Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Summer Roleplay

Stardust

@flurry

"Metal?" Vale looked confused, deer used metal only exceedingly sparingly, especially those who lived in the woods, as they found it an affront to nature to mine for it. Therefore they only happened across it in limited quantities. She chuckled, "It must be very expensive to have so much metal."

She passed the sled back to Bright, "Hurry! I want to go again!"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She replied "Ahh I don't know how expensive it is but I think it's not too much, at least for ponies. I see it around a bit." She knew that metal wasn't too rare since it was used in tools and that but she didn't quite know the details of mining it and such.

She suggested "Before you sled again, I have an idea perhaps we can flatten the snow more make the hill more slippery so you can go even faster, sounds good? Or we can just go again now if ya wanna get goin." 

• Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale was halfway in the sled when Bright suggested they flatten the snow first, but she stopped as she thought about Bright's suggestion before nodding, "Alright, how do we do that? I mean, I know how my parents flatten the snow in the tree domes when we sleep under a pine tree, but I'm not nearly big enough to do that. Do ponies have a special way of flattening snow?"

Vale remembered how her father, after the first major snowfall of each year, would take her and her mother out to the pine forest to spend a few days living like their ancestors did, sleeping in the recesses in the snow under the wide boughs of a pine tree. Despite the snow it was always warm in there. Maybe ponies did something like that too?

@Illiad Easle

She paused "Oh, hmm i'll be honest I dunno exactly how the pros do it, but I know for sure it will speed up things."

She went on "I was thinking just stamping with hooves though that's probably easier with bigger hooves or even like rolling in the snow. Or I guess using a shovel could help."

"Probably easier with more ponies around or bigger ponies and that haha. I guess the snow is already slightly flatter from the previous times." 

She didn't wanna delay the sledding too much as it looked like Vale had a lot of fun already. Though going faster seemed like a nice thing too. 

• Brohoof 1

@flurry @Illiad Easle

There was a rather decent sized house nearby, with a recently plowed driveway going to the main road. Little did they know, it was Suri Polomare's house. Suri was currently sitting on her couch slumped back half asleep when she heard the sounds of what sounded like foals or something? Foals playing yes, foals playing. She groaned and slumped over. "Shit...ughhhh some ponies are on my property it seems..." she growled at that though before yawning tiredly. She opened the blinds slightly with her hooves, her eyes watching the foals playing.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum@flurry@Illiad Easle As Suri watched on, she sees a third earth tween filly, Fuchsia-pink and markless approaching the fawn and pegasus. 

Fuchsia had been watching the two playing on the snow for a little while, mustering up the courage to play. It sucked that she had been left here out on her lonesome - she had been playing snow buckball with her brother Blackberry, but he'd run back home once he began losing. Her leather gloves and practical hoof-boots mark her out as a farm-pony - from the edge of town. Eventually she trots over, sucking her floppy pink mane "Hey! What'cha doing?" she calls over to Vale and Bright Wing. 

• Brohoof 3

@flurry @abrony-mouse

Vale listened to Bright's explanation, "Well if sledding can flatten it out, then we should keep going!"

She was about to jump on the sled and head down when Fuchsia called out, startling her and causing her to go tumbling down the hill without the sled. She stayed low once she stopped tumbling, using the snow around her to try and hide from the strange new pony.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle @abrony-mouse

@Califorum

Bright wing heard the pony, Fuchsia calling out. She looked up and saw the filly approaching, who looked very practical with the attire.

"Oh, hello we were just playing in the snow" she replied. "Do you like playing in the snow too?" she asked. 

Bright Wing looked back and saw Vale hidden in the snow after taking a tumble, "Oh no are you alright?" She thought Vale looked a bit scared.

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

@flurry @Illiad Easle

Fuchsia experienced a mixture of relief that the pony seemed friendly and wanted to play and surprise when the Fawn tumbled away down the hill. This comes out something like "Ye-wha-oh!?" as she tries to respond to Bright's Question and react to what has happened. "Hope your friend's ok..."  she trots a little behind Bright Wing, a bit embarrassed and feeling guilty that she was the occasion of making the cute fawn take a tumble down the hill (even though it was adorable - Bambi-like) :3

She instinctively looks around for an adult - in case they had seen the tumble.   @Califorum

• Brohoof 1

@abrony-mouse @Illiad Easle @flurry

Suri had been watching them through the blinds. She had been alone for all this time, as this was her vacation spot away from the city. She huffed. She didn't like these foals being on her property although they weren't there with any guardians. Suri sighed loudly. "Ughhh....I have to deal this..." she rolled her eyes and walked up to the door.

She put on her hat and snow pants, snow gear and proceeded to unlock the door. If the 3 of them were close enough they would have heard the door unlock. Suri zipped on over to them. "Hey! What are you all doing on my property? Where are your parents?" she asked, obviously being an adult herself. She seemed more concerned at the fact they seemingly didn't have parents around but was still a little ticked.

• Brohoof 1

@flurry @abrony-mouse @Califorum

Bright didn't seem to think there was anything to fear from the new young pony, so maybe Vale could...

4 hours ago, Califorum said:

"Hey! What are you all doing on my property? Where are your parents?"

Nope!

Young ponies were one thing, adults were another. Vale's mother had told her to keep her distance from the large ponies, and this one did not look friendly in the slightest. Vale had already emerged from the snow when Suri started heading their way, having intended to go back up the hill, but Suri's expression and words sent Vale bounding straight for the treeline at an impressive speed. She wouldn't stop until she was well hidden, ducking into a tree dome so she could watch what happened without being seen herself.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle  @abrony-mouse @Califorum

Bright Wing saw the adult pony. She was a little surprised to see her because she didn't think anyone, or at least many ponies lived out here so far. 

