Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle @Blitz Boom

Spiral would have wanted to reply to Apollo's rants, but him forcing the changeling guard in front of her caused her to lose focus on Apollo for a second. The guard suddenly combusting into flames caused Spiral to pull away from Apollo quickly at that moment, Maud had done the same, because she were relying on Apollo being stabbed with the Thestralium - so she could also get her own blows in at the same time. Spiral pulling away meant that Maud wasn't able to do what she had planned on doing so. Spiral didn't know that the changeling guard would suddenly burst into flames like that. No matter how quickly she wanted to pull away - she knew that it was unlikely that the guard would have survived that. 

Spiral realized that she didn't entirely know what Thestralium really even was or what it did - other than the fact that it was the antithesis to Apollo's Minostralium on his body. If they were going to defeat Apollo, Spiral was sure she wasn't going to lose her Thestralium here. Spiral took a moment to look back at the wall - and it seemed like the other Equestrians weren't going to make it through. Good. This battle here was quite honestly a mess, and adding more to it would mean the chances of victory were even slimmer. 

Upon seeing the Consul being thrown onto Red, Maud would have ran over in an attempt to help him. What Apollo said about him - running away when his only friend walked to his death? What was that about? Apollo knew more than she thought, but that wasn't going to change her alliance with the Consul. Spiral would move to over Maud as she ran towards the Consul, guarding her as she went along. The flashbang caused the two to stagger somewhat. The fight seemed to stop for a second, and in Maud's mind - an eerie silence reigned for what felt like an eternity. 

As both were moving into Red's direction they saw Plein and her mother doing something - whatever it was, it resulted in Red being burned up just like that changeling guard. Suffice to say - that phase of the battle was now over. Maud didn't feel much of anything while she saw Red burning - she chose the path she wanted and got what she deserved. She hoped that after this that the other Equestrians onboard would surrender like the ones in the stairwell had - as evidenced by there no longer being banging on the black crystal of the wall. 

While Spiral almost...enjoyed seeing Red burn up like that. Spiral was a lot darker in character than most were, after all. Red had mislead many Equestrians and a good number of them died for it. That was something that Spiral wasn't willing to forgive. Now that Red was dealt with and the Equestrians by this point had stood down, both Maud and Spiral would turn towards Apollo.

Spiral would speak first to Apollo. "I was like you once. I was a power hungry fool who only cared about power. In my past life, I would spend countless hours reading and researching ways to gain power over others. That was centuries ago. Before the Elements of Harmony. I was lucky enough to know life before Discord, before the Elements - before any of that. Life was peaceful, back then. I squandered it through my own senseless ambition. Instead of forming a family, friendships, or just simply enjoying life - I sacrificed it all. Even my own sanity." she paused for a moment, allowing the others to hear her words.

"It killed me in the end. It was only thanks to another's selfish greed did I come back to life. I took over her mind. I locked her away because I felt that I could manipulate and control her like I did others in my life, up to that point. In time, I realized that this thought process would only lead to destruction. I was given a second chance, a second body. I let her go. I'm not going to waste my life again on power. This is your final chance to surrender and let go of your Pride." Spiral said with determination. 

After Spiral spoke, Maud would speak to Apollo now. "I was willing to follow your orders. Until you gave me this." Maud said, and pulled out the card Apollo gave her. "You threatened me with death. You speak of Elements. I find it fitting that you are the Element of Pride. In the beginning, you were a good leader. Instead you have become selfish and only concerned about your selfish Pride rather than the good of all." she then would pause as she put the card away, looking over the rest of them.

"You are hereby removed from duty." Maud would speak, a clear scowl forming across her otherwise cold face. 

After that, Spiral and Maud would get ready to fight Apollo - but neither would strike first.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Props ValRoa

(Briar)

"Flappers and dirt ponies... I am assuming you mean pegasi, and earth ponies? I know not why your mother would hate those. lest she follows ancient ways, back when the three were still living separate lives.

Regardless, you are the incarnation of them all, Aurum. An alicorn, the embodiment, yet evolution of them all... If you do not remember this, perhaps whatever your mother did, changed you? Whatever the case, I am sorry you are to find it out this way. I thought you were aware."

Internal or not, there were still genuine sorrow in his voice, as he said this to her. He had thought she knew, but if not... What a thing to have to come to terms with. Such an unfortunate situation for any child. Especially in this age, when many wished desperately for an alicorn to follow once more.

"As for what I am... I were not made by earth ponies, or ponies of any kind. I am an Evergrown. Think of me more as a nature spirit, in the general shape of an equine. Why it is that we are in your kinds form, I cannot not tell though. A strange twist of fate, I would assume. We are.... Were, a reclusive kind, living for ourselves, and minding our own most of the time, simply living life, and giving praise to our deity, the Earth Mother. May she nourish the earth upon where we stand, and forever remain resting.

*Sigh* There used to be a fair amount of us, but then... The war came, and much were lost. I have not seen a living member of my kind for years, and our trees are all but smoldering husks. Without them, we cannot bear new children, or connect truly to our goddess. Yet I still live, and through great hardships, a seed from one of our sacred trees yet remain. There is hope for the future, and in that hope, I find resolve, and courage.

I yet pray that more of mine will be found though, and brought upon this wondrous vessel for safety. If they brought you here, I can imagine that where you were, had become quite dangerous too.

Beyond that... Do you wish to experience more, of what makes an Evergrown? If so, I can show you two traits of mine, unusual from ponies."

If she agreed, he would slowly slither his left vine out, the threads of his body tangling in, and gathering into the thick vine, with the four tough, leathery flaps at the end. Though those he kept close for now, giving it the closed, budding flower look it tended to have, complete with lathery petal around the base on his body.

He would slowly slither it over, to lay down in front of her, and inch closer, that she could tough it, or examine it in some way, if she wished to. She'd find it were firm, yet with anon-sticky liquid covering it scarcely, smelling like tree sap. Very much not flesh and bone either. Had she ever felt a vine, or a large flower stem before, she'd find the feeling familiar, but in general, it were hard to think this as mere flesh.

As for the other thing, it were his flower, where he would activate his more natural magic. Weaker than the arcane, yet more soothing and warm, compared to the generally more brutal and direct arcane strands, in his experience at least.

====================================================================================

(Everyone else)

On 2022-12-04 at 10:10 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Between Spiral's enhanced wall and Last's renewed resolve, the Equestrians in the stairway would eventually surrender, those who weren't beaten unconscious at least. Though the wall would prevent Last, Spark, and Stripe from joining the rest of the fight.

Last were looking a right mess. Still starring with her one, icy-blue eye defiantly, despite being spattered with a fair amount of blood, and oozing from some rifts of her own. Considering the amount of beatings she had taken this day, compounding on her other injury, she should not be standing up right now. Quite frankly, she felt like she could be keeling over any moment, but she kept herself up, via pure adrenaline, and willpower. She were refusing to fall down, before the job were done, and this feud ended. Least that were the goal. Frankly, the medical team should probably tie her to a chain to a bed when this were over, to allow her bend ribs, and bruised body a chance to heal. Or sedate her. Both being things she had been threatened with, if she did not take some of her injuries more seriously, and let them heal, before going into things again.

Looking around, to see if more were willing to fight, it did not seem so, yet she did not ease up. She remained what she had appeared during the fight. An icy cold, in control fighter, menacing in her own right, and showing an almost radiating aura of defiance, and unwillingness to back down. Last Stand indeed.

Had she the strength, she would be moving towards the main field, as best she could, but the wall would block her regardless. Once it were gone, she would force herself to move on, legs feeling like they were made of lead with every step. Unless it lasted for more than fifteen minutes. She would likely not be able to keep her adrenaline levels high enough, to keep herself awake further at that point. Will were something 

On 2022-12-04 at 10:10 PM, Illiad Easle said:

She extended a mechanical limb from her pack to pick it up, and used the others to lift herself above the crowd. She moved quickly into the smoke and decisively stabbed Red with it, causing her to burn alive as the blade drained her magic, then she helped the Consul back up as Apollo recovered from the flash.

Red's death caused those remaining to pause. Apollo was surrounded now, but still had enough power just by himself to put up quite a fight. Despite the efforts of those present, he looked unharmed. His eyes had an amber glow to them, so too did the Minostralium on his body.

"Who then will strike? Who will try? The Coward?" He looked at the Consul, "The Traitor?" He looked at Maud, "The Griever?" He looked at Silver, "The Exploiter?" He turned towards Spiral.

Apollo was daring them, anyone, to strike first.

Blitz saw what happened to the changeling. The stab, the fire... It felt oddly familiar...

A fleeting image came to her mind. Fire. Pulverizing flesh. A voice, screams, familiar hooves... It were intangible, and as quickly as it showed, it went out of her mind again, and she shook her head. She thought it just another odd trick of the mind. happened sometimes, with weird flashes of images and sounds... It were hard to explain, as she did not retain memory of it long. Hence why she thought it just fleeting tricks of the mind.

She had staggered a step back as this went on, and got to herself proper, when Apollo were starting to give his big villain speech.

On 2022-12-05 at 6:49 PM, Maud Pie said:

Spiral would speak first to Apollo. "I was like you once. I was a power hungry fool who only cared about power. In my past life, I would spend countless hours reading and researching ways to gain power over others. That was centuries ago. Before the Elements of Harmony. I was lucky enough to know life before Discord, before the Elements - before any of that. Life was peaceful, back then. I squandered it through my own senseless ambition. Instead of forming a family, friendships, or just simply enjoying life - I sacrificed it all. Even my own sanity." she paused for a moment, allowing the others to hear her words.

"It killed me in the end. It was only thanks to another's selfish greed did I come back to life. I took over her mind. I locked her away because I felt that I could manipulate and control her like I did others in my life, up to that point. In time, I realized that this thought process would only lead to destruction. I was given a second chance, a second body. I let her go. I'm not going to waste my life again on power. This is your final chance to surrender and let go of your Pride." Spiral said with determination. 

After Spiral spoke, Maud would speak to Apollo now. "I was willing to follow your orders. Until you gave me this." Maud said, and pulled out the card Apollo gave her. "You threatened me with death. You speak of Elements. I find it fitting that you are the Element of Pride. In the beginning, you were a good leader. Instead you have become selfish and only concerned about your selfish Pride rather than the good of all." she then would pause as she put the card away, looking over the rest of them.

"You are hereby removed from duty." Maud would speak, a clear scowl forming across her otherwise cold face. 

After that, Spiral and Maud would get ready to fight Apollo - but neither would strike first.

The first strike would come from elsewhere. A voice, raising above the silence, being the first to have the courage, or idiocy to make a move. Though before the voice, came the act of a strike, with a few shots of something being sent towards the prideful, dangerous leader of The Æther.

"Meanie!"

Blitz would be yelling out, and clearly showing that she did not support Apollo. She would however, also not want to bring her friends in danger, so she had sneaked to the side, a fair few meters away from them, before making her act. She would've done more, like shooting a few more rounds, but her personal, long suffering *guard* would show up just then, having partaken in the fighting earlier, and would yank her away, thinking Blitz were about to be skewered. The mare did not seem thrilled, nor all that well, but that came from being pummeled like this, from all over. She had been one of the fools being caught up in Red's shenanigans, and she'd have to answer to for that eventually. But first, she needed to get this idiot engineer, away from her own, potential demise.

Hopefully the real fighters would deal with this, before he'd go and likely end up killing Grump, to get to Blitz.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @Props ValRoa

(Briar)

On 2022-12-09 at 4:30 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Flappers and dirt ponies... I am assuming you mean pegasi, and earth ponies? I know not why your mother would hate those. lest she follows ancient ways, back when the three were still living separate lives.

She was confused at that, "We've been at war with them, and they with each other, for many years. Since before I was born. Even before the war, we all lived separate, each did their job, then the dirt ponies stopped growing food." It wasn't said with malice, it was pure recitation. That was what she had been taught to believe, but it was clear now that she was unsure if it was true.

Regardless, you are the incarnation of them all, Aurum. An alicorn, the embodiment, yet evolution of them all... If you do not remember this, perhaps whatever your mother did, changed you? Whatever the case, I am sorry you are to find it out this way. I thought you were aware."

She turned her head down and away, "Then I am... impure... Perhaps that is why she does not come for me." It was obvious that she did not see being an alicorn as a good thing.

She was happy though for the distraction that Briar provided by speaking about himself, 

Beyond that... Do you wish to experience more, of what makes an Evergrown? If so, I can show you two traits of mine, unusual from ponies."

She nodded at that, and waited for Briar to show her. She felt the offered vine with her hooves gently, almost hesitantly, "I... I can feel the magic inside it, flowing through you, with my hooves. Is that something Dirt ponies can do? I don't think I could feel it before, but I've also never touched a living plant before."

As for the other thing, it were his flower, where he would activate his more natural magic. Weaker than the arcane, yet more soothing and warm, compared to the generally more brutal and direct arcane strands, in his experience at least.

She noticed that more immediately, "It is like my magic, but different... more like when Kitty would do things."

