Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Summer Roleplay

Stardust

@VinylWubs @abrony-mouse @Stardust @Starforce Glimmer @Illiad Easle

As he called out to the others that were present at the lake. Dynamo's ears had perked suddenly at the loud, yet brief crash that was somewhere around him. His eyes flashed to the source with a turn of his head to see Console, who had flopped to the ground. He couldn't help himself in chuckling slightly at his sister's antics, but he couldn't blame her. The blanketed shade of said grassy terrain was cool and comforting, but it would not relieve them of the heat. Given how her wings were spread out, it was like she was crushed into a pancake. Turning his attention back towards the other group, he hoped that they had at least heard him call out to them. However, it didn't seem like his words had reached across to their ears. Tilting his head in confusion, he wondered if he wasn't loud enough to gain their attention. He was about to speak up, but came to a halt as he thought he saw something make it's way into his point of view. Glancing his eyes to the side, he noticed that the figure was Console, who had a smirk directed towards him. 

"Oh, gee. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Console. I appreciate my adoring audience." He sarcastically responded, rolling his eyes playfully at his sister's sarcastic, yet cocky nature. While he understood slightly that she was just joking with him, it still kind of hurt him, in a way. He wanted to guess that the heat was getting to both him and his younger sister, but he wondered if he was that bad at getting someone's attention. He was never exactly the most confident or outgoing type. Considering he never really had friends back in his hometown of Fillydelphia. He looked away to the side in hopes that Console didn't see his expression of doubt. He wanted to call out to them again, but he was afraid he would be a pest or that they wouldn't hear him. Looking back towards the group, he soon noticed that a pink earth pony had been looking over at their way. The blue unicorn had noticed that the pink mare had a cutie mark of three flowers with smiles on each one. Dynamo had to guess that she was a bit older than both him and Console, but they still seemed close to the same age. It also seemed that this pink earth pony mare was close to the adult pony that was with the other group.

"Hey, sis? Did you see that pink mare looking over at us? Maybe I did manage to get one of their attention, or maybe they want us to come over? What do you think? Are you up to getting back up and heading over to say hello? Better than calling out to them again." He says, craning his head towards his younger sister. All the while, making sure that she didn't pass out from the heat.

• Brohoof 1

@abrony-mouse @Dynamo Pad @Starforce Glimmer @Stardust @VinylWubs

Vale looked a bit wary of the louder ponies approaching the lake, but there was still plenty of space for her to make it back to the forest if she needed to, she noticed Suri and Fuchsia across the way and waved to them before turning her attention back to Bright, "That sounds like fun, being out on the lake without needing to swim or worrying about drowning. I can get across a river fine, but those are rarely deep enough that I can't touch the bottom or wide enough that I can't jump across. I don't know how well I'd be able to swim in a lake like this. Do you think this boat is good?"

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle @VinylWubs @Dynamo Pad @Stardust @Suri Polomare

Suri smiled upon Fuchsia's words. She was glad that she was trusting of herself, and Suri sort of folded her sunglasses down so she could let the young pink mare look within her eyes. "I don't sow, so to speak. At least, not anymore. But you give me an idea, how about I make you a quilt or something like that? I'm in good spirits and I happened to have some materials in my bags here. I can teach you how to make quilts should you wish." she smirked to her young companion. 

Across the lake, or nearby she would see some other ponies that were apparently interested in their attention, she would wave to them. From this distance, she couldn't tell Vale apart from the others. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Illiad Easle @VinylWubs @Dynamo Pad@Starforce Glimmer @Suri Polomare @abrony-mouse

She thought about it a bit. "I think so like, sureeee the roof looks a bit old. But the base looks like it's pretty solid and stable, quite safe, I think it's been maintained well just the kind of thing for a lake. I mean I can barely swim at all, though I guess I can fly if I need to." 

Bright Wing had now noticed the other ponies approaching, they were pretty loud after all, it was hard NOT to notice them. 

Then she looked around to see Suri and Fuchsia and also waved at them.

Her brother, Ash Cloud who was sleeping on the bench, woke up with all the noise and looked a little confused at what was going on. Then he looked around to see Vale.

"Is that the deer you were talking about?" he asked Bright Wing.

"Yeahh" she replied.

"I'll watch ya for a while so you stay safe with the water" he saw they were probably planning to get upon the boat or play around there so he didn't want them to fall in the water or slip. 

