2

@Jack Baker

Maud takes quick note upon the presence of Raze’s spirit guardian. Her face didn’t express any bewilderment but considering what was going on it would be a lot to take in. She observed the healing of the loyalist and spoke ominously. “We may not have the materials we seek but we have one far more valuable. Knowledge. We will inform the others to what transpired here, this loyalist will be questioned.” Maud spoke in a slightly satisfied and vindicative manner.

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

I looked at Maud with a sort of weirded out expression on my face. "...Okay..." I said. A little unexpected coming from somepony like her, but whatever. I continued to observe the healing process, the dizziness continuing to increase. Despite eating a rather large meal not too long ago, my stomach began to feel empty again, and it growled slightly. Guess I'm gonna need to eat way more when we get back...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Illiad Easle 

"I look old?" Coxa replied.

" .... No! I meant your ways is old, not you specific hehe." Light flustered.

" Love is my prefered emotion."

" then how come I can't woo you? I know I have a lot to give.. and yet it seems I can't charm you..are you saying I don't have enough sugar for you?"- winked-" ...greedy." Light said slyly and snuck a boop on her.

" They still feed on emotions..."

" Oh sorry I meant they don't need to eat it off from some pony. They just eat it among themselves and recycle it on each other... Now that I think about it more..... Is it cannibalism?" Light shuddered.

the throne room

Queen Permu has enlightened Light.

Light was pleased at what was given to him, information. 

As the queen waited for Light's response, Light was in deep thought.

Light noticed that the queen was waiting for an answer. He snapped out of his thoughts and bowed down to the queen.

" ...forgive me my Queen... I was lost in thought. Truly I know little about you all as a changeling.... I might say you are a different breed or variant that I know of.

"my Queen I do not wish to question how your hive works. But please do be careful. My words are not due to gossips I have heard, but what I saw through this hives actions and emotions. So when I say that this hive is divided. It was through my eyes not yours."

" So please put my words into consideration.

" The imposter  has a crimson shiny body...but who could tell? Changeling color reflects differently on light, and I'm not so sure if she really did show her identity to me...all I know is she had blood lust, hatred and revenge on her mind.

" as for mother...I see... I guess I still have a sliver of hope bonding with her."

"Now that I am under your wing so to speak, I will gladly assist you in anyway Queen Permu. But first, I must gain your trust."

Light stepped back and revealed his artifacts implanted in his body.

Light looked like a bulky dark knight.

he did not release any dark ominous presence or magic debris due to the artifact within him absorbs all kinds of magic except changeling magic. Thus only changelings can feel this  weird presence.

[Drawing in progress]

sketch-1620434794875.thumb.jpg.8b53058123d409a4cf03098223dfa9d1.jpg

" This armor is made out of CHRYSALIS'S THRONE. it was named after it, due to it's first discovery. Queen Chrysalis discovered this rare material and placed it on her hive making no other magical creature could use their magic, but the changelings. Not even discord is safe from it." 

" But for some unknown reason...you changelings have no idea what this material is... I believe rescuing Chrysalis, that is if she is still alive. Is somewhat important now."

" but surely this will not be enough to gain your trust Queen Permu..."

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom

“Just don't forgot to eat vegetables. Your mom will be more proud of you when she hears you eat healthy food while she's away” Serene said in a semi-strict tone, “I once got sick when I refuse to eat vegetables in the past and you may not want to know what I've been through”

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

As dinner had gone well, the two of them had been around and working in nice, quit silence. up until the watering system had gone off, and startled Brittle. She'd transform into what still looked mostly like herself, but with oversized, leathery wings, that she weren't able to go around with, wrapped around herself as a kind of attempted shielding.

Briar on the other hoof, just faced his smile upwards, and started to let out a loud, bellowing laughter. Such an utterly refreshing surprise. Reminded him of being beneath a large leaf, that had gathered up morning dew and rain for a long time, before it just fell out, and doused whatever, or whoever, would be beneath it. This water were a good deal colder though of course, but it had been a long time since he had felt the humid air of a jungle as it were. It were somewhat hard for him to remember it at this point actually, Though times like this, gave him a little stroll down memory lane to some of the lesser bad parts of his early years, and if not the temperature, then at least the familiar surprise dousing.

Seeing as Brittle had been startled, and he didn't want her to catch a cold, he'd get her straddled on top of him, and wander back to their room. Before going far, he'd take off his cloak, and wrap it around her for comfort and warmth.