(Everyone Else)

On 2022-12-05 at 10:49 AM, Maud Pie said:

"I was like you once. I was a power hungry fool who only cared about power. In my past life, I would spend countless hours reading and researching ways to gain power over others. That was centuries ago. Before the Elements of Harmony. I was lucky enough to know life before Discord, before the Elements - before any of that. Life was peaceful, back then. I squandered it through my own senseless ambition. Instead of forming a family, friendships, or just simply enjoying life - I sacrificed it all. Even my own sanity." she paused for a moment, allowing the others to hear her words.

"It killed me in the end. It was only thanks to another's selfish greed did I come back to life. I took over her mind. I locked her away because I felt that I could manipulate and control her like I did others in my life, up to that point. In time, I realized that this thought process would only lead to destruction. I was given a second chance, a second body. I let her go. I'm not going to waste my life again on power. This is your final chance to surrender and let go of your Pride."

"Ha." Apollo looked down on Spiral, "You were never like me. You lied, cheated, and stole your way into an early grave. Only brought back by a fool. I had to earn every scrap of knowledge I have. I never sought power, I was chosen to lead because I was the most qualified, and I still am. I swore to keep this Project moving at all costs, and if it means putting down rebels then so be it."

On 2022-12-05 at 10:49 AM, Maud Pie said:

"You threatened me with death. You speak of Elements. I find it fitting that you are the Element of Pride. In the beginning, you were a good leader. Instead you have become selfish and only concerned about your selfish Pride rather than the good of all."

"Fool." He turned towards Maud, "Those Trojans who you stand by, any of them would do the same. They understand the imperative of security here, they would gladly, and have, lay down their lives for what they believe in. You won't. Too much the coward to accept-"

"Meanie!"

Apollo was taken by surprise by Blitz's attack (You didn't define what 'a few shots of something' was so I'll assume it was more of the itching powder), the powder fell all over him though he resisted the urge to scratch, despite his feathers starting to ruffle as the skin beneath grew irritated. Despite this he smiled as he turned towards her being dragged away, "This foal has more courage than all of you. Yet knows nothing of the horrors her family perpetrated."

He would move quickly, powered by the minostralium to move faster than physically possible, to try and grab Maud and Spiral. Since Spiral was holding the Thestralium it would slow Apollo enough for him to miss grabbing her if she were quick enough, but Maud would have no such advantage.

He would hold her up by the neck for all to see, "Any last words coward?"

Silver was advancing on Apollo with her sword, but would not be there fast enough to stop Apollo.

Spiral would have to make the decisive strike, and make it count. If she simply stabbed Apollo, he could likely still kill Maud before he died.

• Brohoof 2

Spiral would narrow her eyes to Apollo upon that statement. "I don't deny what you speak of. You swore to keep this Project Running. We'll do so without you." she'd narrow her eyes as Maud was about to speak. They wouldn't have had the time to offer any further rebuttals to Apollo as he would charge towards the two of them.

His intense speed was rather shocking. Both of them attempted to dodge him as fast as they could possibly move - Spiral would manage to dodge Apollo. Maud wouldn't be as fortunate as Spiral would be. 

In Apollo's grasp, Maud's eyes were narrow. Inside of her eyes was pure hatred for the leader of the Project. Apollo had been a leader who ruled with power and ferocity - he had certainly had the skills to lead. In a way, she admired him - but she also hated who he became. Instead of leading with fairness - he became dangerously powerful and prideful. Threatening those who followed his orders with death should they not do what he wanted them to do. Maud had taken advantage of his prideful nature - that being a tell tale sign that he cared more about his pride rather than what was was the rightful course of action.

Now, Maud was in his grasp. To be honest, if she was going to die - she had been satisfied with her life. She got to experience life as a normal pony. Got to pursue her passions. Grow up to be the older sister to an important figure, such as an Element of Harmony. Surviving the largest Cataclysm in all of history. If it was going to end here, it was a pretty good run anyway.

"I wouldn't put too much faith in last words. If you are lucky - you'll get to have your own." Maud would say coldly, keeping her gaze locked onto Apollo's eyes.

Spiral would take the chance to take a step back, and charge at Apollo as fast as her legs could carry her. As Spiral lept in the air quickly - she would position her Thestralium shard between both hooves, putting all of her bodily force into her charge - targeting Apollo directly towards that of his claws holding Maud up. This was because Spiral wanted to weaken him where he was directly holding Maud.

• Brohoof 2

(Briar)

On 2022-12-12 at 7:30 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"We've been at war with them, and they with each other, for many years. Since before I was born. Even before the war, we all lived separate, each did their job, then the dirt ponies stopped growing food."

"Hmm... I know precious little of old equine history I must admit, but I seem to recall some stories of the three major ones being separated before Equestria were formed. Them moving past their differences, and gathering under the alicorn sisters, were the start of the nation, after Discord's original defeat. Though that is merely what I have been told. History can get somewhat warped, based on who tells it. I'm afraid we'd need to ask others what they know of this, based on the area you were rescued from. When things are calmer, of course. It is much to tumultuous right now."

She turned her head down and away, "Then I am... impure... Perhaps that is why she does not come for me." It was obvious that she did not see being an alicorn as a good thing.

She was happy though for the distraction that Briar provided by speaking about himself, 

As he were speaking, he could not yet respond to that, but he would feel sad for her. To feel impure... He knew the sentiment well, yet as he had, she needed to try and come to terms with what she were, and accept herself, for the being she were. Maybe something he could help her with, as time went on, if she would let him try at least.

She noticed that more immediately, "It is like my magic, but different... more like when Kitty would do things."

"Far as I can tell, earth ponies magic are passive. It nurtures their bodies, and helps the soil, so they grow stronger, more robust, with greater stamina. As well as making them better to tend the plants. An essential role in life, that many seem to embrace.

As for me, and other Evergrown, our magic resides in our heads. In a seed, that grows with us. Some more powerful than others. A Lotus Sage, from where I grew up, would be a great deal more magically powerful than I, yet I am more robust, in my physiology, and my vines. I am somewhat between an earth pony and a unicorn in that regards, I suppose. The arcane is vastly more raw and powerful of a force, yet ours helps us connect to nature, and care for it, as we believe the Earth Mother would want. Not as much as dryads though. They are more direct children of hers.

Your kitty... You say this magic resemble theirs? I know not many that are not connected to nature, that use natural magic. She must be a most peculiar one. From what I have heard at least, I would say she sounds wise and quite mysterious. Akin to a seer, in some ways. Were your kitty one who had predictions like that, and saw the varied ways of the future? I've found true seers to be rather rare, so it's fascinating to hear about those who sound like they might be."

He'd use his flower to blow a breeze past Aurum, akin to a waft of spring air. The smell would be close too. it were a small thing, that he couldn't do when there were actual wind, but here? He could focus enough, and do this at least, minute and unimpressive as it likely were. He were not the most magic of beings sadly.

====================================================================================

(Everyone else)

Apollo was taken by surprise by Blitz's attack (You didn't define what 'a few shots of something' was so I'll assume it was more of the itching powder), the powder fell all over him though he resisted the urge to scratch, despite his feathers starting to ruffle as the skin beneath grew irritated. Despite this he smiled as he turned towards her being dragged away, "This foal has more courage than all of you. Yet knows nothing of the horrors her family perpetrated."

(it was itching powder)

"Leggo! I have to stop the meanie!"

"Shut up and stay down. For once, just do as I ask you."

Grump did not let go of the young mare, and would actively toss her itching gun away from her, as Blitz would try to aim it again. Blitz would bicker, but she were still relatively listening to Grump. Enough to where she were struggling, and were trying to move back, but weren't harming her to get her away. Which meant the mare could hold Blitz back. She might not be at her best right now, but Blitz were not a physically heavy example of a pony, so it worked out.

Though as more words were spoken, she'd turn around, to look at things too, and then... She lost her focus, as one thing happened, which also made Blitz act.

17 hours ago, Maud Pie said:

Spiral would take the chance to take a step back, and charge at Apollo as fast as her legs could carry her. As Spiral lept in the air quickly - she would position her Thestralium shard between both hooves, putting all of her bodily force into her charge - targeting Apollo between his armor plates on his back as carefully as she could. Spiral had one shot at this - and so she took it with all the force she had in her body.

There were very little Blitz could do from here, but she'd still aim and shoot her gun one more time, using her magic, to try and shoot right at Apollo's head. A solid... 73.6% chance she'd hit. It where hard when pressed for time, and like this, but the equations matched in her head at least. And she were trying to help Maud! Maybe if he got some in his eyes, he'd lose his grip on her. She couldn't just watch, and not do something to help Pinkie's sister.

• Brohoof 2

(Briar)

On 2022-12-13 at 3:20 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Hmm... I know precious little of old equine history I must admit, but I seem to recall some stories of the three major ones being separated before Equestria were formed. Them moving past their differences, and gathering under the alicorn sisters, were the start of the nation, after Discord's original defeat. Though that is merely what I have been told. History can get somewhat warped, based on who tells it. I'm afraid we'd need to ask others what they know of this, based on the area you were rescued from. When things are calmer, of course. It is much to tumultuous right now."

Aurum was concerned by Briar's depiction of her life being historical, potentially ancient history, "W-what do you mean by history? My friends... My care-givers... I remember them, it can't have been more than a few days, a month at most."

It was clear that she was starting to doubt even her own recollection of events. She sighed, dejectedly, "I suppose there's nothing more to it than to wait for those who know what happened. Maybe they can explain what happened."

Were your kitty one who had predictions like that, and saw the varied ways of the future?

She thought for a moment, "She told me she was a Kitsune, but I don't know much about what that means. I didn't ask. I don't remember ever meeting any others like her though. She told me I could always trust nature, which is why I trust you."

(Everyone Else)

On 2022-12-12 at 10:09 PM, Maud Pie said:

Maud would say coldly, keeping her gaze locked onto Apollo's eyes.

"Such arrogance." Maud would feel the talons start to close on her neck, cutting off her air, her vision starting to fade...

On 2022-12-12 at 10:09 PM, Maud Pie said:

targeting Apollo directly towards that of his claws holding Maud up.

but she'd still aim and shoot her gun one more time, using her magic, to try and shoot right at Apollo's head.

Once Spiral got close enough to Apollo, about a hoof's width from striking, the Thestralium was yanked from her grasp, closing the final distance as if magnetized, Apollo's coated talons being pulled the opposite way to close the distance. There was a blinding light when the two metals collided, and an outpouring of intense heat.

Maud felt it on her neck as she was thrown to the floor, her fall stopped by Spiral who was between her and the floor, sending them both back a length. Maud would have some burn scars in the shape of Apollo's talons on her neck, but would otherwise emerge unharmed once she recovered.

Blitz's final shot didn't impact Apollo directly, but the powder it released in the air combusted in the heat, causing Apollo to be partially engulfed in flames.

He was silent despite his frantic attempts to get the glowing Minostralium off of his talons, it seemed to be melting, burning the flesh beneath, but only succeeded in getting his other Minostralium coated talon affected as well, the two fusing together. Then the reaction stopped, the shard dropped to the floor, a lump of pure silver, and what remained on Apollo's talons was a molten mess of pure gold.

He was sluggish now, appearing to have aged a few decades. His eyes which had previously been glowing now had lines of gold in them, as he moved small golden spikes, like needles, poked out where the skin flexed. The burned portion of his flesh showed more of what had happened, his blood now contained small chunks of gold. He was obviously in a great deal of pain, and for the first time in this fight his face was not angry, but disappointed. He forced out, "... Doomed from the start ..." before coughing up a hunk of gold and collapsing dead on the floor.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Maud had fully expected Apollo's talons to sink into her neck and end her life. Her eyes remained open. Unwavering. Cold. If she was going to die, she would be sure to stare in the face of death. Fortunately for her, death never came.

Spiral, meanwhile had let the Thestralium go from her hooves as Maud would feel the sudden flames on her neck. The two of them were blinded by what had happened and were sent back. They both would wordlessly get up, enough in time to observe the results of what was happening with Apollo. Both of them didn't do anything as they watched Apollo's death silently. It was a rather gruesome affair - watching his talons transform into a molten mass of Gold. Then they would watch further as his body grew more and more disfigured thanks to the gold poking out of his body where his body moved.

Spiral's expression was more of a grimacing one. In all her years - what she was seeing before her eyes was the most disturbing. Maud however, was more stoic. Her eyes cold, watching the life fade from Apollo's eyes. Maud would take a step forward and looked over everyone. Maud winced somewhat, indicating she was in pain from the burn marks on her neck - they'd remain there for a lifetime.

"Take care of the dead. Respectfully. Before you ask - that includes Apollo as well." she would say to the Equestrians who had fought on her side and then turned to the rest. "As for the rest of you, we've got a peace to establish. Enough have died today. Now, we must assume control of the Project and end any remaining fighting onboard." she spoke, clearly. 

It wasn't a mere statement. It was an order. 

• Brohoof 2

(Briar)

7 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Aurum was concerned by Briar's depiction of her life being historical, potentially ancient history, "W-what do you mean by history? My friends... My care-givers... I remember them, it can't have been more than a few days, a month at most."

