Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Welcome to the Good Place: A (Mostly) Slice of Life Roleplay

Rebel the Wolfgirl

The Good Place Welcome - The Good Place - Posters and Art Prints | TeePublic

You are dead - there is no nice way to say it. You don't know exactly how you managed to kick the bucket, but the guy who greeted you, Michael, has that covered; in fact, he and his assistant Janet have all your accommodations covered. See, the afterlife isn't entirely like how the various myths and religions portray it. It's founded on a point system - every action you performed in your life had either a positive or negative value attached to it. For example, you see a homeless guy on the street, and you decide to buy him a couple cheeseburgers and a coffee instead of doing the usual "spare a buck or two" routine; congrats, you just earned 400 good points! However, because you wouldn't spare him some change, you get 50 or so bad points. Even good actions can have some negative effects.

But that isn't what's important right now. What is, though, is that out of countless billions, you (yes, you) have managed to get enough points to get into the Good Place! You'll be assigned a soulmate (yes, they're real too, and they can be either platonic or romantic) and a house that represents the essence of who you were in life. You can have whatever you want at a moment's notice; just call on Janet.So welcome to the Neighborhood. Enjoy your eternity.

--------

I've recently started watching The Good Place on Netflix (on Season 2 currently), and I had the realization that the basic premise makes for some good roleplay fodder. But in order to spice things up, I've decided to make this a multiversal-based RP, meaning you can use any characters, OC or otherwise, from any franchise. And, should anyone choose to, there's an underlying mystery to be solved (anyone who has seen The Good Place can see it coming a mile away, though, so shush, you!). I will be controlling the NPCs (Michael, Janet, and everyone else outside of the players). Now, before we begin, let me go over some rules.

1. No godmodding.

2. Tag whoever you're responding to; it makes RPing so much easier.

3. Swearing is...slightly complicated in the Good Place. There is an in-universe filter that turns any swear into a "close-enough" euphemism, as our characters will quickly find out. The most-commonly used euphemisms are as follows: Fork, shirt, bench, dink, ash, and cork. I'm pretty sure you can figure out what the "real" words are. :ButtercupLaugh:

4. As this RP is going to only feature around 6/7 players, the slots are on a first-come, first-serve basis.

5. [SPOILERS FOR THE GOOD PLACE. IGNORE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED. THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING.]

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

If and/or when one or more characters figure out they're actually in the Bad Place, the Neighborhood will be "rebooted", meaning our characters will have their memories erased, and things start over again with mild differences in the Neighborhood.

--------

--------

Character Sheet

Name:

Species:

Homeworld (i.e. what franchise they're from)

Age (when they died):

Cause of Death (it can range from simple to hilariously audacious):

Personality:

Appearance:

Other:

Edited by Renegade the Unicorn