Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv anybrony here a fan of silent film?

75ponii

very random question but i always kinda feel alone on my love for silent films or anything vintage really

i've always really loved Buster Keaton's work and he's been one of my favorite actors/directors for a while :wub:

does anyone else have any favorite silent film actor?

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, 75ponii said:

i've always really loved Buster Keaton's work and he's been one of my favorite actors/directors for a while :wub:

Oh yeah, I have probably all of his silent movies on laserdisc (3 part box set called "the art of Buster Keaton". Those movies are awesome and so funny.

I also liked Metropolis a lot.

So yeah, I am a fan of silent movies.

• Brohoof 1

I LOVE Harold Lloyd movies! He's my favorite actor of all time and has the best filmography ever. My favorite feature is 'Why Worry?' (1923) and his best short is 'Hot Water' (1924). These look like light comedies (and they are) but they're also very intricate and brilliantly acted, written and directed. Harold Lloyd has a true genius for comedy, and 'genius' is not a word I like to toss around. I've seen all of his movies and (available) shorts countless times, and I can never get enough. 

I like many silent movies and actors, Buster Keaton being my second favorite after Harold Lloyd, and Charlie Chaplin being an honored third. I love Buster Keaton's 'The Navigator,' and Charlie Chaplin's 'City Lights.'

I could watch nothing but silents all the time. They're probably my favorite genre. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Narcissus said:

I LOVE Harold Lloyd movies! He's my favorite actor of all time and has the best filmography ever. My favorite feature is 'Why Worry?' (1923) and his best short is 'Hot Water' (1924). These look like light comedies (and they are) but they're also very intricate and brilliantly acted, written and directed. Harold Lloyd has a true genius for comedy, and 'genius' is not a word I like to toss around. I've seen all of his movies and (available) shorts countless times, and I can never get enough. 

I like many silent movies and actors, Buster Keaton being my second favorite after Harold Lloyd, and Charlie Chaplin being an honored third. I love Buster Keaton's 'The Navigator,' and Charlie Chaplin's 'City Lights.'

I could watch nothing but silents all the time. They're probably my favorite genre. 

oh wow harold llyod? i love that guy! i actually own two vases that were made to be in his mansion when he was still alive. i wish i had more time to watch his stuff.

4 minutes ago, 75ponii said:

oh wow harold llyod? i love that guy! i actually own two vases that were made to be in his mansion when he was still alive. i wish i had more time to watch his stuff.

Grab a set of these. They'll get the job done.

Amazon.com: The Harold Lloyd Comedy Collection Vols. 1-3: Harold Lloyd,  Mildred Davis, Jobyna Ralston, Adolphe Menjou, Verree Teasdale, Josephine  Crowell, Constance Cummings, Barbara Kent, John Aasen, Una Merkel, Bebe  Daniels, Bill Strother,

Compared to a pair of vases from Greenacres, these are pretty affordable! lol