It was clear that she was starting to doubt even her own recollection of events. She sighed, dejectedly, "I suppose there's nothing more to it than to wait for those who know what happened. Maybe they can explain what happened."

"This is but the story of Equestria. As I know not where you are from Aurum, it may be very different where you are from. I've been in several places through my life, and have found that some are yet very traditional, following ways that others have since decided to move past. And with ponies as abundant of a species on the planet as they are, there are many varied societies of them. I do not think you need to be worried, before we know more details. As you said, it may simply have been a month, or a few days, but then in a more traditional, separatist society."

7 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

She thought for a moment, "She told me she was a Kitsune, but I don't know much about what that means. I didn't ask. I don't remember ever meeting any others like her though. She told me I could always trust nature, which is why I trust you."

"Kitsune? I have... Maybe met one of them. I am still not certain.

As I know them from stories, they are large, fox-like creatures, brimming with magic. Neighponese creatures, often called tricksters, in parts due to their immense magic potential, and tendency for playful illusions. If those things are all true, then I may have met one.

It were what, 5 years ago now, I think? I passed through a small town, where a magician were setting up a show. There were many tricks there, and it sounded like those in attendance were impressed, but I sensed something off about it. The movements I sensed, didn't fit with what the wind blowing past seemed to agree with, and though I heard mention this were an earth pony, I smelled otherwise. Though it were very feint, and it may well have just been a changeling. But then... I did get the sense that I were being examined by the one on stage, and the night that followed, were filled with contradictory senses, as things seemed to go erratic around town. I also heard that several wallets had gone missing by then, and thought this the time for me to take my leave swiftly. Some are more willing to blame what they see as abnormal for things going badly, than one of their own.

I can still not tell for sure what happened though. My senses told me, that there were more than what met the eyes of others, yet what exactly, I am still not sure. If it were a changeling, it were not a regular one at least.

But I digress. What I mean to say is, that I have heard of kitsune, but those stories paint them as trickery and playful. Mischievous beings really. That is all from the perspective of outside sources though. I prefer to learn from them directly, or those who have interacted with them, such as you have. I find that tells a truer story, than dusty tomes, written by those with a potential bias. And what you tell me, is of a kind, wise creature. Hopefully one day, I may get to meet her."

================================================================================

(Everyone else)

Grump had seen the light, as had Blitz. It had blinded the latter some, but Grump had seen enough to know that she had to put some muscle in now, Because she could not let Blitz see this.

She had seen the young mare watch someone almost die once before. One of the saved, not as healthy as they had thought, and Blitz had been on one of her small trips by then. And by that, she meant the filly had run off to explore´, and she had been frantically searching for her.

Point were, than when she had found Blitz, she had seen the convulsing equine cough up blood, and slowly die, unaware of his surroundings. Blitz too seemed unaware, but in a worse way. Her gaze had glazed over, and a horrified expression seemed to haunt her face. As if she were recalling something horrid.

it had been easy to take the filly away from there on out, but the next three days had been... Disturbing, frankly. Blitz had not spoken, and just gone through motions, slowly, sometimes shaking when she picked up a screwdriver. it had been pretty clear that something had been haunting her, but then, on the fourth day, she looked as if she had flipped a switch, and gone back to her old self. No indication anything had been wrong, or that something had gone on in her head. When Grump had asked what had been with her, it seemed like she had no idea what she were talking about, and had thought she had been sleeping for a few days, after getting overworked. She had neglected to push beyond that, and had advised the other techies to do the same. Whatever had come to the surface, it were ugly, and there was a reason why her mind seemed to wholeheartedly refuse to confront it.

Were it the healthy approach? No. But she were just a filly then, and even now, barely more than that. Grump did not want to give her early trauma, by having her force to confront her bad memories. Especially since the tech department seemed to need her, and she'd not be that useful, if she had to spend a few years, if not more, in intensive therapy. That day would come, but it shouldn't be now.

As for the pony she had seen on the floor? Had thankfully survived, but it had been a close call, from what she heard. This were different. What little she had seen, she knew Apollo were done for, before he even laid down proper And she were not risking another incident here. So she had taken the blinded Blitz, and used all her strength to force her away from here, so she couldn't see this. And when Blitz asked what she were doing, she said this were for her own safety. When then said Blitz wanted to help Silver, Grump said that this were Silver's order. A lie, but who cared right now? She'd deal with that later. And it seemed to work, as she got more agreeable after that.

If the blockage were gone, Last would in turn, be moving towards the main field, and might catch what Maud said. If not, she'd have to wait until someone came over, and updated those around where she were now.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

The alicorn filly fell asleep during Briar's talk about Kitsune, and in doing so stopped her shield spell. She would remain asleep unless jostled roughly, so Briar would be able to pick her up and carry her gently if he felt it prudent.

Once the fighting was done with Apollo, Stripe and Spark would head back in the direction that they had left Briar and Aurum, eventually meeting up with them in order to clear the way for safe transport to wherever Briar thought was safe until it could be decided what was to become of her. The incident with Red had shown that the Equestrians were not ready at this time to be exposed to an alicorn. (I'll let you decide where they keep her.)

After Apollo's gristly death, those who supported him quickly folded, and the remaining Equestrians loyal to Red were similarly subdued. Many of them brought to understand that they had been deceived, those who refused were locked up, and would be removed from the Project at the next stop. Moving on the Bridge was uneventful, the Bridge crew far more concerned putting out fires and extracting the unfortunate pilots from the tangled web of wires and cables at the front of the project. It was unclear what exactly had happened here, but it likely had been the cause as to why the Project was cycling for so long. 3 of the 7 pilots were dead, and until the harnesses were repaired the Æther would not be able to cycle, and would only be able to maneuver minimally.

The Chief Navigator, an elderly doe named Dowsing Rod, accepted the change in leadership without argument. As the rest of the Bridge crew were loyal to her, they fell in line as well.

After a week, the dead were all gathered and processed, those who elected a traditional burial were stored away until suitable land could be found. The wounded were cared for and many were set to make full recoveries.

Consul Play Wright took control of the Æther Project, and decreed that the bi-yearly (Every other year) elections previously observed in Troy would officially be resumed to determine the head of the Æther Project. He also organized a Council, similar to the High Council of Troy, such that the different areas and cultures of the Project could elect representatives. Maud was chosen as one of Equestria's three representatives.

• Brohoof 2

Maud would have agreed with Play Wright's style of leadership and was satisfied with the idea of a council. Truth be told, she did not have much of an opposition to the Trojan Culture or their way of life - as she had made clear to Play Wright at one point. What Maud had been up to for that week mostly involved leading clean up and repairs. She had the idea that those who had been deceived would be put to work to fix the damage to the ship if they were capable of doing so. 

She was in support of removing the more rebellious Equestrians from the Project, those who had refused to accept that they were wrong - in her eye, they were nothing more than traitors who remained that way even after being proven that they were deceived. After they had fixed up the damage from the fighting, Maud would seek to establish cordial relations with other cultures aboard the Project to affirm good relations and a positive working aspect going forward.

Spiral, meanwhile would have also attended the repairs. She'd use her magic to remove the wall she made during the fighting, and would volunteer for fixing up the project. If anyone asked her about it, she'd say that she was doing it as a way to atone for her own mistakes in the past. 

With there being pilots needed to fly the project, Merlot would volunteer and would recommend that Crank would also do as well. Perhaps they could get lucky enough to get into that piloting position. Due to shifts, she would still be available to do her previous roles - being a pilot for smaller crafts, and being a guard when it was needed of her.

Trixie wouldn't have done anything all that remarkable. She would also attend the repairs of the ship and offer her time for the benefit of the Project. She wanted to do more, but wasn't entirely sure what she wanted to do.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 2022-12-27 at 9:29 PM, Illiad Easle said:

The alicorn filly fell asleep during Briar's talk about Kitsune, and in doing so stopped her shield spell. She would remain asleep unless jostled roughly, so Briar would be able to pick her up and carry her gently if he felt it prudent.

Once the fighting was done with Apollo, Stripe and Spark would head back in the direction that they had left Briar and Aurum, eventually meeting up with them in order to clear the way for safe transport to wherever Briar thought was safe until it could be decided what was to become of her. The incident with Red had shown that the Equestrians were not ready at this time to be exposed to an alicorn. (I'll let you decide where they keep her.)

They would find that Briar had not moved away from the spot they had found, and at the time of discovery, he would be humming a lullaby for the sleeping filly.

He rose a vine, ready to attack as he heard others approach, but when he had been assured that things were calming down now, and that none were there with potentially nefarious purpose in mind, he'd rise up, and use his right vine to fold underneath Aurum, so that he could carry her calmly, as to not rustle her in her sleep. The left vine were still within his body, yet would be ready for use, in case he noticed a potential threat, that he had to handle. Quietly he hoped. Aurum had a long, eventful day, and her being allowed to get some sleep now, would be good for her. As well as others, as her being gone for some time, would allow for them all to figure out what to do.

If he had a say in it, he would ask that they lead them to a secluded room, where there were no other potential residents nearby, or at least where it would be hard for others to spot them for a time. He believed it best if they were not disturbed, whilst things eased down, and they could begin to explain to her where she were, what had happened before, and what might happen later. It were best to do so away from distractions, in his opinion. Never knew who might suddenly act up, and cause her to be scared.

He'd also ask that they please got to his room, let Brittle know that he were safe, and to show her to his new location. She would be terrified, but would follow. She'd leave the seed behind though, hidden away in the spot in the room they had for it, in it's locked box. Something he had asked for, to ensure it would stay safe. It were best she did not bring it too, regardless. She did not know what might happen if it were tampered with, but Briar had meet those who did, and thus, he knew too, and it wouldn't be good for the project. It would have to be substantial power behind tampering with it, in the way that would cause a backlash, but an accidental surge of alicorn magic could well do that, he'd assume. Others might just destroy it, which would be horrendous as well, as for all he knew, this might well be the last of its kind. And if that died, so too did any hope of his kind surviving. In case there weren't others that had been protected, that were.

After a week, the dead were all gathered and processed, those who elected a traditional burial were stored away until suitable land could be found. The wounded were cared for and many were set to make full recoveries.

Of the wounded, Last had been counted among them. As the forces had come back down, she had forced herself to go up, to see if what they said were true. Every step felt heavier than the last, but she made it there, and she saw what were left of Apollo. Seeing that, and how things had halted, she finally collapsed, and lost consciousness. Her previous wounds prior to them going down, the ones she had then sustained down there, and now up here... It all added up, and even if she were a stubborn fighter, the equine body had limits. The doctors agreed on that when she were dragged in, and they had a chance to better eye her damages. Several bruised and broken bones, various impact damages, fractures, and so on. She'd be fine with some time and rest, but as they knew her by now, they ended up chaining her to a bed. An odd request they had to put in for the hoofcuffs and chains, but they did not trust that she would listen. Though some of the guards, or the general at least, might be inclined to agree anyway, as she had questioned authority.

If it were brought up, after she woke up, she'd speak through the pain, and acknowledge that she might have been hasty, and caught up in a fool's errand. Though she'd first ask if the alicorn were safe. She could ease up after that. Sort of. The pain were notable, and she'd probably be either given effective pain killers, or sedatives.

If she were not approached as she laid there, she'd go and talk it out with the general herself when she'd be let out. Would probably take several days though.

She'd end up getting a visitor though. Blitz would have escaped Grump for a short spell - who had gotten even more overly zealous in keeping track of her, in the immediate aftermath - and went there to see if anyone she knew were hurt. She'd recognize the mare, and though Last found her obnoxiously chipper, it were nice enough to have a visitor. She'd keep her violent stories for herself, but Blitz did sort out she were a warrior, and would excitedly say that she had a fun idea for her, for when she got better. The filly would then dedicate a fair bit of free time to adjust the weapon on her leg, to more fit one of Last's proportions. SHe did not act physically enough, to take full advantage of this, but her? She might, and would be excellent in sorting out if this had some potential, with extensive use. Could help others, if they had access to something akin to this.

Beyond that, Blitz would mostly help with repairs and such, more than likely. A lot of things messed up after the whole affair, so there were probably plenty to do. Back to the sleepless nights with her. Felt like being home again, down in Equestria.

Consul Play Wright took control of the Æther Project, and decreed that the bi-yearly (Every other year) elections previously observed in Troy would officially be resumed to determine the head of the Æther Project. He also organized a Council, similar to the High Council of Troy, such that the different areas and cultures of the Project could elect representatives. Maud was chosen as one of Equestria's three representatives.

There were no objections, nor any real support, from Brittle, Briar, Last, or Blitz. They all assumed in their own way, that this were a needed change, or simply did not care, as they had other things to think about. Weren't like any of them had ideals about ascending to a position of power as it were. Last were the closest, and the sort of squad she wanted to lead, would be made out of more hardened fighters, and would likely be some years away from seeing any sort of result. Seeing how Equestrians were still loyalists though, made her think that if she could find some with potential, she could have her order restored. Though this time, not dedicated to a living alicorn, but rather the memory, and ideals, of the departed princess of the night. They - as well as her - could do with some discipline, to not fall under the spell of just any alicorn being there.