Edited by Stardust
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Illiad Easle @Stardust @Dynamo Pad @Starforce Glimmer @abrony-mouse

Console let out a cocky laugh at her brother's sarcastic response, looking away from him and glancing over at the mirror like canvas in front of her. Frankly, she cared a lot for her brother and his mental health since he has some issues taking things into consideration. Especially a sarcastic response from her can be affecting him on the inside despite trying to shrug it off on the outside. There were times she would stop focusing on her tasks at hand and help Dynamo with a task at hoof or calming down his nerves over one negative comment made against him.  Better yet, she would be his shoulder to lean on when he dealt with school bullies who didn't take kindly to him in general.

Using only just her eyes to look, she glanced over to the same pink earth pony who had been looking over their way with such interest. She rose an eyebrow at the pony with suspicion as she squinted her eyelids a bit to try make out some features on the pony and to see who else they were with. The pony looked quite average in terms of appearance wise but what threw the pegasus off was the pony's cutie mark. A cutie mark of three flowers with smiles on each one. Judging from her cutie mark, she both got a bit jealous of her getting her mark and also suspected she was older than her and her brother. Nonetheless, the pony was next to a violet like adult that looked quite close to the earth pony there.

With her older brother asking her whether to get up from her position to say hello to them, she tilted her head back to him with a sort of 'are you kidding me' look. From this look alone, she wasn't eager to get up to do anything apart from swim. With a soft yet stubborn tone of voice (because people think they were casually shouting), she spoke up.

"There's no way I'm getting up, not like this since it's way too hot. If you're so eager, why don't you go over there yourself since you're interested? Might help your confidence a bit to go over to talk to them. You do that and I'll stay here and turn myself into... into... into a cheeto!"

Yeaaaah, she ain't getting up from this position. Not without some motivation anyway.

Edited by VinylWubs
  • Brohoof 1

@VinylWubs @Stardust @Starforce Glimmer @abrony-mouse @Illiad Easle

As he waited for his sister's thoughts on the idea at hoof, Dynamo's ears perked as he heard another voice from across the lake. From the looks of things, one who had been sleeping had woken up. He wondered if it was from him calling out to the others, or if it was others who were talking amongst themselves. His ears had fallen slightly in concern and worry in thinking that he wasn't making a good first impression. He knew he would have to apologize if he had bothered anyone, or if he had caused a disturbance. He was about to just forget the plan and just sit and watch over his sister. However, it seemed the adult mare next to the pink mare was waving out to the siblings and the others. Looking back over towards Console, rolling his eyes playfully at his sister's stubbornness. "Okay. First of all, you can't turn into a cheeto. Those are good snacks and all, but you wouldn't turn into food, sis. Second, it's not that I don't want to go over there by myself. I promised mom that I'd make sure that you were safe. Since, let's face it. I know you well enough that as soon as I go over to the others, then you'd just throw caution to the wind. All before rushing over towards the lake and going swimming." He gave the younger sister and all knowing look with a small, yet joking smirk. He knew his sister to the point that he knew some of the choices she would make. 

Seeing as how it looked like Console wasn't budging an inch, Dynamo had took a moment to think of a way to get her to go with him. After thinking for a bit, his eyes widened slightly to the side of dinner plates, before a smile made it's way onto his lips. "Come on, sis. We should at least stay with a group, while keeping our distance." With what Console had gone through in school, he noticed that she was not too keen with strangers. Aside from being close to him and their parents. Even so, he knew he still had to keep pressing on forward. "We have to at least try. It's like in that one song we listened to together, remember?" He cleared his throat as he began to utter the words. "What would Brian Boitano do, if he was here right now?" He wiggled his eyebrows to further add to hope that his sister would follow through.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Stardust @Dynamo Pad @Starforce Glimmer @abrony-mouse

Console first playfully pouted at his comment about not becoming a cheeto under the scorching sun, scrunching up her muzzle. Then listening to him more, her eyes became the size of peas from how well he can read her mind almost perfectly. How did he know she was going to chase wind and head directly for the lake while he was gone? Her pouty/playful look was now replaced with a nearly shocked and offended look. With nothing else to defend herself, the pegasus arrogantly replied back to her smirking brother.

"H-Heeeey... You don't need to actually call me out like that, mind reader. How in Equestria did you read my mind? Must be your horn giving you your secret abilities... Hmph."

