Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Time-Lasp of the stories leading to The Last Problem

FlareGun45

So I am still quite excited for what the rest of the season 10 comics hafta offer! But there's one thing that's making me a bit nervous about the comics that I hope doesn't happen, and that's everything happening at once. Not all simultaneously, but more like, months or even weeks next to eachother.

Yunno the stories of Nightmare Moon, Discord, the Pillars, King Sombra, and Tirek and Scorpan's attack - they all happened at the SAME year - a thousand years ago. Was it approximate? I have no idea. But the show makes it seem like everything happened next to eachother - all the historical events, causing it to be an uneventful thousand years before the events of the series premiere. That is, unless there is some parts of history within the gap that's not being talked about.

So we got our first Last Problem fate story already - the romance between Pinkie and Cheese coming up. It's expected that the comics are gonna cover some stuff like this, I'm just hoping it's not ALL gonna happen at once - from Yona taking over Carousel Boutique, to the CMCs becoming teachers, to Spike being the ambassador, to Rainbow Dash being Wonderbolt Captain. They all seem like great story potential, and I do want it all to happen - I'm just hoping there'd be more of a time-gap in the middle - and start seeing the ages of these characters change and become more visible.

I would love to see how the story of the CMCs become teachers, but it would be best to show that, while they're at least in their teens. It wouldn't seem right for the CMCs to become teachers when they're still at school right now! Gallus becoming a guard seems like a good idea, but later, not while he's still attending at the school. Maybe there could be something that LEADS him to becoming a guard, like him wanting to become one. Just not the best idea to have him join the academy when he's still at the friendship school, yunno?

So hopefully season 10 has multiple years within it that leads to the Last Problem. It kinda depends on how big season 10 is gonna be, or will there be a season 11 or 12? Regardless, I would think it's for the best for all these stories to be spread out, and NOT happen all at once. It would seem too coincidental, and would lead to many uneventful years as well.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I'd say there is story potential when it comes to the gap created in "The Last Problem". Out of what you mentioned, the thing I'm most interested in is seeing how Rainbow became the captain of the Wonderbolts.

Now, an unpopular opinion I have is that I don't like the future Equestria we see in "The Last Problem". So much of it doesn't feel like the same Equestria anymore, and at some points it seems like ponies themselves have been sidelined. Now, I just sure hope that's not actually the case. I mention this because I'm curious how Equestria will be portrayed in the comics. Will it be like Equestria we see through the show, or will it be more like the strange time skip Equestria?