Future plans though. Finding some with potential were one thing. Training them another, and convincing the general that it were a good idea, were something else entirely. Might be he'd never approve, and she simply did her thing, with an eye on then reforming things proper, with those who were promising, and had the spark to do what were needed, after they would one day land down there. Though the general might also see some merit, in having those with Last's ideals and loyalty, be a thing worth investing some time into. Provided they'd be loyal to the chain of command. There couldn't be a rogue faction on the project, but there might be some usability in this looking at the longer term. If for nothing else, then to train some who'd be up for a more grueling exercise regime, as she were the sort who believed in not going easy during training.

Regardless, there were much that could happen, and might not. Last would at least accept the chain of command again, and not attempt to challenge the authority of it, for the foreseeable future.

As for her and Spiral... If she did not seek out Last, then Last would eventually seek out her, when she were free from the medical wing, and would attempt to get to know her better. She were not used to trying to make friends, and it would show, but she'd try. If it worked, and she'd have some sort of friend going forward, were anyone's guess.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

(Let's start with Aurum then, and move from there)

@Blitz Boom

Aurum would still be asleep when Brittle were brought in, and waking up some time later to see her, being a type of creature she had never seen before, scared her, but just as before she didn't attack, she simply enclosed herself in a shield and backed away asking Briar telepathically: "What is that?" Looking around she'd see that they had moved, "Where are we now?"

It would take a moment to calm her, at which point she would ask, "Is there food here? I... I think it's been a long time since I last ate."

@Props ValRoa @Blitz Boom

Maud, Spiral, and Last, would be summoned by Consul Write to discus the matter surrounding Aurum. Once they were all in his office he would start, "So, we have a young alicorn on the Project, and we're already aware as to the effect that the last alicorn apparent had on the general population." He was of course referring to Red and those who had followed her. "I want this dealt with quietly, if possible, for now she is being kept in a secluded area with the evergrown, who the agricultural sector wants back asap." He sighed, "What I want are options, what can we do about the alicorn, and what should we do about it. Spiral and Last have interacted with her personally, and Maud represents the Equestrian interest."

• Brohoof 2

Maud and Spiral would arrive into Consul Write's office. The two of them hadn't seen each other in about a week and would exchange formalities before sitting down in the office. Maud had of course been busy dealing with the Equestrians and helping them deal with the aftermath of the events, while Spiral had been busy helping with the cleanup and damage assessment of the Project. After a week, the hallways and other structures inside the Project had repairs underway. Spiral had been very busy with these affairs, and found this to be a good opportunity for her. 

"I am the one who rescued the young alicorn, so I would like to take her somewhere secluded on the ship and get to know her. She knows of me, I am not sure how much she would trust me - but I am sure that with time, she will trust me. Perhaps I can...raise her." Spiral spoke, stretching out a bit.

Maud would look to Spiral. "It's best that she is completely kept out of public sight as much as possible. The Equestrians can't find out about her - especially not so soon." Maud spoke in a matter of fact tone. "What we can do, is come up with ways to calm the populace and how such information may be revealed in the future, when the inevitable happens. We must have backup plans incase the alicorn filly gets loose." she stated. 

Spiral would look to Last. "You and I can watch over her. You can guard her and keep her safe from anyone who would threaten her. How does that sound?" she spoke, but would of course let Play Write comment before she said anything further. 

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

"Shhh, it's okay Aurum, you're safe. We just went to a more secure place, after you fell asleep.

And this is my ward, ans close friend. Her name is Brittle Buzz, and she is a changeling. Think of her, as a shapeshifting equine.

You have nothing to fear from her. She is not aggressive, and is quite honestly, more afraid of you, than you could ever be of her."

In fact, he had to calm her down too. First stroking her with his vine, then when he were done mentqlly responding, go on to physically speak to her, to try and calm her down.

Thankfully he had warned her of these bubbles, so she were not as surprised, as she could have been. It might have been harder to explain, if she had turned into a tarantula made of springs, or something of the sort.

She were still spoked though, and hid behind him, not saying a word, and only whimper a little. Alicorns were scary.

"She missed me as I were away, and thus, wanted to come to where we had gone. A place at The Æther, where there is calm, and none will come, that have no business being around you.

Also, the troubles have ended. This is just an extra precaution, as I did not want you to be disturbed further.

But I digress. You ask for food. I asked them to bring some as we got here. Weren't long ago, that it arrived. It is over here."

He'd direct his right vine, to a covered tray, where he'd then take the lid off. There were a crumbled up package, smelling faintly of fish, that he would remove. Empty, as he had eaten prior to this. Brittle too, had fed off of him, and thus, did not need sustenance right now either, so all were for Aurum to try.

All rather standard equine stuff. Hay, potatoes, water, etc. Some sweets too, if it had been possible, but he weren't sure if they had any to use from. He hoped so, as it might be good for her, to have a treat.

===========================================================

Last had been quiet since she arrived, and just been observing the others, and listening in, without much in the way of any notable reaction to any of it. She had greeted Spiral as she had met her again, and that were about it, before they had entered here, and even that, had been but a nod of the head, as she were keeping her mind on things here.

The time spend since she had been chained in the infirmary, had helped on things somewhat. She'd been released last night, with a small portion of pain killers to take the worst of the remaining aches and pains she were in, but she were healthy enough to be released, in the doctors opinion. As were she two days before that, but she'd been sedated, and chained down again, as she had started to take off her bandages, which she were definitely not ready for. They had deemed her a risk, and thus, kept her down, until she got through her thick skull, that she were to follow the doctors orders.

So she were currently still wearing some bandages, and from her breathing you could well hear, that her bend and bruised bones, were still paining her. It were manageable though, which were one of the two reasons, why she weren't currently using any of the pain killers. The other being, that she believed them to dull her senses, and thus would only take a little, when she were trying to get some sleep. It would last longer than it should this way, but whatever. She'd probably get a gut wound later or something, that'd help her with this.

She'd also be wearing that odd weapon, that the overly cheery filly had given to her. It were a bit odd to walk with at first, but she couldn't argue against the results. A surprise it were that little one that did this, but she supposed, some were natural tinkerers, and this egghead had found something, that fit her well. She were always physical, so it charged easily. Especially when she were training, or fighting, and the recoil were hardly an issue. Took her a half dozen tries to get used to, but she had figured out how to tense her muscles up proper, and it gave her a solid option for a ranged attack, that the filly claimed she might be able to make better one day, once she sorted out some schematics. Above her head, but it were practical, and had definitely made a small smile spread on her face. Big mistake, as that had made the filly all huggy and stuff... *sigh* The things one had to put up with sometimes...

And it wasn't all a walk on roses. The thing wasn't exactly subtle, and the filly had decided to decorate it with drawings of butterflies and small, cartoon explosions here and there, among other things, so it looked a bit off on her.

Annoyed her a bit honestly, that she were kinda missing the energetic weirdo. Been a few days since she last saw her... Sounded like she were kept busy with something. She guessed a lot of the tech stuff were mangled up, after the revolt, so it made sense enough.

Anyway, for the here and now, she were called upon to answer, so she would be honest with them.

"I agree. She can't be seen by the general Equestrian, for her own safety, as well as ours. A lot got caught up in worship, and we saw how that went. That goes for myself too.

I'm not going there again, unless there's a threat to her safety, and I'd be happy to stay guard, as best I am able, but there's things to keep in mind. One being if she even wants me there, since the last time she were conscious, anyone not unicorn, or that plant, were pushed away. Might mean she ain't able, or willing, to speak with others than those right now.

Other one being, I'm heavily biased here. I've lived my life, to fight and die for the honor of one alicorn. I can't get myself to suggest harm to one, unless there is literally no other options. And as I see it, we're far off from that point.

The plant seems able to ease her mind for now. I say we keep him with her, until we find at least one other, who can do the same. Ideally Spiral. Maybe it'll go better, now that things are more calm. Soon as we have a few that can rotate in, we can talk about letting him go back to the gardens. I think it's a hazard to leave her without some degree of comfort, and familiarity right now. Maybe even more than protection, cause she did well enough in keeping others away from her, during the attack.

We got anymore of those plants on the ship? Or some blind unicorns? Might be a connection point we can use there.

As for my personal opinion? She's not a danger to us, unless we make her one. Everything I've seen her do during the revolt, were done in self defense. So I say we keep her isolated, and focus on easing her into things, with more creatures. Then start getting her educated. Learn the language, get caught up on the current events that she needs to be aware of, and then reconvene sometimes in the future. And if anyone starts snooping around the area she's in, detain them for questioning, to figure out their motives. There shouldn't be anyone knowing she's there, but we're best of taking precautions.

In case she gets loose... We can't stop her, if she wants to move around. She's stronger than we are. Best we can do, is hide what she is, if she does get out there. So find someone that's good at illusion spells, and try putting a shimmer on her? I dunno how it works, but it's an option, I'm assuming? Cause otherwise, we'd have to think of some sort of garment that'd hide it, and the wings are gonna be hard to hide."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

On 2023-01-18 at 2:36 PM, Spiral Spell said:

Perhaps I can...raise her." Spiral spoke, stretching out a bit.

Consul Write shook his head, "Out of the question, especially considering your history, who's to say you wouldn't manipulate her like you did Trixie? Besides, there are dozens of other orphans who have been here a lot longer, it wouldn't be fair to give Aurum special treatment in that department."

On 2023-01-18 at 2:36 PM, Spiral Spell said:

"What we can do, is come up with ways to calm the populace and how such information may be revealed in the future, when the inevitable happens. We must have backup plans incase the alicorn filly gets loose."

He nodded at that, "Yes, that's an important consideration. Given how powerful she is it would likely be impossible to contain her should she decide to leave."

On 2023-01-19 at 4:58 AM, Blitz Boom said:

I'm not going there again, unless there's a threat to her safety, and I'd be happy to stay guard, as best I am able, but there's things to keep in mind. One being if she even wants me there, since the last time she were conscious, anyone not unicorn, or that plant, were pushed away. Might mean she ain't able, or willing, to speak with others than those right now.

He nodded at that as well, "That's true, and something we'll need to resolve sooner rather than later, but I don't foresee much issue there if we can convince her that those here are not her enemies or to be feared."

We got anymore of those plants on the ship? Or some blind unicorns? Might be a connection point we can use there.

He shook his head, "Not to my knowledge, and U was led to believe that they were rare to begin with. We do have a number of blind unicorns, but that does remind me of another option: We have a good number of changelings who owe no loyalty to alicorns, thus would not be so affected to see her. They could appear to be unicorns to start out, and help her transition to not minding the other races with their magics hopefully allowing her to see the creature under the race. The records aren't great from as far back as she appears to be, but I don't think changelings were known back before the unification."

In case she gets loose... We can't stop her, if she wants to move around. She's stronger than we are. Best we can do, is hide what she is, if she does get out there. So find someone that's good at illusion spells, and try putting a shimmer on her? I dunno how it works, but it's an option, I'm assuming? Cause otherwise, we'd have to think of some sort of garment that'd hide it, and the wings are gonna be hard to hide."

He looked thoughtful about that too, "She doesn't seem used to them, so it sounds like she was not born with them, meaning she would lack much of the instincts that move them. They could be bound and hidden under a cloak, but given her magic she could just as easily hide them with a spell if she were taught it. We could even tell her it is a protection spell such that she doesn't feel the need to sit in a bubble as much?"

He sighed as he wrote a number of things down, "So it seems we're in agreement to hide her wings, and keep her secluded until she can be comfortable in public spaces. It would likely be best to get language taught before introducing her to the rest of the Project, then she can learn the rest in school with the others introduced as someone picked up in a previous cycle." He looked at Spiral, "I'm not opposed to you teaching her, and I'd appreciate if you took the lead given what you know of her history, but you should have some changelings to assist you. I also don't want you to become a mother figure to her. If it comes to that we have other options."

@Blitz Boom

And this is my ward, ans close friend. Her name is Brittle Buzz, and she is a changeling. Think of her, as a shapeshifting equine.

You have nothing to fear from her. She is not aggressive, and is quite honestly, more afraid of you, than you could ever be of her."

"A shapeshifter?"

She seemed more curious then scared at that point, shrinking the bubble so that she could get closer, and dispelling it entirely when she noticed that Brittle would distance herself. "Kitty could change her shape too, but this one doesn't feel like she did."

He'd direct his right vine, to a covered tray, where he'd then take the lid off. There were a crumbled up package, smelling faintly of fish, that he would remove. Empty, as he had eaten prior to this. Brittle too, had fed off of him, and thus, did not need sustenance right now either, so all were for Aurum to try.

All rather standard equine stuff. Hay, potatoes, water, etc. Some sweets too, if it had been possible, but he weren't sure if they had any to use from. He hoped so, as it might be good for her, to have a treat.

Aurum would approach cautiously, inspecting the food carefully before eating. She started with the potatoes and water. "These taste... better than I remember. Mother always said that the dirt ponies were keeping the best for themselves."