Folding her hooves together and glancing away from him, she didn't budge to his next comment about staying together in a group. Last time she was involved with a group of people, she had a horrible experience that traumatized her for the rest of her life. There was no way she was willing to face a repeat of that. Even if it was different ponies from other parts of Equestria and looked very friendly, she wasn't going to lower her guard for them. None of them at all. If anyone wanted her to be nice, she would to make sure they weren't going to do something regretful or harmful to the gaming twins. Trust issues are a huge part of making friends.

Then her ears flickered to hear his brother sing a very familiar song that she and her brother would listen on repeat. Her temptations were building up at an alarming rate to reply back to the song. Her body was telling her to resist the song but her mind... her mind was already singing the rest of the lyrics. As if she had springs upon her hooves, she jumped up from her bothered position and replied back with a confident smirk.

"He'd make a plan and he'd follow through! That's what Brian Boitano do!"

She didn't even realize she was standing up. The power of song really is something special.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@VinylWubs @abrony-mouse @Starforce Glimmer @Stardust @Illiad Easle

Dynamo couldn't help in laughing at his sister's remark, as well as her shocked expression. His laughter faded as he saw the look of what seemed to be of Console looking offended, before offering her an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry sis, but I don't think that's the case. I'm still unable to use magic like our mom can. I've tried, but I still can't get any sort of object to levitate. I'm not entirely sure if secret abilities or mind reading has anything to do with my horn. That would be pretty cool, though." He pondered on the thought presented to him, before promptly shaking his head. "If you ask me, then I think it's because I know you so well. We've been together as siblings for eight years. I guess it's a sort of sixth sense between siblings. That, and wherever one of us goes, then the other is sure to follow." He explained, recalling the numerous times the two had hung out together. Whether it was to play games, or to explore, the two were never away from the other for very long. As he sung a particular line from the song, he wondered if that song would spark something within Console.

He was particularly worried that she wasn't budging, at first. Even folding her hooves and glancing away from him wasn't a very good sign. With what happened to her almost recently, he couldn't blame her reluctance to join him. However, almost as if something had dawned realization upon her, Dynamo grinned with glee as she followed him up on the lyrics. "That's my sis. That's always a song we sang to each other to raise our spirits up." He chuckled as he always loved that song in particular. It was always a fun and catchy song the two would sing every now and then. Whether it was to sing for fun, to help the other when they were down, or even when they wanted to be silly. That one song would always do the trick. "Hey, sis?" His smile soon faded as he recalled her reluctant expression from before. Walking over towards her, he knelt down to where they would be at eye level. "I'm sorry if you think I'm dragging you along, but I still want to keep an eye on you. I know you'd probably say that you're capable of taking care of yourself, but I still want to be better safe than sorry. If anything were to happen to you, then mom and dad would freak out. The worst thing would be that I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to my little sister." He explained, showing genuine care as he wasn't trying to be overbearing to Console. "I know things might be scary considering what had happened before, but I'm here now. If anything happens or if anyone acts suspicious, then I'll rush right over to keep you safe. I'm usually not the pony to jump into action or anything like that, but still. If there's one thing I won't let happen, then that's having happen to my favorite sibling." He smiled softly, while giving a joke that they were the only siblings to each other. "So, what do you say? Do you trust me? After all, there's one other thing that you and I both know." He winked as he brought up the song again. "And when Brian Boitano built the pyramids, he beat up Kublai Khan!" He sang, knowing full well that this was his and Console's favorite line in the song.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @VinylWubs @Dynamo Pad @abrony-mouse @Suri Polomare

"Yeahhh if we wanna use it in the water we gotta push it in."She then, proceeded to push on it as much as she could.. but it barely moved, it just sort of rocked around a bit. "Oh it's quite a heavy boat" she remarked.
Her brother saw this and came over to help push the boat. Being older and working in the garden a fair bit he was a bit tougher.
It moved a little more but it was obvious they needed a bit more help.

"I think we need more people to push this, or some kind of pulley thingy at least to make it easier, I dunno if we have one of those somewhere." Bright Wing looked around.

"But yeah we can hop into it once it has moved".

