Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New member here

Astralshy

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

Fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

I was searching for a MLP Forum via DuckDuckGo

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Ending November 2020, we got here a new pretty harsh lockdown because of the worldwide pandemic. So being locked to my apartment almost for 24/7 and almost no chance to get out for something else I was trying to entertainment myself. In the beginning of December, I was watching some AMVs at night on YouTube. After this one video there was a recommendation for something called “Friendship is Musical”. I had no idea what it was, but the title sound interesting especially because the lack of musicals in my life in 2020. So, I was clicking on it and took me a moment to realize what I was watching but I liked it. So, I was watching all what Tridashie had to offer on his channel. After this YouTube had me obviously marked for MLP because there was now a recommendation for reaction on MLP episode on YouTube. After I came that far I was also checking it out. Watching the episode “Filly Vanilli” as the first episode may have spoiled me quite a bit, but for someone who struggled with shyness in his childhood and youth this was most likely the best episode to drag me into this series. After watching this reaction, I wanted to see the whole episode and not only the bits and pieces of that reaction. So I was searching and found the whole series on Netflix. At the beginning I hat to remind myself, that this series was target to an audience much younger than me, but after some episodes I was fully into the show. I could continue farther about the highlights which made my fall in love with it of the show like John de Lancies involvement but this text is getting a bit long by now so let’s shall say the rest is history :)

Hi there I’m new here and I guess quite late to the party. I described my way into the show in the upper text. So far I have seen the series and I guess the movies (still kind unsure If I watched everything). From the MLP community I saw some bits and pieces so far but this quite unknown territory to me so far. So I hope I picked the right place with this forum :)

My intention for joining is to have somebo .. uh some ponys to talk about the show.

Please be patience with me, English is not my native language.

• Brohoof 7

Hello! :mlp_yeehaa:

This is a relatable story, I got into MLP by similar chain of events. :P 

Welcome to the herd! I hope you'll have a good time here. :darling:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Thanks all for the warm welcome here

*Muffins for all*

@TomDaBombMLP Yes, the show makes me feel happy.  MLP can teach much, even if the morals/lessons are not difficult and some people like me got them taught from their parents, but most of the adults in my professional life do not care for them. I really wish, the show was watched by more people.

When I’m watching this show, I really have the feeling the creators wanted to teach those lessons to help children and make the world maybe a better place. It would have been so much easier just to go for the money as so many other things do …

And this happened for a show born from a toy line. Well, do not judge a book by its cover! ;)

@Midnight Danny Thanks you too. Yes, it is and at least something positive from this pandemic in 2020

Edited by Astral Soul
  • Brohoof 2

Hey Astral, welcome to the forum!

I'm Kadae! I love tea and Octavia. I'm glad you came across the show and I hope we can have some good chats about it! :squee:

I hope to see your posts around here and that your stay is fantastic!

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
On 2021-01-17 at 5:29 PM, Astral Soul said:

I could continue farther about the highlights which made my fall in love with it of the show like John de Lancies involvement

Absolutely true. I decided to watch the show after I got to know about John de Lancie’s Q personality being in FIM from a YouTube video. That really proved the show was more than just a children cartoon.

Hi and welcome @Astral Soul. I know I am a little late, but I hope we can be friends :coco:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-08-19 at 1:52 AM, Splashee said:

Absolutely true. I decided to watch the show after I got to know about John de Lancie’s Q personality being in FIM from a YouTube video. That really proved the show was more than just a children cartoon.

Hi and welcome @Astral Soul. I know I am a little late, but I hope we can be friends :coco:

no worries, I appreciate your reply just as much as the others :> Actually it also took me a while to see your reply to my thread .. I'm not soo active at the moment

In my book you are already a friend to me :3