She similarly enjoyed the hay and other healthy options, and finally turned her attention to the sweet options. "These smell... very sweet. Mother told me I shouldn't eat sweet things... but.... you wouldn't bring me something that wasn't safe, right?"

• Brohoof 2

Spiral would greet Last briefly as she entered but didn't do much more than that. They had more pressing matters at this point in time, although Spiral wanted to get to know Last more at some point in the future.

Consul Write shook his head, "Out of the question, especially considering your history, who's to say you wouldn't manipulate her like you did Trixie? Besides, there are dozens of other orphans who have been here a lot longer, it wouldn't be fair to give Aurum special treatment in that department."

Spiral would wince slightly at this explanation, although it was understandable. "If you don't trust me you can have others with me to watch over me and her. Plus, she's an alicorn filly, she's not a regular pony so she does deserve some kind of special treatment in terms of how we handle her. We do not want to...make her up to be a Princess for the Equestrians, do we?" Spiral asked.

Maud would look to Spiral. "No. We don't. We cannot risk the presence of Alicorns around the Equestrians, it would be best that the Equestrians do not lay eyes on Alicorns again, knowing how they reacted." Maud would say in a matter of fact tone. 

He nodded at that, "Yes, that's an important consideration. Given how powerful she is it would likely be impossible to contain her should she decide to leave."

"Do you have any ideas how we would be able to prevent her from leaving? We should be sure that she doesn't feel like she is a prisoner, she must be kept calm and collected - but that doesn't mean that she won't try to escape though." Spiral stated, seemingly unsure of how they would be able to contain her. 

He shook his head, "Not to my knowledge, and U was led to believe that they were rare to begin with. We do have a number of blind unicorns, but that does remind me of another option: We have a good number of changelings who owe no loyalty to alicorns, thus would not be so affected to see her. They could appear to be unicorns to start out, and help her transition to not minding the other races with their magics hopefully allowing her to see the creature under the race. The records aren't great from as far back as she appears to be, but I don't think changelings were known back before the unification."

Spiral and Maud would agree with this suggestion, as the alicorn filly would need to learn to be around other races eventually. "This sounds like a reasonable plan, although we'll need to make sure that she won't get uncomfortable once she knows of the presence of Changelings. But, we'll have to make sure whoever we use for this is trust worthy, and able to keep a secret." Maud would state calmly. 

He sighed as he wrote a number of things down, "So it seems we're in agreement to hide her wings, and keep her secluded until she can be comfortable in public spaces. It would likely be best to get language taught before introducing her to the rest of the Project, then she can learn the rest in school with the others introduced as someone picked up in a previous cycle." He looked at Spiral, "I'm not opposed to you teaching her, and I'd appreciate if you took the lead given what you know of her history, but you should have some changelings to assist you. I also don't want you to become a mother figure to her. If it comes to that we have other options."

Spiral looked to Consul Write. In truth, she wanted to raise the filly because she was the one who found her. Upon seeing that filly, she realized that she wanted to care for her and raise her to be better than what she was in the past. That innocent filly was another reason she gave up her previous lust for power. "I understand that you don't trust me, and you can have whoever you want assist me, but, I was the one who found her - so I would like to do my best to keep her safe and teach her what she needs to know. I want to care for her." 

Maud would look to Spiral. "Your previous history of manipulation is not something I would personally trust you with, but given that you were the one who put Apollo down and aided us, that is more case for me to trust you. Not without supervision, though." Maud would say to Spiral, in agreement with Consul Write. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

On 2023-01-20 at 7:00 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"A shapeshifter?"

She seemed more curious then scared at that point, shrinking the bubble so that she could get closer, and dispelling it entirely when she noticed that Brittle would distance herself. "Kitty could change her shape too, but this one doesn't feel like she did."

"I know little of kitsune, but changelings and them, do seem to share an affinity, for making things seem different than they are.

Brittle sadly, are not too fortunate in this matter. She is unable to control her transformations, and are thus subject to random ones, when her emotions spike. So if you feel something changing with her, which seems unusual, know that is what the reason is.

And please, excuse her for not trying to communicate currently. Her past is troubled, with many showing her nothing but the cruelty that beings are capable of. It leaves her terrified of most. In time, she will warm up to your presence, I'm sure."

He'd rather not go into too much details, when talking to a filly. It were not a pleasant story, in any sense of the way. Yet he had given the most prudent details, and then hopefully, she'd understand, and just be patient, until Brittle were ready to try and reach out. Though it might also help in general, when Aurum could speak ponish, rather than communicate exclusively by telepathy. One step at a time though, yes?

Aurum would approach cautiously, inspecting the food carefully before eating. She started with the potatoes and water. "These taste... better than I remember. Mother always said that the dirt ponies were keeping the best for themselves."

She similarly enjoyed the hay and other healthy options, and finally turned her attention to the sweet options. "These smell... very sweet. Mother told me I shouldn't eat sweet things... but.... you wouldn't bring me something that wasn't safe, right?"

"In fairness to the earth ponies, if they were the ones doing all the work, in cultivating, and growing, then harvesting the food, why should they then not get to pick what food they were to eat, and what to send to you? It is the fruit of their labor after all, and long as they are still sending you things that are high in nutrition, and still tasty, I would think they would still be doing things proper.

One must always remember, that in the end, we are all creatures who wish to have our hard work pay off in some way. Monetary value is one, but if one makes produce, that is shared, then one must accept that as they can see what is best, they would then like to have that in their part. Long as they are still sending good, edible food, they are not attempting harm.

Besides, I find seasoning can do wonders. Helped me at times, when all I could find, were ghastly tasting."

He'd calmly just sit there, with Brittle behind her, poking out her head a little bit more, over time, to get a better look at Aurum. She hadn't been near an alicorn before, and they seemed scary powerful, but... Were this one dangerous? probably. But Briar wouldn't let her do something to her... Right?

Her inner debate kept on, as Aurum eventually reached the sweets, at which point Briar would respond once more.

"They are not dangerous normally, but your mother may have known something, that we do not. Perhaps you are a diabetic, and thus, sweets are harmful? She may also just have been worried about the health of your teeth.

I wouldn't allow something to come here, which I knew were dangerous to you, Aurum. Yet perhaps, there are medical reasons, as to why your mother were hesitant with allowing you this... Mayhap it is best we wait, until you have seen a doctor at some point, that can find out? I'd be greatly saddened, if you were to come to harm, because I accidentally had something brought, which were detrimental for you to eat.

Though that begs the question... Did your mother have you tested, at some point, at a doctor? A doctor would have told her, and possibly you, if you had diabetes, or allergies. Did she ever mention this, or is it more that your mother were just adamant, that you should not eat sweets?"

There were many reasons why one shouldn't enjoy a treat now and again, and not knowing her medical history, Briar were hesitant to say, what the case might be with Aurum. He'd prefer not to take risks if it came down to it though, and request that maybe, a doctor could eventually have a look at her, and do some non-invasive tests. Nothing which would harm her. She'd been through enough as it were.

===============================================================================

On 2023-01-20 at 8:02 PM, Spiral Spell said:

Spiral would wince slightly at this explanation, although it was understandable. "If you don't trust me you can have others with me to watch over me and her. Plus, she's an alicorn filly, she's not a regular pony so she does deserve some kind of special treatment in terms of how we handle her. We do not want to...make her up to be a Princess for the Equestrians, do we?" Spiral asked.

Maud would look to Spiral. "No. We don't. We cannot risk the presence of Alicorns around the Equestrians, it would be best that the Equestrians do not lay eyes on Alicorns again, knowing how they reacted." Maud would say in a matter of fact tone. 

"I agree with Spiral. There's other orphans, but other orphans can't blow a hole straight through the hull of The Æther. Aurum is special, and we need to take that into consideration, on many levels.

And if you don't trust her, have her overseen. I'll volunteer. Might be I'm biased, but I'm also wanting her to be safe. Much as I respect Spiral, if I saw her trying to get Aurum down a dark path, I wouldn't hesitate to reel her in. Forcefully if I had to.

But I'll follow orders on what to do here. Long as that isn't to eject her from The Æther, without rhyme or reason."

She were biased, and had proven to be somewhat irrational, when it came to keeping her safe, but at the same time, it's like she said. She were willing to cut down Spiral, if it came to the extreme, even if she did respect the mare. Hopefully just putting a hoof down would do something, and in the end, she'd have to defer to the chain of command on this matter. She acknowledged that, even if Write did seem like a scrawny paper pusher to her. Typical leader material she supposed. Leave the fighting to the troops, and handle the bigger plans, that were beyond her scope of interest.

"And Aurums not meant to be a princess yet. I had my moment of weakness there, but it's objectively not good to even suggest. She's just a filly. Her majesty wouldn't have wanted, that a kid were pushed to a throne like this."

Spiral and Maud would agree with this suggestion, as the alicorn filly would need to learn to be around other races eventually. "This sounds like a reasonable plan, although we'll need to make sure that she won't get uncomfortable once she knows of the presence of Changelings. But, we'll have to make sure whoever we use for this is trust worthy, and able to keep a secret." Maud would state calmly. 

"Way I se it, everything we do to get close to her, need to be through the plant. He seems to have connected well with her.

Saw him wander around with a little changeling once. Oddly colored, looked like she thought I'd whip her. That one he hangs out with sometimes? Might be one you can try and use to ease her into it."

Been a brief look, but she remembered that one, as she had passed. Sure she were used to intimidating others on sight, but this one looked at her like an abused dog, waiting for its next beating. She were a hard pony, and even she had felt a small tinge of pity for the little one there, before she went on to her own assignments, and those two went off to... Wherever it were they hung out. He were in the fields, and she were probably with the hive.

Annoying there weren't more of him on the ship though. Made her wonder how he could seem so calm then, when she had met him proper. He might well be the last piece between his kind, and extinction, and he weren't gonna stay alive forever. What did he have to smile at? She'd seen others that were far more depressed, by a fair bit less.

"Do you have any ideas how we would be able to prevent her from leaving? We should be sure that she doesn't feel like she is a prisoner, she must be kept calm and collected - but that doesn't mean that she won't try to escape though." Spiral stated, seemingly unsure of how they would be able to contain her. 

"Kids get curious. Just how they are. The sooner she can get to look around, without being identified, the better.

You can try talking to that Blitz one, from the egg heads. She keeps escaping. She might know a thing or two, on how to prevent it too. Wouldn't ask the lab though. They apparently don't know how to do it to her."

Nice kid that one, despite ho annoying she could be at times. Might be one they could get some info out of, on how best to cover things. Couldn't just be her turning off that tracker of hers at times, right? Had to be crevices, blind spots and the sort, that she were using too. Might be something to learn from that.

"And if we're using changelings, aren't they also some of those trickery sorts? Illusions and such? Maybe we could set things up around where she's held up, and use it to disorient, and make her wander in circles?"

"And the plant? If she feels comfy around him, she might see him as a father figure. If that's the thing, what's the judgement on him? Cause I know I got into a rage, when my mom were dragged off, and I'm just an earth pony.

For what it's worth, I'd advise that they're kept in contact still. Don't make it look like you're trying to replace, or separate them for good. The less mental strain we can put on Aurum, the less trouble we'll probably have."

"I understand that you don't trust me, and you can have whoever you want assist me, but, I was the one who found her - so I would like to do my best to keep her safe and teach her what she needs to know. I want to care for her." 

Maud would look to Spiral. "Your previous history of manipulation is not something I would personally trust you with, but given that you were the one who put Apollo down and aided us, that is more case for me to trust you. Not without supervision, though." Maud would say to Spiral, in agreement with Consul Write. 

"I've volunteered, and I've had to cut down friends who turned before, in case there weren't any other options. I'll be willing to do what has to be done, to keep her safe. Also, I can cut through magic, if it starts being an issue. One of the last acts, by the late Private Light."

She had started to refer to him that way after they returned, as a sign of respect for Light. He were an annoying, pompous loudmouth, with more bravado than sense, but he had fought and died with honor. An act that had probably saved them, and Aurum alike. His memory deserved to be shown some respect, the same way she would any member of her squad, if they fell. And she had considered him part of hers, at the end. A shame he appeared to have died, but least his sacrifice wasn't in vain.

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-01-20 at 12:02 PM, Spiral Spell said:

On 2023-01-22 at 3:45 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I agree with Spiral. There's other orphans, but other orphans can't blow a hole straight through the hull of The Æther. Aurum is special, and we need to take that into consideration, on many levels.

And if you don't trust her, have her overseen. I'll volunteer. Might be I'm biased, but I'm also wanting her to be safe. Much as I respect Spiral, if I saw her trying to get Aurum down a dark path, I wouldn't hesitate to reel her in. Forcefully if I had to.

But I'll follow orders on what to do here. Long as that isn't to eject her from The Æther, without rhyme or reason."

Consul Write sighed, "The only reason we're discussing this is because of the danger she poses. That is the extent of the 'Special treatment' she is entitled to. Her being an alicorn is only relevant in regards to her power level and how the Equestrians would react."