Maybe it were time for him to simply give it to her, and stop hiding himself further? He had always been open about it if others asked, but as the buds had caused cautious eyes to fall upon him, he had eventually decided to wear this, to shelter them from that, at a passing glance. Were they to examine him truly, they'd see things that gave it away, but it were less so, and over the years, he had simply gotten used to this.

Yet as he felt Brittle's heartbeat slow down from the pace it had build up to, and heard her breathing ease up, it felt as if it could serve a greater purpose. That it could shelter her, as it once did him, while they wandered into a new era.

A smile would spread on his face, as they neared their room. He had things to think of as they rested, yet he'd welcome the thoughts. It were a welcome addition to have such trivial things to ponder, as they began taking part in this new life of theirs. May the morrow bring good fortune to them all.

Edited by Blitz Boom
corrected a word.
  • Brohoof 1

(One Month Later)

The Æther Project had spent a month hovering over Minostralia and had encountered little in the way of Spawn resistance thanks in no small part to Maud and Raze's decisive efforts to eliminate a camp of supporters, as well as the newly bolstered efforts of the guards to keep any scouts from reporting their position.

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Thundy's demonstration for General Hightower had been impressive, leading him to be instated as a member of the defensive patrol, keeping the spawn from getting too close to the project. His abilities in replication would also make him popular among the mechanics as he could easily replicate the intricate parts they needed to maintain the project's inner workings.

Not everything would be positive though. The binder of cards he had entrusted to the research division had gone missing, with the exception of the cards he had demonstrated. While the official statement denied it, claiming the binder had simply been misfiled, the associate who was sent to tell Thundy indicated that they suspected theft.

@Starforce Glimmer

Trixie and Spiral would be added to the ranks of the library guards, spending the month in training and practice on the open levels to ensure that she could be trusted to work in the more restricted levels.

Early on she would be approached by Dazzle, who would ask why Trixie had not returned to the entertainment zone, but would be satisfied seeing that Trixie was employed in the library, and apparently enjoying the role.

Trixie would occasionally be asked to fill in for a librarian on occasion, mostly being asked to keep the peace on the days when the school children would visit the library.

Maud would rise to prominence among the miners, her and Raze's exploits in the minotaur labyrinth stopped a group of loyalists and secured a load of Minostralium for the project as well as several pieces of valuable minotaur technology. The other miners respected her, but still gave her distance.

@Jack Baker

Raze's exploits with Maud gained him no small amount of respect among the other expeditionary guards, causing them to skip the hazing they had planned for him and going right to considering him one of them. They gave him pointers on how to effectively use the anti-magic rifle he had been introduced to on the project, and a few of them came to him looking for pointers on melee combat.

@Kujamih

Light would be kept under observation for a week or so, provided he behaved himself. Once he was released from observation he was once again summoned by Queen Permu, who tasked him with trying to catch the changeling who had pretended to be Coxa, explaining that she was a remnant of a violent hive of changelings that loved bloodshed and would likely stop at nothing to destroy the Project and kill everyone on board. She would also encourage him to not talk to the other changelings about the Chrysalis he knew, indicating that they were having a hard enough time already adapting to not having a queen, and a good number of the orphaned changelings did not have kind feelings towards Chrysalis or the 'Reformed' changelings.

Light would nonetheless be able to gain a fairly strong rapport with the changelings of the project, as many of them felt like he truly did respect them.

Light would also occasionally be harassed by the red changeling, always in a crowded area where he couldn't make a scene, and never in a way that he could definitively prove was her.

(Anything you need to know about changelings, please ask in the OOC so I can fill you in on what he would no doubt have asked about over the course of the month.)

@Windy Breeze

Windy and Shadow would be accepted into the guard without issue, joining Thundy on occasion to fight off any spawn that came too close to the project, and enjoying a fairly relaxing rotation of posts within the project. mostly helping younger creatures who got lost from time to time as physical altercations and theft were fairly uncommon on the project.

Serene would be accepted into the agriculture group, assigned to work in the arbors collecting the fruit from the trees so they wouldn't need to be struck. (These trees aren't quite as robust as the Apple family trees) He'd occasionally get to work with Brittle and Briar.

@Blitz Boom

Briar would be able to work pretty much undisturbed in the agriculture, proving to be an invaluable asset both in his ability to harvest and plant crops, and in the benefit his essence provided. Over the course of the month crop yields were up a solid 20%.

Brittle would be enrolled in the project's school system, and upon discovery that she would simply not function if put in a classroom setting, was allowed a private tutor who would bring some assignments each week, explain them to both Brittle and Briar, and allow Briar to help Brittle complete them each week. The tutor was always kind and soft spoken, being encouraging without demanding anything of Brittle.

