Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web What's your opinion on Reddit?

AlicornSpell

(edited)

Some communities are better than others. Some you just really can't give any opinions, like the gaming communities. There are so many people there ready to downvote you. =/ Like the other day I responded to someone asking for advice for dungeons in FFXIV and I suggested (among other things) that they might want to watch dungeon guides. I got downvoted. I responded to someone who responded to me basically saying "that's the wrong way to play, you'll spoil everything!" IIRC and said "well I had dungeon anxiety. Not everyone has to play this way, it's just a suggestion." Got downvoted for that. LOL.

It's no surprise to me that gaming communities can't handle opinions, though. They never have been able to. I just think it's so toxic. I don't downvote people I disagree with, I only downvote people who are rude, bigoted, etc. But some people just downvote merely because they disagree. =/

Oddly enough the political ones have been the least down voting. but I avoid anything where right wing people would want to post.

Edited by Envy

That the only plane of existence for many communities. I use it for gamedev subs. But many people there are wild angry animals, I got 200+ downvotes once because I said "I've never used version control, don't see a reason for me" in a gamedev sub

57 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

It's not my favorite site to go to

I've been on Reddit a few times and I don't understand what the big deal is. I think its post layout is awful and difficult to read.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Went back for r/place's revival. That was fun, the r/place part and the collaborations and whatnot(poor Canada lol). What wasn't was the death threats and being called both a clopper and a brony hater, a nazi and a dumb American, all from that event. I barely commented on anything, so apparently I must have replaced the wrong pixels at the wrong time. So basically why I joined and why I left all within a week, again, as I guess I joined right before or after the first place event.

Edited by TheGleaner

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just made an account while back-better than being on Twitter that's for sure. I can choose to join communities  that is less toxic and post whatever without dumb kids trying to be edgy or smart.