And Aurums not meant to be a princess yet. I had my moment of weakness there, but it's objectively not good to even suggest. She's just a filly. Her majesty wouldn't have wanted, that a kid were pushed to a throne like this."

He looked them all over, "Contrary to the prevalent Equestrian belief, Trojans do not believe that one's race dictates their ability or right to lead. Aurum is not meant to be a princess at all. Whatever she is meant for will be for her to decide, as any pony would. Due to her heritage, she may expect to be referred to as a princess, but I would ask that you not do so unless asked to."

"Kids get curious. Just how they are. The sooner she can get to look around, without being identified, the better.

You can try talking to that Blitz one, from the egg heads. She keeps escaping. She might know a thing or two, on how to prevent it too. Wouldn't ask the lab though. They apparently don't know how to do it to her."

Nice kid that one, despite ho annoying she could be at times. Might be one they could get some info out of, on how best to cover things. Couldn't just be her turning off that tracker of hers at times, right? Had to be crevices, blind spots and the sort, that she were using too. Might be something to learn from that.

"And if we're using changelings, aren't they also some of those trickery sorts? Illusions and such? Maybe we could set things up around where she's held up, and use it to disorient, and make her wander in circles?"

The Consul nodded, "Best solution is to make her wandering a non-issue by disguising what she is. If we can reliably keep her wings hidden then no one would suspect her of being anything more than a blind unicorn filly with exceptional magical prowess. Maybe a sort of amulet that contains the spell to hide her wings? Spiral, is that something that would be feasible, magically?"

"And the plant? If she feels comfy around him, she might see him as a father figure. If that's the thing, what's the judgement on him? Cause I know I got into a rage, when my mom were dragged off, and I'm just an earth pony.

For what it's worth, I'd advise that they're kept in contact still. Don't make it look like you're trying to replace, or separate them for good. The less mental strain we can put on Aurum, the less trouble we'll probably have."

He nodded again, "We're not planning to fully separate them of course, just free him up to resume work with the Agriculture sector, which was hit the hardest in terms of having Equestrians who either died or were removed from the Project. Which is another reason why I am opposed to Spiral taking up a parental role, as if any on this Project has a claim to it, it would be him, and up to him who should share it or have it if he doesn't want it."

"Of course, whoever is sent will be chosen by Queen Permu personally for that exact reason."

Spiral looked to Consul Write. In truth, she wanted to raise the filly because she was the one who found her. Upon seeing that filly, she realized that she wanted to care for her and raise her to be better than what she was in the past. That innocent filly was another reason she gave up her previous lust for power. "I understand that you don't trust me, and you can have whoever you want assist me, but, I was the one who found her - so I would like to do my best to keep her safe and teach her what she needs to know. I want to care for her." 

"I've volunteered, and I've had to cut down friends who turned before, in case there weren't any other options. I'll be willing to do what has to be done, to keep her safe. Also, I can cut through magic, if it starts being an issue. One of the last acts, by the late Private Light."

She had started to refer to him that way after they returned, as a sign of respect for Light. He were an annoying, pompous loudmouth, with more bravado than sense, but he had fought and died with honor. An act that had probably saved them, and Aurum alike. His memory deserved to be shown some respect, the same way she would any member of her squad, if they fell. And she had considered him part of hers, at the end. A shame he appeared to have died, but least his sacrifice wasn't in vain.

The Consul sighed, but nodded, "Alright, I'll let Spiral lead with Last supervising. Last will need to be present whenever Spiral is interacting with Aurum, and everything falls under what Briar agrees to."

He signed off on a document and passed it over to them, which detailed what they had agreed to in regards to Aurum's care. "Spiral and Last, go ahead and bring this to Briar, see what he thinks, and work out with him how we'll go forward. I expect regular reports and to be informed if anything goes wrong."

@Blitz Boom

And please, excuse her for not trying to communicate currently. Her past is troubled, with many showing her nothing but the cruelty that beings are capable of. It leaves her terrified of most. In time, she will warm up to your presence, I'm sure."

Aurum nodded at that, and didn't press the issue.

"In fairness to the earth ponies, if they were the ones doing all the work, in cultivating, and growing, then harvesting the food, why should they then not get to pick what food they were to eat, and what to send to you? It is the fruit of their labor after all, and long as they are still sending you things that are high in nutrition, and still tasty, I would think they would still be doing things proper.

One must always remember, that in the end, we are all creatures who wish to have our hard work pay off in some way. Monetary value is one, but if one makes produce, that is shared, then one must accept that as they can see what is best, they would then like to have that in their part. Long as they are still sending good, edible food, they are not attempting harm.

She didn't seem to sure about that, "Mother taught me that we deserved the best because of all we did for them. No one would be able to survive without us to regulate the stars , the moon, and the sun, so the lesser races were subject to us, owed us everything." There wasn't much conviction in her statement, as though while she had been taught that, she didn't necessarily believe it. She simply had never had reason to question it.

They are not dangerous normally, but your mother may have known something, that we do not. Perhaps you are a diabetic, and thus, sweets are harmful? She may also just have been worried about the health of your teeth.

She looked confused at the term 'diabetic' and Briar would feel what he could only assume was a telepathic prod as she tried to learn the meaning of the word from his own understanding. Once that was done she shook her head, "That doesn't sound right. At least, I've never heard the term before. Still, maybe it would be better to see a doctor first, as you recommend. Do they have one here? One... that you trust?"

• Brohoof 1

Consul Write sighed, "The only reason we're discussing this is because of the danger she poses. That is the extent of the 'Special treatment' she is entitled to. Her being an alicorn is only relevant in regards to her power level and how the Equestrians would react."

He looked them all over, "Contrary to the prevalent Equestrian belief, Trojans do not believe that one's race dictates their ability or right to lead. Aurum is not meant to be a princess at all. Whatever she is meant for will be for her to decide, as any pony would. Due to her heritage, she may expect to be referred to as a princess, but I would ask that you not do so unless asked to."

Both Spiral and Maud would agree with this statement here. "Yes, that is a problem the Equestrians will have to get past. I may be an Equestrian - but this obsession with Alicorns has to stop. It nearly cost the lives of those aboard the Project, and who knows, what would happen - if they found out that she was an alicorn? They'd be all over her, when she doesn't understand the implications of what she is..." Spiral would state and look to Maud.

Maud would nod. "We must make sure it doesn't." Maud would speak in an ominous tone, looking back to Spiral, then the others. "The Equestrians must be kept away from all Alicorns in the future or we will possibly risk another event like we just did." she would add, in a neutral manner.

The Consul nodded, "Best solution is to make her wandering a non-issue by disguising what she is. If we can reliably keep her wings hidden then no one would suspect her of being anything more than a blind unicorn filly with exceptional magical prowess. Maybe a sort of amulet that contains the spell to hide her wings? Spiral, is that something that would be feasible, magically?"

Spiral would nod. "That is most definitely possible. I myself do not know how to craft such a thing, but I do know that amulets can be used to give the wearer various abilities - so this is definitely something someone can do. I can provide the spell for it, using my shadow magic to conceal her wings, possibly, but the rest I will need someone else to do. She'd have to be taught to keep said amulet on in public." Spiral would say in reply.

He nodded again, "We're not planning to fully separate them of course, just free him up to resume work with the Agriculture sector, which was hit the hardest in terms of having Equestrians who either died or were removed from the Project. Which is another reason why I am opposed to Spiral taking up a parental role, as if any on this Project has a claim to it, it would be him, and up to him who should share it or have it if he doesn't want it."

"That is a reasonable thing to say. I will have to meet with him directly on this. I am not sure if he knows that I am the one who originally found her." Spiral would speak to him. However, she had a question, "How many Equestrians were removed from the Project? And how much does the combined loss of the Equestrians compare to those who are currently aboard?" she would ask curiously.

"Of course, whoever is sent will be chosen by Queen Permu personally for that exact reason."

The Consul sighed, but nodded, "Alright, I'll let Spiral lead with Last supervising. Last will need to be present whenever Spiral is interacting with Aurum, and everything falls under what Briar agrees to."

He signed off on a document and passed it over to them, which detailed what they had agreed to in regards to Aurum's care. "Spiral and Last, go ahead and bring this to Briar, see what he thinks, and work out with him how we'll go forward. I expect regular reports and to be informed if anything goes wrong."

Spiral would appreciate Last's comments about Light. Light was indeed someone who gave the ultimate sacrifice so they could succeed in their mission. For a bit or so, she would go silent as she would play through the memories she had with Light. He was an odd sort, but, a good sort. Better than her, anyway. 

Spiral and Maud would read over the document, and they both would sign it. "I am ready for what I have to do." Spiral stated, while Maud would remain with Consul, awaiting whatever his instructions were for her. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

On 2023-01-23 at 9:01 PM, Illiad Easle said:

She didn't seem to sure about that, "Mother taught me that we deserved the best because of all we did for them. No one would be able to survive without us to regulate the stars , the moon, and the sun, so the lesser races were subject to us, owed us everything." There wasn't much conviction in her statement, as though while she had been taught that, she didn't necessarily believe it. She simply had never had reason to question it.

"All respect to your mother, but I must disagree with her stance on that.

While true that magic raises the stars, the moon, and the sun to the heavens, that is but one part, of the great cycle for ponies, as I have understood it.

One is to raise the sun, which ensures that crops can grow, and light are there to guide all, instead of mere darkness.

Yet without crops growing, which earth ponies does best, there would be none to raise those, as they would have starved to death.

At the same time, the pegasi harness the skies, and keeps the weather from growing dangerous. Something which saves crops, and many lives. Yet like the unicorns, they rely on food.

All rely on food. All rely on the sun. And all rely on the weather. Thus, all does their part, to ensure that the others can live. It may well be different where you came from Aurum, but I have wandered equine lands for many years, and I have seen all live among one another. Pegasi, unicorn, and earth pony alike, and where they work together, they prosper. I'd dread finding out what happened, if some did not, and tried to haul superiority over one another.

Imagine threatening that the sun might never rise, or go down? Or that all would starve? Or that horrible storms, would be left the ravage the lands? It'd be... A tragic affair.

I understand your mother have said much, and perhaps in some things, she were right. Yet she were not perfect. In truth, none of us are, yet that does not make us all bad. Your mother among them. Her opinion are to me wrong, but perhaps she were simply not aware, or thought of the grander picture? I find that many issues can come, from being uninformed, and stuck in your own convictions, regardless of what you are presented to the contrary.

Ah, but my apologies, Aurum. I seem to have gone on at length again. A bad habit I'm afraid."

He thus far, had not gotten a good picture of Aurum's mother, and it didn't sound as if she were feeling a steadfast in her believes, as her mother had. Yet at the same time, he would not outright insult her mother. It didn't seem right. Especially as she knew little of her. Aurum's mother way have been... Manty things, but perhaps, she could have been swayed with enough time, expose, and education, and found a better path? Or had lived in conditions, making things different, to what he considered ideal? He did not know, and thus, that were more reasons for him to not drag her through the mud, but simply offer counter arguments, and say when he disagreed with her.

She looked confused at the term 'diabetic' and Briar would feel what he could only assume was a telepathic prod as she tried to learn the meaning of the word from his own understanding. Once that was done she shook her head, "That doesn't sound right. At least, I've never heard the term before. Still, maybe it would be better to see a doctor first, as you recommend. Do they have one here? One... that you trust?"

Briar understood the condition in question well, so she'd be able to find what information she'd need. He would not even try to resist. Let her rummage, and find that meaning. Long as she did not delve into his memories things would be well. There were certain things in there, that he did not wish for her to know. Things such as his time in slavery, the reason for his exile, or what he had done to Brittle captors, when they had tried barring her from escaping the circus. He had not killed them, but he did not wish to appear threatening to Aurum.

"A doctor, in whom I trust? As a matter of fact, I do. He examined me as I first came here to The Æther, and he continues to see me weekly, for my harvesting sessions. Worry not how it sounds. It is merely... Drawing blood from me, but merely another term I use for it, as I do not have blood, but rather essence, which is useful elsewhere. I offer it willingly, in moderate amounts, and he does not overstep his bounds, nor attempt to cause me pain. He is rather considerate, in my opinion, and I trust that he would show out the outmost care too. I could try and ask if perhaps, we could arrange a time with him, once we have company which I could have send the word?"

Consul Write sighed, "The only reason we're discussing this is because of the danger she poses. That is the extent of the 'Special treatment' she is entitled to. Her being an alicorn is only relevant in regards to her power level and how the Equestrians would react."

Last wouldn't respond to this, but merely nod. She had given her view on this, and it seemed the two of them, had more to say of it, which were not her immediate concern. Though what came next, were, and she had a few words to chose for that.

He looked them all over, "Contrary to the prevalent Equestrian belief, Trojans do not believe that one's race dictates their ability or right to lead. Aurum is not meant to be a princess at all. Whatever she is meant for will be for her to decide, as any pony would. Due to her heritage, she may expect to be referred to as a princess, but I would ask that you not do so unless asked to."