(Current Events in the next post. Stay tuned.)

@Courageous Thunder Dash

Thundy would receive a mysterious note asking him to come to a certain sector of the underside of the Project, alone.

@Courageous Thunder Dash @Windy Breeze

Thundy, Windy, and Shadow, along with some other guards in their group, would be summoned to a meeting with General Hightower. Once there he would speak sternly, "It has come to our attention that a rebel faction is starting to form on the Project. No doubt a ploy by some undetected loyalists. We must be on high alert for any suspicious activities or gatherings. This project can only survive if unity is preserved. It is up to all of you to preserve that unity. Report any suspicious activity to your commanding officer, the Quartermaster, or Myself as the situation warrants. That is all."

@Starforce Glimmer @Jack Baker

The month over, it was finally time to pack up the mining camp and head back to the Project. Another aircraft would be coming to collect the extra materials they had gathered, as well as guide them in to where the Project had moved to. Raze was tasked with guarding the supply of Minostralium until it could be loaded in the new craft, as some of it had gone missing a few nights prior.

Maud was tasked with giving the pit they had dug one final pass to ensure nothing else of value could be extracted before the craft arrived, as well as keeping an eye on the other miners in an effort to see if the thief could be discovered.

@Kujamih

Light would receive an official note asking him to meet with Apollo, the captain of the project, at his earliest convenience.

@Windy Breeze @Blitz Boom

Agriculture was going well. As the mining expedition was about to return it was time to get ready for the changing of the soil. As such everyone was tasked with the grueling job of passing over every field, ensuring that no plant had not been harvested and that everything was ready for the levels to shift.

@Blitz Boom

Brittle's tutor would ask to speak with Briar privately once he had time regarding Brittle's progress.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Trixie was in the library doing her usual duties assigned, having gotten used to them. If nothing unusual happened, she would continue doing what she was doing.

@Illiad Easle @Jack Baker

Maud had been looking about for any other minerals worth of use. Simultaneously she had kept her eyes on the other miners to make sure none of them were up to anything bad. After discovering some metallic minerals and using her powerful hooves and equipment to locate them, she had some of the miners haul off what they had found and from thenceforth concluded that this pit contained nothing else of value. Maud's ears were peeled, and her eyes on alert. Maud sense at its best. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle @Starforce Glimmer

X in middle square.

As Thanatos said that, I took out a small pocket knife and drew an X in the middle of the dirt grid in front of me , before drawing an O in the top right. After a minute of silence, he spoke again.

X in bottom right.

I drew another X in the bottom right, then another O in the top left to block him.

X in top middle.

I responded with an O in the bottom middle.

X in bottom left.

I answered with an O in the middle left. I could already see where this was going, then filled in the last X in the middle right square. Another draw.

How many is that now? I asked Thanatos.

Twelve. A very peculiar game indeed.

I grumbled a bit, then stood up, leaning against a crate of Minostralium. It would be a while before the aircraft came to pick up the last of the stuff, and needless to say, I was bored out of my mind. I lightly bumped the back of my head against the crate a couple of times before looking up at the sky. Hard to believe it was only a month since we got here; if anything, it felt way longer. Since the encounter with Maud and that small loyalist group, we hadn't really come across any other enemies, so I mostly ended up working a guard position, like what I was doing right now. Don't get me wrong, I was glad that we didn't have to fight off the spawn every single day, but that also meant there really wasn't much to do outside of just... well, waiting. Or playing tic-tac-toe with a guardian spirit. At least the others in the guard seemed to take a liking to me. I overheard rumors one night that they were planning to haze me as a form of "initiation" into their ranks, but since Maud and I dealt with the loyalist group in the mines, they changed their minds. As if I'd let them even if they didn't. I'd probably summon Than just to freak them out and put a stop to it before it even began. Though they'd probably avoid me afterwards if that was the case. Maybe they'd even report me too. Either way, I guess I lose in that situation...

Now that I think about it... besides Maud, I haven't really gotten to know anypony else on the Project this past month. That ain't good. I'm not a social butterfly or anything, but I didn't want to feel completely alienated either. I made a mental note to try and get to know others on the Project once I get back. Might make some good connections out of it too. 

Now... when, oh when is that ship gonna come and pick the rest of us up?

Edited by Jack Baker
  • Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

Life in the Æther had goes normal both for Serene, Windy, and Shadow. Serene  became more very close to Gypsum as they spend their time talking when they are not working, Windy sometimes met up with Tables and also found out a large number of ponies from Ponyville had been aboard the Æther before none of them are her friends but her hopes for her friends turning up alive increased.

