Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Summer Roleplay

Stardust

It was a chilly day in winter, snow covered the ground and the trees. Wearing a scarf to keep warm, Bright Wing the pegasus pony trotted along in the snow. As she reached the field with the hill she decided to stop for a while.

It looked fun to play in the snow, so she picked up some snow with a hoof and made it into a snowball. She was about to throw it at a tree, when she noticed a fawn watching from the edge of the forest.

"Hello there" she called out.

Edited by Stardust
  • Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale had been wandering in the forest, near the edge so she could look into the plains that the ponies claimed. There weren't any fawns her age in her bevy, and so she often watched the ponies playing alone, wishing she could join them, but being too shy to leave the safety of the woods and approach them.

Then, suddenly, she was spotted by the pegasus filly she had been watching. She stood frozen for a minute before ducking behind a tree, maybe she didn't really see me?

She risked a quick, cautious glance around, but didn't see any other ponies the filly could have been talking to.

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

"Hey you over there" she called out again to the Fawn at the edge of the forest.
"Did you want come play?"

She thought it might be fun to play with someone else so she asked as the Fawn looked quite interested.

Realising the fawn might be scared she added
"It's okay, don't worry it's just a bit of little snow. But if you wanted to you are welcome to come".

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

@flurry

Shaking like a leaf, Vale peaked out from behind the tree, "Y-you... y-you m-mean mmmme?"

She took a few hesitant steps out of the forest, she felt so exposed not having the trees around her, having the wind hit her directly, and not having the shade of the forest to shield her.

Still, she had resolved to do this, it was time to be a strong doe like her mother told her she could be. She took a few steadying breaths before coming a little closer, "I... I don't know If I could do what you were doing... my hooves are much smaller than yours." She looked at her hoof before holding it out towards the filly, "See?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle 

Bright Wing stepped forward slightly to get a bit nearer, so it was easier to talk. 

"Ahhh I see, but I'm sure you could try having a go, if you wanted" she spoke swiftly.
"You want me to show you how?"
"Rolling a snowball shouldn't be too difficult and throwing just takes a bit of practice I think."

• Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale would watch Bright demonstrate, before sighing "Sure it's easy with big hooves like that, you've got a scoop built right in! These little things," she waved one of her hooves, "Like trying to scoop with a stick."

She thought a moment, "I, um, I have an idea though... I'm pretty fast even in the snow, I bet you couldn't hit me with one!"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Bright Wing looked up and smiled, that seemed like a good idea.
"Sure, let's see if I can get a snowball to hit you, but I won't go too easy on you."
"Let's see how quick you can be" she spoke as she got into a ready pose.

• Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale was practically bounding with excitement already, "Alright, hit me if you can!" She would start to bound about, zig-zaging as she did, and alternating her high jumps with low ones to further try and throw off Bright's aim.

Each time a near miss happened she would giggle, she almost seemed to know where Bright would through before she even threw it.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Bright wing was doing her best aim the snowball. "I nearly got you that time!" she exclaimed.
She was trying to predict her moves in advance so that it would hit. However the speed of movement made it quite difficult with the lag between the throw and the hit, so she was finding it difficult, "Hmm."

• Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale looked very happy, getting a bit showy with her dodges, until Bright was finally able to catch her in the flank with a lucky shot, which surprised Vale greatly.

She sat down once she landed, catching her breath, "As long as I followed the path you couldn't hit me, but I got prideful and left the path."

She looked back at Bright, "What else do ponies do for fun?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She got back into a more relaxed pose "Haha you did great."

"And well" she replied "There's a lot you can do."

"You can build things like structures or snow ponies. Or make snow angels in the ground and stomp around." 

"And if you have something that can be a sled you can do sledding."

She hopped about in the snow "Do you wanna try something?"

"Maybe something that is good for those hooves" she spoke as she remembered the size of them. 

• Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale thought, "Well, my brother and father are really good at carving, maybe I could be good at sculpting? Like if you piled up the snow with your big hooves I could draw the little details with my small hooves?"

"Also, what's sledding?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"Ooh yes" She babbled. "I can collect up some snow for some sculptures. Then you can do your thing, it sounds like a great idea" she nodded. 