On 2023-01-24 at 6:47 AM, Spiral Spell said:

Both Spiral and Maud would agree with this statement here. "Yes, that is a problem the Equestrians will have to get past. I may be an Equestrian - but this obsession with Alicorns has to stop. It nearly cost the lives of those aboard the Project, and who knows, what would happen - if they found out that she was an alicorn? They'd be all over her, when she doesn't understand the implications of what she is..." Spiral would state and look to Maud.

Maud would nod. "We must make sure it doesn't." Maud would speak in an ominous tone, looking back to Spiral, then the others. "The Equestrians must be kept away from all Alicorns in the future or we will possibly risk another event like we just did." she would add, in a neutral manner.

"I'm biased on this, but Equestrians are used to being governed in one way. As I'm told, that's one thing that got between Troy and them, right? It would be best to change things some, but if you try and force them to accept how Troy wants it, wouldn't they just return to being hostile to the Trojans again?

I'm biased in this, and want the Equestrians to decide for themselves, how they want to be governed. Be it with a single figurehead, or some sort of government. I'm still an Equestrian, born and raised, and I won't be told how to live like that, if I live long enough to come back down there.

But I'm not an idiot either. Ideally, they'd chose another way. Alicorns were, and should continue to be important figures, but they need to see them more healthy. Out there? Fanaticism, and desperation, made for an ugly combination. I'm not without fault there too, but I fully admit what I am, and can adapt. I doubt they could right now. The desperation for any whiff of an alicorn, drives them blind..

I wouldn't call Aurum princess, unless she decided she wanted that. And if she in time does that, I will stand by her, and help her, best I can, as her majesty would have wanted of me. But she's a filly first, and need to grow, and make her own choices. So I agree with you, on most things.

And no, I am not going to try and push her towards it. I know what they call me, but the will of her majesty, does not include forcing another on the throne. And I won't trample on my heritage, by failing her memory like that."

She weren't deaf. She heard the terms. *The crazy mare* *The fanatic* *Lunatic alicorn worshipper*. She heard these several times, and plenty more, but she did not care. She had a thousand years of tradition and expectations on her shoulders. It were all she had ever known. All she ever had... She couldn't just let go of that. It would feel like she were committing sacrilege, to both Princess Luna, and her family.

But despite her weakness earlier, it did not mean, that she had to pour all of her hope and expectations, into Aurum. She understood that better, after seeing where it had taken the others. So she would instead try and just help the filly, best she could, and then in the future... Depended on what happened. Perhaps she'd end up supporting Aurum, and remake her order under the alicorns command. Or perhaps, she'd end up making it again, but on her own, and making it more freelance. A force to keep things safe, and honest. They'd probably be outlaws then... But it were not as if they hadn't been seen that way by many in the past as it were, before Princess Luna had them guard the mysterious object, in the vale.

"Makes sense to me. And yeah, if he's a hard worker down there, we'll need him back soon as we can. We can't have the food storages start to run empty.

I have a short, and threatening history with him so far. I'll let Spiral talk it out with him."

She probably wouldn't threaten to break his leg again, but... That wasn't a guarantee, and he might still be miffed from last time, so best to let Spiral have a go, and her just stand far off, stoic, and keep guard. Sides, she weren't sure how to talk to foals. She'd grown up in a militaristic fashion. She found it translated poorly, into talking to others, that had grown up in more normal lives. Which Aurum hadn't either, but y'know, the filly still hadn't grown up in a military faction.

"That is a reasonable thing to say. I will have to meet with him directly on this. I am not sure if he knows that I am the one who originally found her." Spiral would speak to him. However, she had a question, "How many Equestrians were removed from the Project? And how much does the combined loss of the Equestrians compare to those who are currently aboard?" she would ask curiously.

Last again, would not answer on this, though she'd perk her ears, as the answer were something she'd want to hear. The first part were just something she agreed on, but how many had been tossed out, due to being on-compliant? That were a question she'd like to hear the answer to as well, as whomever had gone out there, were essentially dead. The odds of survival outside of The Æther, would be slim. She understood why they had been tossed out, before they caused issue, and honestly, she respected the consul, for being able to make that decision. Couldn't have been an easy one, but it sounded like it were the right one, for the safety of the project.

Spiral would appreciate Last's comments about Light. Light was indeed someone who gave the ultimate sacrifice so they could succeed in their mission. For a bit or so, she would go silent as she would play through the memories she had with Light. He was an odd sort, but, a good sort. Better than her, anyway. 

Spiral and Maud would read over the document, and they both would sign it. "I am ready for what I have to do." Spiral stated, while Maud would remain with Consul, awaiting whatever his instructions were for her. 

If last had to sign something to, she'd do that too, which would give an example of her poor writing. She could spell and read and all that basic stuff, but her penmanship were atrocious.

"Seems to be like everything's in order. I'll make sure we bring frequent reports."

Hopefully written by Spiral, because this were just... Dreadful, to put it mildly. A long report like this, were gonna give someone a headache.

(assuming they leave right after this, headed towards Aurum)

After wandering a few minutes, Last would speak up, though her gaze would remain fixated on the path ahead.

"I know I messed up, back when we first got her back... If I slip again, can I trust that you'll knock some sense into me?"

She'd do it the other way in a heartbeat, but it would be nice to know, that it went both ways, to make sure they both kept an eye out for one another, in this process. Either of them might end up slipping, so it would be good, to act as a counterbalance to one another, instead of it just being Last that looked. She might be more aware of her actions, surrounding Aurum now, but she couldn't rule out, that her vision might get clouded on this, in the future.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-01-23 at 10:47 PM, Spiral Spell said:

On 2023-01-25 at 5:15 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"I'm biased on this, but Equestrians are used to being governed in one way. As I'm told, that's one thing that got between Troy and them, right? It would be best to change things some, but if you try and force them to accept how Troy wants it, wouldn't they just return to being hostile to the Trojans again?

I'm biased in this, and want the Equestrians to decide for themselves, how they want to be governed. Be it with a single figurehead, or some sort of government. I'm still an Equestrian, born and raised, and I won't be told how to live like that, if I live long enough to come back down there.

But I'm not an idiot either. Ideally, they'd chose another way. Alicorns were, and should continue to be important figures, but they need to see them more healthy. Out there? Fanaticism, and desperation, made for an ugly combination. I'm not without fault there too, but I fully admit what I am, and can adapt. I doubt they could right now. The desperation for any whiff of an alicorn, drives them blind..

I wouldn't call Aurum princess, unless she decided she wanted that. And if she in time does that, I will stand by her, and help her, best I can, as her majesty would have wanted of me. But she's a filly first, and need to grow, and make her own choices. So I agree with you, on most things.

And no, I am not going to try and push her towards it. I know what they call me, but the will of her majesty, does not include forcing another on the throne. And I won't trample on my heritage, by failing her memory like that."

The Consul nodded towards Maud and Spiral, but listened as Last brought up her concerns. "The Equestrians, as you'll remember, had no issue living under Apollo's rule until the most recent event. Unfortunately we don't have the time or resources to brainstorm a new system of governance nor can we allow the period of anarchy that will develop if we try to transition. We've got enough problems as it is getting everyone on board with this council arrangement. This Project can't survive another coup, so while we do everything in our power to get things back to normal I'm going to need you Maud to keep the Equestrians in line however you see fit. They chose you after all, if you think it is best that they be kept from Alicorns I won't fight you on that."

Spiral would nod. "That is most definitely possible. I myself do not know how to craft such a thing, but I do know that amulets can be used to give the wearer various abilities - so this is definitely something someone can do. I can provide the spell for it, using my shadow magic to conceal her wings, possibly, but the rest I will need someone else to do. She'd have to be taught to keep said amulet on in public." Spiral would say in reply.

The Consul nodded, "I'll have one commissioned and sent to you so you can enchant it. Hopefully convincing her to wear it will be less difficult than it has been for Plein."

"How many Equestrians were removed from the Project? And how much does the combined loss of the Equestrians compare to those who are currently aboard?

He sighed as he looked over the documents, "Of the 5 million creatures aboard, about 3 million are Trojan, 1 million Equestrian, and 1 million others. Luckily this issue was resolved very quickly, only 10 thousand fell under Red's influence, and the vast majority surrendered afterwards. In all, 5 thousand died between the three fighting forces, and an additional thousand were deported after refusing to surrender. Proportionally not all that many were lost, but thousands more were injured which has led to the labor shortages we have now."

(I forgot how big the Project was. All things considered this revolution was over remarkably fast for a group of this size.)

Maud would be instructed to return to the other Equestrian councilors and continue her efforts to stabilize the remaining Equestrian population in terms of political stability.

Spiral and last, in proceeding towards where Aurum was being kept, would find two guards stationed there, the same two who had helped protect Aurum from those following Red.

@Blitz Boom

Aurum listened intently to what Briar had to say about her mother's viewpoints, and remained silent for a bit after he finished before responding, "I guess I never thought about it that way, or really at all. Kitty said some similar things, that we were all important and useful in our own ways regardless of race." She sighed "I never had the chance to meet anyone who wasn't a unicorn before now, and I was always taught to fear them because they might try to hurt me to hurt Mother... like they did to Platinum..." She was saddened by that thought, but wouldn't elaborate unless Briar asked about it.

On 2023-01-25 at 5:15 PM, Blitz Boom said:

He is rather considerate, in my opinion, and I trust that he would show out the outmost care too. I could try and ask if perhaps, we could arrange a time with him, once we have company which I could have send the word?"

She nodded at that, "That would be good. There are two ponies outside, you could ask one of them maybe? They've been standing around so I assume they're guards." She didn't seem uncomfortable about that fact, though it might be surprising that she could tell they were there.

Aurum would turn her head towards the wall that had the door as though looking through it, "Two more are coming, they've been stopped by the guards."

Spiral and Last would be stopped by the guards, who recognized them from before, "Glad to see you two made it out the other side. All due respect though, we've orders not to let anyone disturb them without the Consul's approval."

If they showed the document they had from the Consul they would allow them to enter the room.

Aurum would move away from the door such that Briar was between her and the newcomers, but wouldn't put a bubble up just yet as she waited for them to make the first move. The periodic flashes of light indicated that she was still using magic in order to see them.

• Brohoof 2

The Consul nodded towards Maud and Spiral, but listened as Last brought up her concerns. "The Equestrians, as you'll remember, had no issue living under Apollo's rule until the most recent event. Unfortunately we don't have the time or resources to brainstorm a new system of governance nor can we allow the period of anarchy that will develop if we try to transition. We've got enough problems as it is getting everyone on board with this council arrangement. This Project can't survive another coup, so while we do everything in our power to get things back to normal I'm going to need you Maud to keep the Equestrians in line however you see fit. They chose you after all, if you think it is best that they be kept from Alicorns I won't fight you on that."

Maud would nod in agreement with the Consul. "So it will be, then. At least until Aurum is adapted to her circumstances - as are we." Maud would say, not having much else to say at the moment about this. She'd watch silently as Spiral and Last would leave. 

The Consul nodded, "I'll have one commissioned and sent to you so you can enchant it. Hopefully convincing her to wear it will be less difficult than it has been for Plein."

"Excellent." Spiral would say, pleased with this. Spiral was thankful the Consul was so easy to talk with. 

He sighed as he looked over the documents, "Of the 5 million creatures aboard, about 3 million are Trojan, 1 million Equestrian, and 1 million others. Luckily this issue was resolved very quickly, only 10 thousand fell under Red's influence, and the vast majority surrendered afterwards. In all, 5 thousand died between the three fighting forces, and an additional thousand were deported after refusing to surrender. Proportionally not all that many were lost, but thousands more were injured which has led to the labor shortages we have now."

(I forgot how big the Project was. All things considered this revolution was over remarkably fast for a group of this size.)

Maud would be instructed to return to the other Equestrian councilors and continue her efforts to stabilize the remaining Equestrian population in terms of political stability.

Spiral and last, in proceeding towards where Aurum was being kept, would find two guards stationed there, the same two who had helped protect Aurum from those following Red.

"That is a lot more than I thought. We are lucky that we managed to succeed in restoring order. I have no doubt we'll be able to go back to normal in due time." Spiral would say in a respectful fashion as she would leave, following Last to where Aurum was being kept at the moment. She was a bit excited to see her again. Spiral was very shocked by the amount onboard the project itself.

Maud meanwhile, would return to the others and continue the tasks she was doing at the time there. She was pleased with the meeting she had with the Consul. 

Aurum would turn her head towards the wall that had the door as though looking through it, "Two more are coming, they've been stopped by the guards."

Spiral and Last would be stopped by the guards, who recognized them from before, "Glad to see you two made it out the other side. All due respect though, we've orders not to let anyone disturb them without the Consul's approval."

If they showed the document they had from the Consul they would allow them to enter the room.

Aurum would move away from the door such that Briar was between her and the newcomers, but wouldn't put a bubble up just yet as she waited for them to make the first move. The periodic flashes of light indicated that she was still using magic in order to see them.

