Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reminder about status updates.

Jeric

Some users have a habit of 'deleting' status updates. I just want to remind you all that that delete button isn't actually deleting the status update when you do this. As a policy we do not delete user content at any time. There are features in ACP that basically keep anything that people try and delete from actually going anywhere. Simply put, it isn't deleted, it is stored elsewhere out of user view. What 'deleting' does do is become red flag for me and other Admins to look at. So, by all means if you really want an Admin to read your status update, hit that delete link. Just remember. To avoid this confusion I may actually remove that link since ... well ... it is giving you a false sense of erasure. 

ab1b21e56aa0221d0ffb83869d6498e5.png

• Brohoof 16

5 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

So spam, troll and bot posts aren't actually deleted?

They are removed from public view, so only staff can see those.

I took some actions and aligned status updates with posts and topics. Users can no longer delete their own status updates. This has long been the policy, though the stock software since IPS 4 didn't give Administration the ability to enact this with status updates. I have remedied that mistake. 

Admins and mods will not delete your content. 

• The topic was unpinned