Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Do you use an alarm clock or your phone’s alarm feature to wake up?

Venomous

I use my cell phone anymore. I used my alarm clock religiously, but power outages and having to reset it made it....quite annoying. Plus it was getting old, so switching to my phone was convenient and advantageous. Having multiple alarms set really helps to get me up, lol.

I use my cell phone.  Volume on max.  Usually jolts me up the instant it goes off.  

I used to use an alarm clock, but the electricity going out kinda ruined it, and there was a couple times I was really late for work delaying some aircraft departures because of that.  It's kinda awkward, so I've used a cell phone since. 

On 1/26/2021 at 1:11 PM, Sunny Fox said:

I consider my cell phone's alarm feature to be an actual alarm clock

Or are you asking "Do you use an analogue or digital alarm to wake you up?" In which case, why is the analogue alarm considered "actual", and the digital, somehow inferior?

:mlp_smug:

I used to own a digital alarm clock, a bit of a shitty old AM/FM one in white
I think the op was wondering if you either use virtual one or a physical one

I upgraded when Google Home's alarm feature got better, though I later had it get worse again (won't let me keep re-occuring alarms for monday to wednesday, when I'm at college)

EDIT: RE-OCCURRING ALARMS ARE WORKING AGAIN

My grandma usually wakes me up, like when I have school or an appointment to the Doctor/dentist. I used to use an alarm clock back when I was in middle school. I used it 2013 - 2015. I stopped using it in 2015 because, 1: I don't have a table next to my bed to set it on and the only place where I could set it on was my brothers dresser.  2: it kept getting knocked off of my brothers dresser.  Half the time I'm already awake when my grandma wakes me up for school or for appointment. If I really need to wake up by a certain time, then I'd just use the alarm on my phone. 

I use the alarm feature on my phone, I use the alarm on my alarm clock and I use the alarm on my nintendo ds but despite this I manage to shut them all off in my sleep anyway. 

the pain