Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you want & don't want in G5!

Props Valroa

1. A cloud pipe like the one in the Mario games that leads to cloudsdale and gives ponies temporary wings and rainbow powers .

2.a brief period of rainbow colors when a friendship quest or mission is solved like in the rainbow magic season 4 ending when they turn rainbowfied.

3. This may not happen,and I may get some hate over this, but I want a pony that is canon to be on the high functioning autism spectrum like me.

4. Not likely,but g5 human versions would be awesome!!!!

5. I heard about a possible flying Pomeranian in the script,hope that happens although most of the bronies I’ve met disagree.it would be cute and hilarious and could very well be a meme.

6. This!!! But with new generation. A male power pony would be awesome 7A4AB400-7DDB-4F11-80AF-DB6755BFA0A2.jpeg.6cb2205ef14c88ac13924ee4299eeeeb.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Mlppotterwhoovian said:

1. A cloud pipe like the one in the Mario games that leads to cloudsdale and gives ponies temporary wings and rainbow powers .

2.a brief period of rainbow colors when a friendship quest or mission is solved like in the rainbow magic season 4 ending when they turn rainbowfied.

3. This may not happen,and I may get some hate over this, but I want a pony that is canon to be on the high functioning autism spectrum like me.

4. Not likely,but g5 human versions would be awesome!!!!

5. I heard about a possible flying Pomeranian in the script,hope that happens although most of the bronies I’ve met disagree.it would be cute and hilarious and could very well be a meme.

6. This!!! But with new generation. A male power pony would be awesome 7A4AB400-7DDB-4F11-80AF-DB6755BFA0A2.jpeg.6cb2205ef14c88ac13924ee4299eeeeb.jpeg

Oops almost forgot: I’m not flurry baby on Instagram and it’s a screenshot 

• Brohoof 1

What I would like to see is a character like Twilight not ending up being made into a politician. 

Or a character who does not like fighting evil, but does so anyway because there's nobody else who can do it. However, said character would otherwise be OK with their position in life and would refuse "promotion" to some position which would involve more work and less time for hobbies. 

Obviously G5 will not be a rerun of G4, so there probably will not be a character like Twilight etc.. However I think one of the new main characters could be one who does not have great ambitions and has some threshold after which he or she refuses to "do more" or "achieve full potential" or "follow destiny" or, essentially, meet expectations that are continuously rising. 

• Brohoof 1

what i want:
good storylines
good guest stars(no billie eilish or whatever)
character building
Discord comes back and is voiced by John De Lancie

what i dont want:

Storylines that sell toys or make no sense
one off storys
long hiatuses between seasons
rushed season
villians that are reformed or never heard from again

• Brohoof 1

Something I’d like in there specially.... keep the dub Vanhoover based. Come on, they did a fantastic job in G4. Plus it’s been tradition for them to dub horse all the way back since G1 (well, the second show, at least :please:)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't feel these new characters, the animation is really great but... ew I have strong impression like the characters from FiM were "more smth"... 6 stand out from the background so much and I can't tell it about new characters (maybe it wont?) btw Zipp looks like really awful (omg... these pink eyebrow :scoots:) - I'm a big fan of RD and I hope see her in new version. RD wasn't girly and candy, I guess that's the reason I liked her from first meet. I don't hate anything I'm very happy to see the new movie, but I like the old characters a lot more from visually side... the new seem to be background characters to me. I'm curious if they will become a TV series after the movie or they won't.

