Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you seen a fight when you were in high school?

Venomous

I have seen two fights during my time in high school. One was between two girls and the other between two guys, the latter being the worse.

I've seen many fights, too many to count in fact. (def. under 20 tho)

Girls, guys, etc. 

I was in a fight myself. Fortunately, it didn't get too crazy. But we did get an in-school suspension. 

(oh wait, it was actually a fight in 8th I was in, not high school)

Edited by Miss

Seen a few, though specific examples are hard to remember. I do remember a kid getting in a fight with a teacher, that was stressful. I remember that the cops were going to be called but I have noooooooooo idea if that was the case.

Many, yes. It took me years afterwards to get out of the habit of carrying a knife at all times. It was small-town rural Ontario in the mid 80's. Not much else to do.

Girl fights were usually the worst. Boys tended to stop once someone got a bloody nose or a broken arm or something, because they were basically trained that way. Back then the girls... didn't have the cultural conditioning to stop.

Lol of course. Plenty. Weird because you'd think most people are going to tryto break it up, but instead it just gets a lot of attention. Maybe by people who are friends with them who support them kicking the other dood's butt, or maybe by anyone because of primal instinct/desire to watch.

• Brohoof 1

I can't recall a day where there wasn't some sort of fight going on. Surprisingly, I only got involved in one when I was about 13.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen many fights, including one where the police got involved at the right time, right before the situation got even uglier.

• Brohoof 1

I saw countless ones, thankfully they were just with fists and not with like knives and shit like that,
I watched them whenever I saw them, then ran when the police officer runs over (there's always at least one police officer in every highschool)

• Brohoof 1

Well for me it depends on what you call a fight.

Awkward pushing and shoving that ends up with people sitting on each other? Plenty

Punches/kicks/hits thrown from all sides with the possible use of something as a weapon? I think three is all. One was two guys that never got along, another was a "he's cheating with her, while dating me, you can't have him" and the third all I recall was two bigger guys that ended up with about 20 people trying to hold each one down until enough backup came for the police to hold them and take them away in separate cars.

Four if you count a failed attempt at being kicked in the groin and getting kicked in the belt buckle instead, with the response of picking the guy up with one hand by the collar and slamming him against the locker, saying "it's not worth it" and leaving.

Oil boom years at a school, people from every state and province, and 60+ countries shoved into a small undersized building. Wasn't exactly fun being a loner but it was sure interesting. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh all time. More than I can remember. My high school had a lot drama so people would be throwing fists about all kinds of things. Unfortunately I was involved in a few. I remember getting punched in the side of head by a guy 3 years above me cuz we just didn’t get along and oh my the ringing in my ears lasted all day! Schools fun :yeahno:

Yes. One in particular remains in my memory to this day. During lunch time two sophomore girls began cat fighting, grabbing hair, slapping etc. What was memorable was how the crowd reacted. The entire cafeteria formed a coliseum of people around these two girls and as they would move about, the walls of students around them would shift. Finally one of these girls grabbed the other by the head and started hitting her against a window.. that seemed to settle things.

I remained distant with my two other friends eating our lunch from afar and commentating on the circus before us. Memorable indeed.

• Brohoof 1

Usually happened at least once a year. Didn't get to see much because the hallways were blocked by other kids watching them.

Edited by Yoshi89
  • Brohoof 2

I’ve seen quite a few fights but most of them were grade school rather than high school. In high school there were a few and I usually put as much distance as possible between me and the action. I don’t like fisticuffs; even when it’s necessary to fight, the whole idea seems pretty distasteful.

Way more fights in middle than high school. Only saw one but was aware of two others. The one I saw was between two girls, don't know the cause. They were pulling each others hair and scratching up faces. They rolled to the ground and we're pulled apart by the school officers.

The first one I heard about was between a friend of a friend who im pretty sure had anger issues and had to go on medication, and someone we mutually disliked that was a constant annoyance and invaded our personal space. Both were suspended.

The second was at a different high school I went to. I didn't know the people involved, but it was scary for the guy who was on the defensive and won because he was over 18, so there could have been charges filed against him for assaulting a minor, and that would have ruined his whole life. It worked out in the end though.

Just remembered another that a classmate of mine had gotten into. Don't remember the circumstances other than he was an idiot.

• 1 year later...

Ignore my post if you don't want to read some unpleasant stuff.

Yeah, my school was very violent, fights were often the norm. Someone got smacked a metal bottle on his forhead and was bleeding. I found one unconscious girl in the hallway once... I had to defend myself from bullies and racists almost daily (that being said, I'm native in my country). For a whole year I was hiding behind some pipes outside, when we had breaks, I was somone's...target. Another foreigner spit at me and then tried to crush me with a cobblestone, but I avoided it. Never saw the guy before, his hate came out of nowhere. One of my "friends" was having a fight with a bully and I fought alongside him. Of course, I was left alone when I was in a similar situation, but I don't regret it.

The problem is that no one cares. Everyone is a victim at some point and there is no one you can talk to. Those 6 years were pure survival, no time to learn anything in school. Even weaker/softer teachers were victims. I saw adults crying there. I was even afraid to go outside in my free time. This shaped me immensely, for a long time (20+ years) I didn't think that nice humans even existed. Video games were the only thing that kept me sane.

@Sven Utacien

Aw... I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. The school you went to sounds awful though and while my school was nowhere near that bad, it still had it's fair share of people harassing others. I got harassed a lot at school but I never really talked about it when I was in school. I hated thinking about how weak I was compared to others who would pick on me and harass me constantly. That's also usually the biggest problem when a school is full of violence: nobody cares about it. Things can't change if people don't want or care enough to force change of the norm. I just wanna understand the reasoning behind harassing others since I don't see a point in it. Being a jerk to others doesn't make you cool or anything like that so I've never understood the reasoning behind it. 

@Scarlet02

I feel like that most of them were or are just sadistic. Because they were always smiling and laughing and enjoying it to hurt others in any way.

If I had kids and they are forced to go to school, I would let someone teach them self-defense. This is something I wish I would have had. :coco:

At least we have this stuff behind us, right? I can only hope things will improve for future generations.