She wondered what sorts of things a deer would sculpt.

She then added, "And sledding uses a sled which like a vehicle that slides across the snow or ice. Often they wooden or plastic but you can use anything similar even a box." 
"You can use it to slide down hills or get someone else to pull you along, which is sledding."

• Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale tried to imagine what Bright was describing, but she had lived most her life in the forest, where such activities would be difficult at best. "It sounds fun, do you have a sled we could try out later?"

She would watch as Bright gathered up the snow, trying to think of what she could carve into it.

@Illiad Easle

The last bits of snow were scooped up and piled up together.

Bright looked up "Alright the snow is ready!"

"Yeah I have a shed where I store all sorts of stuff and there is a sled of sorts. We can go get it later if you like."

• Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale approached the pile, extended a hoof, then hesitated, looking unsure. "Um, I don't know if I can do it while you're watching... maybe if you went and got the sled while I carve the snow?"

Whether Bright went for the sled or not, Vale would continue her cycle of almost touching the snow before hesitating until Bright either returned or spoke up.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

Bright Wing decided she would go get the sled as suggested "Ah, yeah good idea and hopefully you can focus then too."

She smiled and then went to go get the Sled.

The shed where the sled was stored wasn't too far from here, as it was placed out of town to store mostly outdoor items. 

She carried a key with her for it.
After a bit of walking she was there. 
She trotted towards it, and unlocked the shed slowly.

There were many different things stored in it including mountain gear, tennis rackets, an outdoor pool and equipment of all sorts.

The sled was towards the back so she had to take out a few items before she pulled it out.
The sled was wooden and fairly well built.

Once she had the sled she dragged it along as she trotted back.

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

@flurry

By the time Bright returned Vale was sitting next to the untouched mound of snow, and she looked somewhat sad. "I... I just can't do it. My dad and brother make it look so easy, the magic guides their hooves, but not mine."

She sighed and turned towards Bright and shrugged, "Guess that's it then, so how do you use that?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

She looked toward the mound of snow and looked back "Aw noo, maybe you can ask your dad or brother sometime how they do it?"

"But yeah you sit on the sled while you slide down on it on a slope, and use your weight to manoeuvre it." she explained.

"Or if its on a flat surface you can sit on it and just have someone else pull it along for fun". 

"The hill over there is a good place to test out the sled if you wanted to move on to that" she pointed out. 

"But if you do want to try the snow sculpting again i'd be happy to help."

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale looked at the sled while Bright explained how to use it, it sounded like fun. "Let's go to the hill, I don't think I'm strong enough to pull you even downhill." She chuckled at that.

In reference to snow carving, she shook her head, "I know how they do it, with their antlers." She waved her hoof over her head, "Which I don't have because I'm not a buck."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

She looked at Vale "Aw I see but I'm sure there's lots of other stuff you are good at."
She trotted to the hill alongside Vale.

"This slope looks good, We can set up here" she spoke.
"You want to go first?"

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale looked a bit unsure once they were at the top of the hill, "Um... maybe you should go first, show mw how it's done and all."

She would wait patiently at the top of the hill, watching how Bright got into and used the sled. Once Bright returned to the top Vale would be a bit more sure of herself to try it out.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"Ooh okay" she had replied.

Once Bright Wing was in the sled well balanced and ready to go she pushed the sled so it begun to move.
She slid down the hill though the pace was slowed slightly by the thickness of the snow.
She manouevered to the side a bit using her body and hooves just for fun. She had been sledding a few times before so had a bit of practice.

She slowed down the sled towards the end using her hooves, before reching the end and getting out.

"Don't worry this sled is not too fast unlike some so it shouldn't need too much" she assured Vale. 

• Brohoof 1

@flurry

Vale nodded at Bright's instructions, and once the sled was back at the top she would carefully climb in, close her eyes and take a deep breath, then set off.

Just as before with the snowballs, she could feel nature guiding her to maneuver the sled as it went down the hill. She got a good run out of it, but being lighter than Bright didn't get much further before coming to a stop. She was quick to bring the sled back up the hill, excitement in her eyes, "That is very fun! You say there are sleds that go faster?"

• Brohoof 1