Spiral would turn to Last and smirk slightly as she would show the document to the two guards, and she'd enter into the room. Spiral would look to Briar, her eyes falling upon him curiously as she took in his forms. "I have not seen you yet. It is a pleasure to meet you - my name is Spiral Spell." she spoke with a slight bow and looked to Aurum.

"I am the one who found her and rescued her. Last and I, were instructed by the leadership of the Project to keep her safe and to help her learn. I hope we are not bothering you." Spiral would say to them.

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

On 2023-01-27 at 10:20 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Aurum listened intently to what Briar had to say about her mother's viewpoints, and remained silent for a bit after he finished before responding, "I guess I never thought about it that way, or really at all. Kitty said some similar things, that we were all important and useful in our own ways regardless of race." She sighed "I never had the chance to meet anyone who wasn't a unicorn before now, and I was always taught to fear them because they might try to hurt me to hurt Mother... like they did to Platinum..." She was saddened by that thought, but wouldn't elaborate unless Briar asked about it.

"Platinum... A friend, or perhaps family member, I would assume? I am terribly sorry to hear that there were those, who'd hurt her, just to get at your mother.

Sadly, as much as we are best when we all work together, some individuals, have naught but cruelty in mind. It is a few only, of the larger group, but I can understand your mother being paranoid, and overprotective, if she saw one from another group, that hurt one so close to you both. And for a reason as despicable as trying to indirectly hurt her... *sigh* Such senseless cruelty, could break a mothers heart."

Perhaps, there were more depth to the mother after all, beyond just being narrow-minded after all. This were why he tended to hesitate to judge others fully, just from what he first learned of them. Sometimes, there were things which while not excusing their behavior perhaps, would at least contextualize things, and make it easier to understand, and sympathize with the being(s) in question.

"Would you like to speak of Platinum, Aurum? I won't press it, if you'd prefer to keep it to yourself, but if it weighs on you, I will always be here to listen."

Well, not always. He might have to return to the earth eventually. Likely not as soon as he might have once thought, seeing as he would have to ensure things were left better, than what they were when he had grown up, but perhaps in a few centuries, things would calm, and he could finally rest, in the Earth Mother's eternal embrace. Still, he'd be here for a while, and thus, would have an ear to offer, and a shoulder to cry upon, if needed.

She nodded at that, "That would be good. There are two ponies outside, you could ask one of them maybe? They've been standing around so I assume they're guards." She didn't seem uncomfortable about that fact, though it might be surprising that she could tell they were there.

"Your senses are sharp Aurum, and your guess correct. They are guards, there to ensure that you are not bothered by unsavory types. I am sure that they can be asked, in case there are requests to transfer elsewhere."

"Is that so? I can barely hear a difference out there. That's very impressive Aurum. It's been very long, since I met one with such sharp, wide-ranging senses as you are presenting."

It were meant as a compliment, as he were genuinely impressed. It were rare that others noticed the presence of other individuals, before he got the grasp that there were one, or more there. Yet Aurum had, before he had noticed anything. Only after she said it, and he strained, could he hear some vague sounds, indicating the presence of more, but he both had to strain, and be made aware of it first. It seemed Aurum may be blind, but more aware than most he had met, that actually could see. What an impressive filly this one were.

"Not a lot, but more than it should've been."

Having grown up in a warzone, Last were used to the concept of casualties. Even her own parents had been lost to her because of this, as well as several friends, and the one colt she had actually fancied, when she were growing up. War sadly did not allow for happy tales, and often included a lot of orphans.

The amount they lost here, were proportionally tiny, but that were still six thousand individuals, most if not all, being adult, that had been lost. At least some of them would have had young ones of their own, that now had to suffer through the loss...

War were cruel like that, but this were not war. This were senseless death, that should've never happened in the first place. The war worth fighting and dying for, were out there.

At least if you died in that, brutal and painful as it were, those left behind could at least try and think that they had died for a cause, which helped some. But this? Deceit and confusion, headed by two power-crazed individuals. Where were there anything comforting in this? Either you died for a pointless goal, or you were one of those expelled, for refusing to accept the fool's errand that had been your cause. Which were almost certain death. Or you'd end up as those left now. Having to live with the memories of what you did, and know that others were not going to so easily forget it either.

What a pointless waste of life...

On 2023-01-28 at 12:05 AM, Spiral Spell said:

Spiral would turn to Last and smirk slightly as she would show the document to the two guards, and she'd enter into the room. Spiral would look to Briar, her eyes falling upon him curiously as she took in his forms. "I have not seen you yet. It is a pleasure to meet you - my name is Spiral Spell." she spoke with a slight bow and looked to Aurum.

"I am the one who found her and rescued her. Last and I, were instructed by the leadership of the Project to keep her safe and to help her learn. I hope we are not bothering you." Spiral would say to them.

Before they entered, Last's question had seemingly been met with silence by Spiral. To some that might come off as rather rude, but to Last at least, it had seemed like an indication, that Spiral did not think she had to answer. That it was unsaid, that as much as Last would keep her in line, so too would Spiral ensure, that her counterpart, would not go in the deep end either. Even if that required to stop her once and for all.

It were honestly a comforting thought. Last did not think she would end there, but she could look at her own orders teachings here, to see that it were unwise to just assume, and best to have plans.

Devoted and loyal as the Shrine Maidens were to Princess Luna, she also made sure that as part of their doctrines, they understood something fundamental. That if the time came, where they'd be faced with her, corrupted and unable to be helped, they would not hesitate, from trying to cut her down. As she had made sure they understood, they were to be loyal to what she stood for, and her ideals, more than anything else. So if she went against them, they would not follow her on that path, but stand firm to oppose her.

They'd likely not win, yet it were ingrained in them all, that if there were no hope of salvation, they'd do what were right, even in the face of overwhelming odds. So to Last, thinking that there were one, who'd be willing to show her the honor, of killing her, rather than have her tarnish everything she stood for, helped her greatly. It soothed her, like it had several of her former comrades, that had turned against what they stood for, and been punished for it. Rarely with death, but those who had, had mostly understood their actions, and asked forgiveness at the brink. Them as well as the traitors who did not repent, were buried all the same, barring two. If actions had not happened, that tarnished their memory, they were to be considered having done enough good, that they deserved flying among the stars, with their ancestors, and not done enough to tarnish that, to deserve otherwise.

Only two did not fit under that, as they had not been stopped in time, and even led others astray, with misguided words, and false promises. Both of those were taught to them, when they grew up. And both had been tossed outside the shrine, with their bones left for the beasts to gnaw on.

It didn't mean all had been burned though, as were proper. She only included those who they had the option to give a proper burial. Some were devoured by a strange, dark shape once, in her youth. Others had vanished into the forest, dragged off to become one of the horrors that lurked in there. Others the manetid had taken, and were never seen again. She hoped the entire valley had been scorched to the ground, in this global war, and her kin finally getting the chance to ascend. They did not deserve to be stuck down there.

*sigh* But traditions and expectations aside, she would wander in as Spiral did, but keep her distance behind the mare. Spiral had a better relation with the filly, albeit briefly, and even when she tried to look neutral, Last had the appearance of a grumpy, stoic soldier, and spoke in much the same way. She were not suited for making a positive contact with a foal. Better to wait to be introduced later.

And yes, she knew the filly were blind, but she had done something earlier, to help her navigate. Might be something that helped her see more details on them too, so she had to assume that Aurum knew at least some things. So for the time being, she'd remain in the background, and wait for things to include her. Which turned out to begin as Briar bowed his head towards the two of them. Spiral first, yet her afterwards.

"Lady Spiral. Warrioress. I am honored to meet you then. Aurum holds many questions as to what happened between her memory, and her ending here, and I hoped there would end being answers to find for her. I am assuming that you would know some things?

But where are my manners? Briar Trapjaw, at your service. And this is my ward, Brittle Buzz. She's shy, so please forgive her for her reaction to your presence."

That response currently being hiding mostly in an angle, keeping distance between Last and her, More than any else here, that seemed to be the one she were concerned about. Understandable enough. She had eyes. As did Last, with her one open one, focused on Brittle, as she recognized her. Seemed there might be something here, worth telling the Consul about then, considering the angle of changelings they had discussed.

"Just say Last, Trapjaw. And I were part of the group that retrieved Aurum too."

"Briar, if you'd be so kind. Nice to see this meeting being more pleasant than our last."

"Might've overreacted a little."

"Long as you are aware, then you will hear nothing of it. Let us all start freshly, shall we not?

As for your question, Lady Spiral, I assure you that you are not interrupting. In fact, I were speaking with Aurum just before you arrived, about a few things, which I hope you might be able to help with. One being a chance to set up a doctors appointment. Some words from her mother, have given rise to worries she may have diabetes, and I'd like to be certain of it, rather than gift her treats, which could end up being dangerous to her. I have a doctor whom I trust, who I hope would suffice. Aurum is currently still uncomfortable trusting new beings, but seem to have some faith that I wish her nothing bad, so it would seem to be best for her, to work with those whom I know can be trusted.

But you have only just arrived. I will not chase you off with this in mind so early. Please, have a seat."

He'd indicate towards the gras, whilst turning on his *inside voice* again, to respond to Aurum.

"There is nothing to fear here. They have been sent, to help with safety, and education. In fact, it sounds as if they were both down there, and helped to get you here to safety. They may have some of the answers, that I regrettably do not possess."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

On 2023-02-01 at 8:01 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"Would you like to speak of Platinum, Aurum? I won't press it, if you'd prefer to keep it to yourself, but if it weighs on you, I will always be here to listen."

She was quiet for a moment but responded, "She was my sister, and my mother's favorite. She was kind to me though, on occasion."

"She was sent out on an expedition to find a new land for us, but her expedition was discovered by the Flappers and the Dirt Ponies... and she never came back."

She sighed, "I don't know if the other ponies really did anything to her... maybe that's just what Mother thought happened... but I do know that she never came back."

"Is that so? I can barely hear a difference out there. That's very impressive Aurum. It's been very long, since I met one with such sharp, wide-ranging senses as you are presenting."

She smiled at the praise, "Mother taught me to be vigilant, always watchful, and magic is very good at sensing through walls."

Aurum backed up to the corner when Last and Spiral entered the room. She recognized them as the ponies who had been near when she first woke up.

She put a shield between her and them, keeping Briar on her side of the shield.

"There is nothing to fear here. They have been sent, to help with safety, and education. In fact, it sounds as if they were both down there, and helped to get you here to safety. They may have some of the answers, that I regrettably do not possess."

She spoke to Briar "They were there when I first woke up here..."

If they didn't react negatively to her shield, and remained calm, she would lower it as Briar seemed to trust them. But she would raise it at a moment's notice if they tried to get close to her or startled her in any way.

She asked Briar, "What are they saying? Ask them how I got here."

If Spiral tried to talk directly into Aurum's mind she'd find herself blocked off, in that Aurum was making a conscious effort to shield her mind from anyone she wasn't actively speaking to.

• Brohoof 2

Spiral would try to talk to directly into Aurum's mind but her being blocked out like that annoyed her somewhat - although she didn't say anything about it and focused on talking with Briar and Last for now.

"Lady Spiral. Warrioress. I am honored to meet you then. Aurum holds many questions as to what happened between her memory, and her ending here, and I hoped there would end being answers to find for her. I am assuming that you would know some things?

But where are my manners? Briar Trapjaw, at your service. And this is my ward, Brittle Buzz. She's shy, so please forgive her for her reaction to your presence."

Spiral would look back to Briar and Brittle. She would nod in a formal fashion. "All I know is that she was trapped down there and there was a lot of disturbing stuff. We found her inside some sort of...Energy Nexus, upon piles and piles of severed unicorn horns. The Empress, a malevolent one was the one behind it all. Very dangerous. Not good, to say the least." she sighed.

"One of the ones we went with ended up losing his life down there. Sacrificed himself to save us. His name was Light." Spiral would add. 

"Long as you are aware, then you will hear nothing of it. Let us all start freshly, shall we not?

As for your question, Lady Spiral, I assure you that you are not interrupting. In fact, I were speaking with Aurum just before you arrived, about a few things, which I hope you might be able to help with. One being a chance to set up a doctors appointment. Some words from her mother, have given rise to worries she may have diabetes, and I'd like to be certain of it, rather than gift her treats, which could end up being dangerous to her. I have a doctor whom I trust, who I hope would suffice. Aurum is currently still uncomfortable trusting new beings, but seem to have some faith that I wish her nothing bad, so it would seem to be best for her, to work with those whom I know can be trusted.

But you have only just arrived. I will not chase you off with this in mind so early. Please, have a seat."

Spiral would sit down across from them, her eyes occasionally looking over at Aurum.

"The Consul and other leaders have ordered that Aurum be kept separate from the Public under all circumstances, until she is able to find herself acclimated to her situation. I have commissioned a special amulet for her to wear that will hide her wings when she is ready to go out into the Public. Under no circumstances, is she to be referred to as a Princess." Spiral would say in a bit of a more formal tone. "I would imagine she needs to get looked at by a doctor, when she has calmed down, we can arrange that." Spiral would state. 

• Brohoof 1