This goes the same for Serene but there no newscomers from Richville turned up. He would however visit the Records Department for new updates.

Shadow didn't have to do much in her spare time as she has only limited to time to meet with Plein.

@Courageous Thunder Dash @Illiad Easle

Windy had to stifle a yawn as General Hightower. Unlike her, Shadow was listening intently and very seriously. The general had told them there was a rebel faction, no doubt created by sneaky loyalists still aboard the Æther. This was a very serious problem as they might raise a coupe and in the process destroy the entire place. Shadow was not going to let that happen.

@Blitz Boom @Illiad Easle

Serene had no idea what to do and that was his major problem. He had just returned from the Records Derpartment. He looks around, silently calling for help with his helpelss pleading expression 

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

".... Hmm I wonder what It could be this time? Surely it's gonna be important... I wish I could get invited with some tea and biscuit instead... Welp... Shouldn't makem wait."

Light went to where the meeting place  as soon as possible.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Windy Breeze

Thundy sensed something wasn’t right. He couldn’t sense the energy of his Yu Gi Oh binder. He hoped that it was somewhere around so that he could send it back to his home where it would remain safe. 

Upon hearing the news that there were rebels in the project, he was ready to find them. “Understood.” He said. 

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze @Illiad Easle

Briar were whistling and nearly skipping along over the field, as he were seeking out any plant that might have been left behind, before the dirt would be sent through the cycle. The task itself might be somewhat boring for some, but he enjoyed this work, and had done so for the past month. Today though, he just felt a little extra happy about things for some reason. Even if today was not just a day for the field to be harvested, but also him, he did not think that diminished anything. They had a schedule, he were getting through it well, and they were doing well in striking a perfect balance between his comfort and survivability, along with what the project would need of him, and from what he had been told, the yield had been remarkable because of it. To think that he had been part of ensuring that more would have food on their table, filled him with a great sense of pride and joy, though he did not go around and flaunt this to others, nor considered himself to be someone who were owed a higher status because of it.

He were a worker, and knew well that he were just part of the yield. The proper distribution of it were all on them, and he had flat out congratulated them on how impressive he were, with their usage of what he were able to offer them. Imagine what could be, if they found more of his kind somewhere, that also agreed to help ensuring the prosperity of the project? What a glorious day that would be.

Though sadly, thus far, it seemed he were still the last live one of his kind that they had found. They had found others that were long since gone, or recently dead, but as for live ones, or more of the sacred tree seeds, there were none. One more reason why he had only asked for the simple boon to himself, for what help he offered, that they would provide a secure lockbox for the seed he carried, to place within his room. Somewhere that it could not be stolen from, as his kin's future depended on it. Without that seed, or others found, he would perhaps end up being the last of an almost extinct species.

There were the chance that they had found others, and were experimenting on the concentrated mixture of nature and chaos magic, but he'd like to think better of them, than to withhold that, as well as play with something that were intensely dangerous. Legends told of when the first seed were made, and it's planting converted other creatures in a several mile radius, to the first of his kind. As well as converting a desert into a vast jungle. If the stories were true, it were more raw and powerful than the seeds that were carried from the trees now of course, but considering the chaos magic within the seeds, he would not advise tinkering with them, and he would defend his own with his life. Just as the previous carrier had. May the Earth Mother embrace his soul.

But such thoughts were not troubling him in this moment, as he wandered with purpose, and found a few errand vegetables here and there, which he grabbed out of the dirt. Even those deep down, he'd reach down and get hold off with his vines, whilst Brittle were besides him, and gathered them up in a large bucket that she were using her magic to float with them.

Brittle were doing better, and did not need nearly constant skin contact anymore. She were growing accustomed to the routines and safety of things here, and it were making her ease up some, though she had still not said a word. Though she had whimpered audibly when the two of them had wandered to the classroms, that they had been encouraged to visit. He did not seem the harm in humoring them, and watching it, but as they had arrived, and talk were that Brittle would have to sit amongst others, without him nearby... His cloak - which she now carried with her constantly - were not comfort enough to get her through that, and in a fear panic, she had transformed into a small, fluffy dice with grey antenna. They had to make some sort of arrangement after that which suited her better at her current state, and thankfully, they had been able to do so. A tutor would come by, and they would go over some things. She were a calm, soft spoken one, so that helped, as well as her accepting and conforming to Brittle's need for some distance, and the presence of Briar. He'd help her with her homework as much as he were able to when it were just them, and thus far, they had finished the morning's session of that. Hence, they were now free to wander in the fresh air, and get some nice, calm work done.

