Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Do you use an alarm clock or your phone’s alarm feature to wake up?

Venomous

I used to use an alarm clock, one my dad used to own when he was young. It was old, and the hands and numbers glowed in the dark. If it was just a bit older, it would've been glowing due to something radioactive lol, but this one was slightly newer than that model.

Then it broke and now I just use my phone. I miss that old clock.

I had a weird obsession with alarm clocks when I was young, but I always use my phone now, even though I'm not the biggest fan of phones. I always have "GOOD MORNING" going off on my phone for those day-offs I don't want to sleep in on and miss. 

Used to have an alarm clock but I found it to be too alarming. Had the feature on an old flip phone but I had a tendency to sleep through it. Briefly used a nickelodeon radio alarm clock and woke up to the sounds of either a bugal or space launch. Once I had a smart phone I relied on it and all others since.

6 hours ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

Do you use an actual alarm clock to wake up or do you use your cell phone’s alarm feature?

E26EAC9A-4B29-40A6-BC8E-7CBC94499FC8.gif

I consider my cell phone's alarm feature to be an actual alarm clock

Or are you asking "Do you use an analogue or digital alarm to wake you up?" In which case, why is the analogue alarm considered "actual", and the digital, somehow inferior?

:mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

Third option. A raspberry pi, connected to a small ampifier and a speaker near my bed. It starts playing quiet, slow music, but each song is somewhat louder and faster. 

To turn it off, I have to get out of bed, walk about 3 meters and turn off the amplifier.

I generally don’t need an alarm, but if I need to wake up earlier than usual for something important, I’ll set one on my phone. I used to have an alarm clock, but the sound it made… :Cozy:

I used to be one of those people who slept through their alarm (had like 3 alarm different clocks and slept through them all.) So I bought the Sonic Bomb alarm clock. It’s not even all the way up volume wise and you can hear it on the other side of the house. My phones alarm is way too soft compared to this beast.

• Brohoof 1