Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

‘Under Our Spell’: Do you like it?

BeepThePony

• The title was changed to ‘Under Our Spell’: Do you like it?
3 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

It’s probably my second favorite Dazzlings song 

So what would be your first? :squee:

As for me, I really enjoy all of the Dazzling's songs (I believe that there are three of them in total) but Welcome to The Show, just with how awesome that music battle was and how climatic it was is probably my top pick of their three songs if I absolutely had to choose only one. Under Our Spell is another great one though too! :D   

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

So what would be your first? :squee:

As for me, I really enjoy all of the Dazzling's songs (I believe that there are three of them in total) but Welcome to The Show, just with how awesome that music battle was and how climatic it was is probably my top pick of their three songs if I absolutely had to choose only one. Under Our Spell is another great one though too! :D   

Welcome to the Show

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Although I'm not too crazy about the Dazzlings as characters, can't say the same regarding their songs. Under Our Spell works so well because the Dazzlings become so intimidating, demonstrate their weight within the competition, and influence audience opinion to maintain their scheme. Only Welcome to the Show and Shine Like Rainbows eclipse this as the best song of the film.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

It's a great song, it solidifies the Dazzlings as true threats, able even to charm the Principals, and that evil laugh from Adagio at the end... I get shivers every time. As with @Dark Qiviut, I think there are other songs which are better in the movie, overall, but this is still a classic. 

think it's overrated. but i'm an idiot when it comes to music, so maybe there's something about it that i don't get that others do. i liked the other two dazzling songs better

One of the things they did well in Rainbow Rocks was the music, and this song is no exception to that.  I think they managed to pull off the right sort of hypnotic quality to both the song and the dance and on the whole the song just did what it needed to do in the story.  So yes, I do like it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been kinda slow to actually watch Equestria Girls, not sure why. I just finished Rainbow Rocks tonight, and holy crap I've been missing so much! 'Under Our Spell' is fantastic, all of the music is, but when it comes to the Dazzlings, I gotta hand it to 'Welcome to the Show.' I love the visuals that go with it, and the song itself just hooks you immediately. Perfectly befitting of the dazzlings. =3