What things might this blessed day bring them?

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

At the start of her next shift the head library guard would approach Trixie, "I'll be the first to admit that I had my doubts about you when you first joined up. You simply didn't seem like the type to be content watching books for hours on end. Nonetheless, I'm impressed. You've not had so much as a single late book or a damaged page during your time here. I think it's time we moved you to the next layer of security, which I'm told is what initially drew you to working here? Anyway, the higher-ups have told us that there's some sort of rebel faction forming, so they want an extra tight lid on the secured sections. If anyone wants a book from down there rather than accompanying them to get it, they'll have to check it out up here and we'll send you or another guard down to get it. No one is allowed down there except the guards, so if you see anyone down there you be sure to apprehend them and report it immediately. You got that?"

With that she'd chuckle, "It gets pretty quite down there, best of luck to you!"

The mining foreman jotted down the last bits of minerals as Maud and the others brought them up out of the pit. "Good work everyone, between this and everything we got out of the labyrinth we're sure to have the highest return of any of the mining groups. Which means we're due for a vacation next cycle. Let's not trip up right at the finish though. The ship will be here in a few hours, lets get everything packed up and ready to go. Anything left behind will be lost, we're not coming back for it even if it's Celestia herself."

As the others started packing up their things Maud might notice a younger griffon, from the guard group, leave what looked like a battered forge gauntlet a short distance away from the camp.

@Jack Baker

One of the other guards, an amber colored changeling who kept their back half in the guise of a griffon, their forelegs like a diamond dogs, and leaving their head as their natural changeling form, came over to talk to him, "The foreman says the ship will be here in a few hours, make sure you have all your stuff together as nothing will make us come back once we leave." They looked down at the tic-tac-toe board, "Are you, playing against yourself? You could at least let yourself win."

@Windy Breeze

Neither Windy nor Shadow had a guard posting right after the meeting, so they were free to rest up before their next call to duty.

If Shadow went to find Plein she'd find her sitting in the cafeteria with a khaki coated stallion with impeccable hair and a plate of healthy vegetables between them. Plein would wave to Shadow when she saw her, and would try to leave but the stallion would stop her from leaving with his magic before standing himself to intercept Shadow. "You must be Shadow right? We haven't been introduced, I'm Play Wright, the... well, honorary Vice-Consul, not much more than a figurehead now, but anyway. I am grateful for your keeping an eye on Plein. She seems to finally want to do things for herself, rather than as ways to get what she wants, thanks to you. Would you care to join us?"

If Windy went to meet up with Tables, who now had a fully functional prosthetic and worked logistics near the bridge of the ship, she'd find her back in the apartments, "Did you hear what they're saying about a rebel faction? I can hardly believe anyone would want to risk breaking everything, especially after everything they've done for us."

Serene's pleadings for guidance were answered by none other than Wildebeast, who walked up beside him and wrapped a forehoof around him, "You seem lost youngin, you the new pegasus they sent to take care of the more delicate trees? Sure you are!"

He more or less pushed Serene in the direction of the trees. "You see here? These trees can't handle a solid buck like the trees back home, they need a careful hoof to get their fruit. That's where you come in. You fly up there all gentle like, you pick the fruit, and you put it in this basket here. Any of the fruit that isn't ripe yet you leave, and anything that's overripe you put in the compost bin there to be mixed in to the fresh soil we're getting. We're all working together here, you feel free to ask anyone if you need help alright?"

@Kujamih

The note gave him directions which led him to the bridge of the ship, right to the captain's office, where the guards would let him in as soon as he arrived.

Apollo the 13th sat behind his desk, a rather imposing griffon but still very refined over all. "Take a seat would you? I'm told that you've earned the trust of Queen Permu, a task not easily accomplished. But if she trusts you then I suppose I can as well. I've no doubt you've heard about this so called rebel faction that's starting to pop up on the project? Apparently some of the ponies here don't like my leadership. I designed this Project, you see, led the team that built it. Anyway, I need someone to get their eyes on the inside. I want you to try and find this rebel faction to join them, figure out their plans, then tell me so we can put an end to it. Do you think you can do that for me? For the Project?"

@Courageous Thunder Dash

After the meeting Thundy would come across a second mysterious note, (The first one told him to come to a certain sector of the underside of the project alone) that indicated that whoever was writing the notes had, or at least knew the whereabouts of, his binder.