• Brohoof 1

@Stardust @VinylWubs @Dynamo Pad@Starforce Glimmer @Suri Polomare @abrony-mouse

Vale thought on that, "Well, maybe Suri and Fuschia could help? They might want to join us out on the lake." She wasn't so sure about the new ponies and so was hesitant to suggest getting their help, besides the fact that she wasn't keen on sharing such a small space with ponies she hadn't met with no way to escape once out on the water.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @VinylWubs @Dynamo Pad @Stardust @SuriPolomare

Fuchsia looked delighted at the idea of sowing a quilt together. She had tried doing the same with her grandma. She wasn't a dab hoof at sowing, but loved coming up with patterns and dying thread in rainbow colours :3 "Aw thanks Ms Suri! I'd love that!" she exclaims before being taken by the sight of Vale and Bright waving.  "Oh my gosh! I think that's Bright and Vale! Is it ok to try the quilt after? Do you wanna come with? Who knows, maybe we could sow some new summer memories into the quilt." Fuchsia asks hopefully with big eyes, still (just) innocent enough to be genuine, unlike the teen filly she is on the cusp of becoming :P

Without waiting for Suri's answer Fuchsia prances over to Vale and Bright, simultaneously waving the unicorn and pegasus she had seen beforehoof over too. "Briiight, Vaaallle, Ms Suri is here! How are you!" she trills in a slightly aaffected Manehattenite acccent. "Wow, is that a boat?" she adds. 

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle @VinylWubs @Dynamo Pad @Stardust @abrony-mouse

Suri smirked lightly as Fuchsia looked up with her big eyes. "Sure, I'll come over with them then. Maybe I can teach them quilting too." she suggested as she followed after Fuchsia, a bit surprised by the way she reacted to Suri's statements. She looked to Vale, and Bright, and greeted them. "Long time, no see." she stated with a somewhat of a grin, looking to see how they might have changed. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Illiad Easle @Dynamo Pad @VinylWubs@abrony-mouse @Suri Polomare

Bright wing's ears perked up as she noticed Suri and Fuschia. "I'm doing good thanks!" she exclaimed reply to Fuschia."Yeah it has been quite a while" to Suri. 

"I'm trying to push this boat, do you think you could help us out?" She pointed at it with her hoof. "It's quite heavy". 

Bright Wing's older brother was just behind. He softly smiled. He was staying around to help out a little and watch while enjoying the weather, but he was interested to see these ponies that Bright Wing mentioned before.

Edited by Stardust
  • Brohoof 3

@SuriPolomare

On 2021-06-12 at 4:13 PM, Suri Polomare said:

looking to see how they might have changed

Vale didn't look all that different, a bit larger perhaps, but otherwise unchanged from the fawn she had seen the previous winter.

@SuriPolomare @Stardust @abrony-mouse

Vale smiled and waved again as the familiar ponies approached, "Hi Fuchsia, Hi Suri, I'm doing well, you've gotten bigger."

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Fuchsia drapes her hooves over each pony and fawn in turn and pecks their cheek in Manehattenite fashion until she notices Bright's brother and she stops short and says a nervous 'hi' instead - betraying her farm-mare nervousness.

"It's so col that you have a boat! Lemme lend a hoof..." Fuchsia says to Bright. She wriggles her saddle bags off, bunches up her mane and places a shower cap on her head, thwacks a pair of goggles round her large pony eyes and readies herself by the edge of the boat. This is a pony who is ready to fall in the water :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@abrony-mouse @Illiad Easle @Starforce @VinylWubs @Dynamo Pad

"I'm glad ya both here." Bright Wing enthused as she flapped her pegasus wings in excitement and flew a few millimetres in the air. 

Her brother looked like not too bothered by the fact Fuchsia was like acting awkwardly but he gave a little smirk.

Oh I haven't introduced my brother, Dust Cloud. 

"Yeah" said Dust Cloud "just been helping to push this boat but otherwise staying around watch ya all play in case, ya know especially around water. It's a nice day today though and a good one to be out and about."

Bright Wing interjected "A good excuse for you to have a Snooze outside I think hahah".

Dust Cloud seemed unamused by that though it was true he had just been napping not that long ago.

Bright Wing giggled as Fuchsia seemed a bit over passionate about it she seemed almost ready for anything. But glad to have the help as it was gonna be needed.  "Yeah it is a pretty cool boat isn't it" she proudly remarked.

"Ahh Suri that's a shame with the work. Glad to have you here now though so to enjoy the Summer."

Edited by Stardust
  • Brohoof 2

@abrony-mouse @Stardust @Starforce

Vale was a bit surprised by Fuchsia's greeting, both the hug and the kiss, blushing a bit as she gently pulled away from the embrace. "I mean... we only found the boat, that doesn't make it ours. I've never been in a body of water like this... I'm excited to see what it's like."

Vale climbed into the boat and turned back to the ponies talking on the shore, "Are we going to get in the lake? Or are we just going to stand on the shore and talk?"

• Brohoof 2