Then in reply to the pony Suri she spoke
"My parents let me go and play outside in the snow. I came outa bit further because it's nicer out here and we found this hill was good for the sled. Are you a farmer?"

She was concerned for Vale and hoped she was okay but understood why she fled because this pony seemed slightly angry.

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @flurry @abrony-mouse

Suri watched as Vale ran off. She thought Vale was just another foal who ran off and she seemed quite concerned at that. "I'm not a farmer, this is just one of my seasonal vacation spots. What are you fillies doing out here this far? You shouldn't be out here alone." Suri spoke, more concerned than angry.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum@flurry@Illiad Easle

Fuchsia saw the lil fawn run into the wood and heard the adult behind her. She had a split second decision to make and when Bright Wing stopped she decided to chase after the fawn to see if it was alright, still feeling guilty about calling out and contributing to it Bambi-ing down the hill.

She galloped after Vale, "Hey! It's ok! Come back!"  she called out. She will, a bit unwisely, gallop into the forest after the fawn :P She's pretty nimble for a pony, but is a growing filly and therefore a bit on the gawky stage at this point in her life. Later she gets more lithe, but that is in her future.  

• Brohoof 3

@abrony-mouse

Vale watched as Fuchsia would eventually go past where she had hidden herself, she didn't exactly leave much of a trail when she bounded, you'd have to pay good attention to follow them if you know what to look for.

She felt conflicted about letting Fuchsia wander by herself in the woods. While these were far safer than the Everfree, they were still far from safe for wandering ponies who didn't know what they were doing.

Vale would spare a glance towards the adult, making sure she wasn't looking her way before digging her way out of the tree dome to trail after Fuchsia, "You shouldn't be here, it's not safe for ponies in the woods." She was still wary of the new pony, and would bound away again if she made any sudden moves, but if she remained calm then so would Vale.

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle @abrony-mouse @flurry

Suri raiased an eyebrow at what was happening here. She were confused. "I must ask though, what are you doing in this part of the woods. Where are you from? We should track down your friends there. We don't want them to get lost. I wouldn't want that." she had spoke and didn't want a bad fate to happen to the two other foals that had ran off. She watched the direction where they had ran off and started to slowly walk in that direction, keeping an eye on the other foal who hadn't ran off.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Illiad Easle @abrony-mouse

@Califorum

She thought for a moment and then spoke "Well, I was playing in the snow with a deer, but she just run off because I think she was scared. She fell off the sled in surprise, after this other pony who wanted to play too came to say hello and then I think she got more scared when she saw you coming." 

She looked towards the forest and then back at Suri with concern "Yeah i'm worried about the foal who just run off into the forest, i'm not sure if it's safe. She went to find the fawn I think. So you can help find them you think?" 

"My parents are staying in a hut outside town so they are not too far from here."

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 2

Fuchsia stops herself mid gallop as she hears the voice behind her. She skids along on her hooves for a little while, forehooves splayed, before nudging into a tree which deposits snow onto her silly pink pony head :p 

Spoiler

99134efce934f04e9b3f977a28b94095.jpg

She shakes off the snow and turns to look at the fawn, giving a reassuring smile, nods at Vale's warning and begins to make her way out of the forest. "It's ok. Sorry if I made you fall before." she says gently. "I'm Fuchsia."

• Brohoof 2

@flurry @Illiad Easle @abrony-mouse

Suri huffs and looks to her with a slightly enraged face. "Ugh, I always have to do something to ruin my day. Lets find your friends here. I don't want you or them getting hurt." she shook her head. "Always something." she muttered before leading Bright wing on a search to go look for the others. "You should go back to your parents since this could get you into trouble." Suri warned.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Califorum @Illiad Easle @abrony-mouse

She sighed "But I wanna come, you might not know who you are looking for. Plus the deer fawn might get scared of you and run off again."

"I'm sure my parents will be okay as long as there is someone responsible around, how about we go as quickly as possible then later I head back and tell them what happened. Besides if i'm in any trouble I already would be".

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 2

@abrony-mouse

Vale timidly continued, "It's okay, you just surprised me is all. I haven't been around ponies much, my parents said to keep my distance, especially from the big ones. Said they might try and steal me from them."

@Califorum @flurry

She snapped her head up at the sound of the other two approaching, "I think they're looking for you, it's best if you all left the forest before something happens. I'm Vale, maybe I'll see you again, if that big pony goes away."

If Suri and Bright continued approaching, Vale would bound off into the forest again before ducking into another tree dome.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @abrony-mouse @flurry

"I don't know about that but I'll keep my eye on you. Let's find your other friends. I don't want you getting lost out here. I don't know what you are trying to play with me here." Suri said with a sigh. "I could have stayed inside but, I don't want to make the mistake of letting you go and getting hurt." Suri said to Bright. 

• Brohoof 3

@Illiad Easle @Califorum@flurry 

Vale's cuteness triggers all the mothering instinct in the you Fuchsia :3 "I promise I won't let anypony steal you." she responds in the same gentle tone. "I'll just let them know you're ok."

Fuchsia bounds ahead, kicking up snow with her hoof-fall. "Hey! It's ok. Vale's just a lil scared." she calls out, hoping that the adult pony is convinced and giving a reassuring smile to Bright Wing - since Vale is her friend and all.

• Brohoof 1