The second note further emphasized the importance of coming alone, and not telling anyone of the meeting.

@Blitz Boom

Per his request, the research team had no issue giving him a lockbox for his room, even ensuring it would be one that could maintain a proper temperature/humidity if the seed needed it to remain viable.

Once the field had finished being passed over the pony in charge would come over to them, "Great work you two, really impressive all around. I think we're just about wrapped up here, if you want you can head up to the top layer and help out harvesting the trees. They can't handle being kicked, but your vines should be effective at picking the fruit without damaging the trees."

On their way up to the tree level they'd run into Brittle's tutor, "Hello you two, how goes the harvesting? If you have some time, Briar, I'd like to speak with you privately."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Trixie listened intently to what the guard had spoke of. A rebel faction? That could not be tolerated. "I would like to ask what you know about this rebel faction. We cannot allow such things to occur on this vessel." she'd say and then jitter slightly. The guards here had known of her oddity with the two souls in one body, so they would know this by now. "Trixie thinks it wouldn't be so great of that to occur, Trixie thinks those part of it should be dealt with as soon as possible in order to ensure the safety of the vessel." Trixie said before Spiral would Speak. "Your words are acknowledged and I will follow them exactly as intended. If worse comes to worse we could lock those books away and forbid anyone to read their contents however that may inflame tensions so we must proceed with caution." she spoke quietly to the guard so nobody could hear their conversation.

@Jack Baker @Illiad Easle

Maud would have quietly informed the others about the gauntlet as it seemed out of place. She would quietly retrieve the gauntlet and look at it. Perhaps the griffon didn't want this to be recovered but if it looked too dangerous or too suspicious she would not be touching it at all. Maud's mining gear was clunky, dusted from the hours of work within the mines. Her face was dusted too, bearing those same calm, monotone eyes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

" I've already made a name here and you're telling me to throw that away?..."

"And  I'm not so sure if your enemies are willing to take me in as a comrade... but as a hostage they will."

" but I guess you have a plan?"

" Let me be clear here... I only gave my loyalty to Queen Permu. Not to you."

That's when Light took his sit.

" I'm listening."

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

The only real requirement the seed had, were to not be placed in dirt, or kept near fire. As there were - or at least had been - their trees from the freezing north, to humid jungles, the seeds were rather sturdy, and didn't get deterred by climate. All that would do, were determining what kind of evergrown would grow from the tree, when it would eventually bear fruit. The fire were more self explanatory, as sturdy as this were, it were still a seed, and did not handle fire well in its current state. When grown, it could stand it to a certain degree, and regenerate damage from that, if the ones tending to it would be quick in smothering the flames, but it weren't there currently, and likely wouldn't be for years to come.

On 2021-05-14 at 6:02 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Once the field had finished being passed over the pony in charge would come over to them, "Great work you two, really impressive all around. I think we're just about wrapped up here, if you want you can head up to the top layer and help out harvesting the trees. They can't handle being kicked, but your vines should be effective at picking the fruit without damaging the trees."

"Sounds like a splendid plan. We will make our way there shortly. Earth Mother watch over you."

He may be far from the earth, in which she resided, but his beliefs were no less alive up here, than it were there. Even if he couldn't feel her in the dirt he wandered upon, which were still something he were trying to get used to. It were nothing massively disruptive to him, but at times, he could feel a certain emptiness that did make him miss the true earth. But he would return one day. When the world were ready for them once more.

They'd be wandering fromt he field and towards their next destination, when the tutor would come out of nowhere, and make Brittle get in closer to Briar. She didn't think incredibly bad things about this tutor, but it were still a somewhat new face, and the surprise meeting had unnerved her a little. Not Briar as much. He had both heard and felt her before she made her presence known.

On 2021-05-14 at 6:02 AM, Illiad Easle said:

On their way up to the tree level they'd run into Brittle's tutor, "Hello you two, how goes the harvesting? If you have some time, Briar, I'd like to speak with you privately."

"Fine meeting you so early in the day. If you are here about her studies, I can assure you that Brittle does her homework, though if it is something else..."

He'd slide a vine out, and use it to keep stroking Brittle's mane, while he went as far from her as he could. Slowly, to make sure that she would be okay with this. Which she seemed to be for now, long as she could stay near the wall, and no one tried to approach her. She would bolt towards him instantly if that were then.

"This is as much privacy as I can offer. If it is meant for only me, speak softly. I can hear quite well."

One of the only benefits of being born without eyes really. Reliance on the other senses, and the oddity of his kind in general, gave him enhanced senses to deal with the world around him. Better hearing, sense of smell, feeling out things around him, and so on. It was not as good as eyes, but he made do, and had come to accept that it were unlikely that there would ever be found a way, for him to truly see.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Starforce Glimmer

Finally, some confirmation on us getting out of here. At the mention of the tic-tac-toe game, I let out a small chuckle.

"...Don't worry about it," I said, walking away without bothering to wipe away the dirt grid, wondering if somepony would find it and ask who was dumb enough to end a tic-tac-toe game on a draw.

I had all my stuff on my person already, so I decided to take a small breather and find someplace comfy to rest while waiting for the ship. I found a large rock formation and sat down, leaning back against it.

...It wasn't comfy, at all. But it'll do.

• Brohoof 2

@Starforce Glimmer

The head library guard simply sighed and shook her head, "I can't say I know anything about these rebels, it's hard to believe anyone would want to openly rebel. I mean, I know things aren't perfect here, but they're far better than down there."

With that she passed over a new keycard and keys, "No matter, here's your new keys. Go get some rest as your first shift is the night one tonight. I'll fill in for you here."

With that the head guard took her place where Trixie would normally watch over the library patrons.

The gauntlet was an old forge gauntlet made for a griffon, one bigger than the griffon who had left it. It was well made and well used, but far from having fulfilled it's usefulness. Nonetheless it didn't seem to have any anomalous or dangerous properties.

The ones she informed about it didn't seem surprised, in fact seemed a slight bit melancholic, "It's a fairly common practice, at least among griffons. When someone close to you dies you carry one of their possessions with you for a time, to show that you will remember them and carry their legacy, then you leave it behind, typically where another won't take it, to show that their death will not always weigh you down. Just one of the ways they honor their dead when a body cannot be recovered."

If Maud pointed out which griffon had left it the others would recognize and cringe, "Ah, her. Her sister was one of the forge masters who built the project. Some of the parts of the project were likely forged with that very gauntlet. Her sister died defending the project in the final stand as the civilians got aboard before it set off. She's carried it with her all these years, it's good to see that she's finally decided to put the death behind her."

@Courageous Thunder Dash

The notes led him down a number of less traveled paths in the underside of the Project. Winding through a number of metal catwalks and pipeworks that kept the project above running smoothly.

Eventually he came to an almost invisible door in the wall, if it weren't for the note he'd likely never find it among the paths and pipes. He'd find it unlocked if he tried to open it, and a voice would tell him to enter if he knocked.

Inside the room there were a number of serious looking creatures seated around a table, they all looked over when Thundy entered, with the exception of the one at the head of the table, whos chair was facing away from the doorway.

On the left of the table was a younger unicorn stallion, barely an adult, who used his magic to operate a pair of gloves which he used to thumb through a magazine. He set the magazine down when Thundy entered, revealing his (the unicorn's) face was featured on the cover.

Second on the left was the same buck who had scanned him when Thundy had been suspected of being a loyalist. It was interesting to note that his horns were plated with some sort of magical metal.

On the right of the table was an older unicorn mare, aged more by grief than years. She didn't pay Thundy much attention, instead she focused on the one in the chair.

Second on the right was a nervous looking reindeer buck who looked like he didn't think he belonged there, and seemed quite intimidated by the deer across the table from him.

The one in the chair spoke up, "Now that we've all arrived, we can get down to business."

Thundy heard a snap, then the sound of many locks turning, the lights raised in the room until it was a comfortable brightness. The chair spun around, revealing a draconequis, but it didn't look much like Discord. His head was that of an earth pony, his forelimbs were those of  a griffon and a minotaur, his hind legs were those of an earth pony, and his midsection and tail were those of a dragon. He didn't have wings nor horns. "Most of you already know why I've gathered you all here. Each of you are important, powerful, and need something only I can provide. Each of you can also do something important for me and the whole project. I am Nikola Tesla Tower Shield, but you can call me Fury."

(I'll give you a chance to react before stepping this scene forward)

@Kujamih

Apollo was not pleased by Light's comments, slamming a fist on the table. He spoke in a low yet powerful voice. "Listen here and listen good. I was O5-3, head of Deep Science who built this project. Everyone is on this Project because allow it, and at my word they are removed. If I don't have your unwavering loyalty I have no use for you on MY Project and I'll have you summarily executed."

He took a deep breath before sitting down, "I could kill you myself if I so chose. Nonetheless, these rebels threaten my authority over this project. They say I'm not fit to lead it. They must be rooted out and exterminated like the vermin they are before they can upset the careful balance I've so meticulously cultivated here. Despite your inflated ego, you are no one on this ship. You've done nothing notable to set you apart, in short you're just the sort of person a rebel would recruit. I want you to go out there, express some discontent about the project's leadership, and see if that piques anyone's interest. Can you do that?"

@Blitz Boom

The tutor didn't look entirely sure, but nodded once Brittle was at the maximum distance she would allow, "She's doing fine in the homework department, maybe even advanced in some subjects. I'm sure she'll be quite the bright student once she gets to the point when she can really apply herself. But no, that's not what I wanted to talk about. I've seen how she wears that tattered cloak everywhere and, well, I do knit on occasion. I was wondering if I couldn't make a new one for her? I wanted to make sure it was okay first, make sure it isn't, like, a reminder of a loved one she lost or something. If that's the case I'd be more than happy to repair it for her."

(I was going to get you to interact with @Windy Breeze but they didn't respond this week)

@Jack Baker

The changeling wasn't dissuaded from trying to have a conversation with Raze, coming a bit closer, "I was meaning to ask you... you feel different from the others, like there are two of you in your body, giving off distinct sets of emotional energy. Do you know why that is?"

(The lift comes in the next post)

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"Whatever their reasons may be we cannot allow them to achieve their goals. Thank you for the keys, and stay safe. Be aware. Question everything." Spiral said as she walked off. Once Trixie/Spiral left the library they would mentally converse about a plan. They would watch the guard through the library windows, provided if there were no other ponies in the halls. If there was any risk of her being spotted, she would just go back to her room and sleep as instructed. Should there be no risks of anyone seeing her, she would have observed the library guard just incase that guard tried to do anything.

@Jack Baker @Illiad Easle

Meanwhile Maud would silently nod to that. She looked down at the ground in a lamenting, almost melancholic fashion. She had a very slight frown across her face and would speak in a slightly deeper tone than normal, "That is a practice I wish to partake in. " Maud would speak as she pulled out a necklace of rock candy. She held it up with her hoof and twirled it slightly as if feeling it one final time. She did not tell the others what it had meant.

With a slow, methodical walk to an outcropping of rocks nearby she'd place it on the point of them. Single tears formed on either eyes and dripped down. Once. They were far too small to be noticed, even in such moments of loss her expression remained unwavering. She looked upon it as she was recalling memories of Pinkie. Then she remembered how she lost her family, and her sister to Discord. A twinge of rage flowed through her. It was too much to be kept secret.

Her left eye twitched, and she moved aside. With her hoof, she slammed down onto one of the rocks with a sudden snap and the rock poofed to dust. She'd walk forward as if absolutely nothing happened. Ready to return. Once she was back she would say, "Loss propels us forward." and then she would say mentally in clear statement, "Discord will die for what he did to my family." however none of them would hear that. Possibly Raze would, if he had the ability to sense the thoughts of others. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Thundy kept his guard up. He looked at the creatures that were sitting at the table. He looked at the buck with the metal antlers, then the other that seemed pretty nervous. He also took note of the chair that faced away from him. Thundy saw and heard as the locks went off and the lights went on. He then saw the creature behind the chair reveal itself...a draconequus. Thundy wasn't intimidated. He wondered if this creature could wield electricity just like him. He looked at "Fury" in his eyes. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom

(Sorry, I was busy taking business a bad apple)

Shadow smiled seeing someone being guidance to Plein while she's at work and that she was glad hearing the filly could do things on her own now, her smile directed at Plein before moving to Play Wright, “A pleasure to meet you sir” she would look at Plein, “I'm glad you can do all by yourself. Whole early independence can be risky, having a few can help you once you grow up”

Windy was also pleased to see Tables now having a proper leg prosthetics but not the topic she brought up “Sometimes, some are too confused they end up going to the wrong path” she sighed before looking down at her prosthetic leg, “Atleast, you finally got what you wanted"

Serene slightly jumped when he heard Wildebeest and feeling his forehoof around him “Yeah, I am and I do remember we met at the cafeteria a few months ago"

He did not like getting pushed but did not show it as he was moved towards some trees. Serene was filled with gratitude and delighted for his help, he felt he was facing Princess Celestia “Thank you so much for helping me!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle 

"... So...  That's it....you ain't giving me any leads!?. No added details no locations, names?.. why are you still alive?.. you sure you should be afraid of them?"

Light stood up from his chair and walked around and tried to observe the room. [ @Illiad Easledetails please]

But before Light could react. Apollo's claws was already at Light's neck.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1