Not a really pegasis... :coco: I love episodes about TS, RD and other where they were part of the script but OMG... these two are only totally surpassed by Tempest Shadow :wub: she's so epic! I fall in love with her with first entrance on screen. I feel so bad she had only a part of story in The Movie but... she and it's the only reason that shows me that it is worth giving new cast a chance too right? I didn't watch the episodes without them because just didn't interest me and bored me.  Without them, I don't see enough point in following the new MLP

so... I can't say what I want but I'm more interested in the upcoming series than the movie... I hope the mane6 won't be abandoned and that's all. I wish our fav would get more adventures of their own. if I don't like something, I can always stay in what I like. :secret: So I'm not worried and I think there will be enough people like me.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blitzo said:

I’m happy as long as it’s not like My Little Pony Newborn Cuties. That still gives me nightmares. *shudders* 

ANYTHING is better than Newborn Cuties...:okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

things i want in g5:

good stories

more worldbuilding

be its own thing

things i dont want in g5

stories like g3 that only sell toys

disney kind of vibes.

boring characters etc

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to have various different Animation things, like in G4, meaning movies, specials, multiple series maybe, something with variety. I would also like cute ponies ( which they already proved they have ), i would like some more references to earlier generations lore, more species and more kingdoms to explore, a better main villain this time and not another storm king and i would also like a more overarching plot and not just introduce a villain in one episode and let them get defeated the episode after.

Since G5 looks a bit like My Little Pony Tales in terms of how the world is build, i would like to have a slife of life teenager drama, as well as some fantasy elements of course.

Add even more really great musicians to the score like you did with SIA!

And also make things more emotional, to that level that would bring me to tears. Something like Violet Evergarden levels of emotional would be nice. Okay, since its Mlp, maybe not to that extreme, but kind off like Violet Evergarden. At least sometimes.

And maybe this time a video game? Please? Pretty please? :squee: And i dont mean another mobile app. :okiedokieloki:

Things i dont want in G5:

Dont make it like G3 and make it a somewhat a preschool franchise, with like nothing really happening. ( not everything G3 was bad, there was some stuff with good humor but quite a lot of it was just boring ) You dont always need a villain but a childrens cartoon should also not always dumb itself down, which means, please dont make it boring. You dont have to make it edgy, thats not what i mean, i want that its cute, but please let some things happen.

And please dont feature Discord in this Gen, i dont like him but i guess i am alone with that opinion. :laugh:

• Brohoof 2

I honestly just want what every good TV show should have: engaging story, good characters +development etc.

The one thing I can think of that I don't want rn is social media playing a very big role in it.

I'm not annoyed by it being supposedly 'WOKE' which I don't think it is anyway, the presence of social media just irritates me for a reason I couldn't put my finger on

• Brohoof 4

I want a good production, and high quality animation.

I don't want any duplicated stories from previous generations, like taking the same concept for an episode that has already been done.

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Reason for Cancellation said:

And please dont feature Discord in this Gen, i dont like him but i guess i am alone with that opinion. :laugh:

4 hours ago, RulesofRarity said:

I just want G5 to be fun and not descend into obnoxiousness like G4 did. 

4 hours ago, schizo said:

I honestly just want what every good TV show should have: engaging story, good characters +development etc.

The one thing I can think of that I don't want rn is social media playing a very big role in it.

2 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I want a good production, and high quality animation.

I don't want any duplicated stories from previous generations, like taking the same concept for an episode that has already been done.

All of my thoughts exactly!

• Brohoof 3

On 2021-03-02 at 2:43 AM, Goat-kun said:

Want:

wp1965848.thumb.jpg.47b1d18a033e3c27a5dc16558fe5b063.jpg

Do not want:

CNdindunuffin.thumb.jpg.58d0b858de89d1fcf95c5050910a4307.jpg

Big pipi... I like.. I agree that you discover it's true meaning.... If you see color you racist... But if you see only the abyss it will stare back at you.:oh_golly:

Also more konosuba pwease.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind some RPG-esque action and/or combat. G4 had bits of that, but I don't know if they're going to do that in this one.

13 hours ago, schizo said:

the presence of social media just irritates me for a reason I couldn't put my finger on

But we need to follow Pipp's post count! And hear her talk about the number of followers she has!

14 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Big pipi... I like.. I agree that you discover it's true meaning.... If you see color you racist... But if you see only the abyss it will stare back at you.:oh_golly:

Also more konosuba pwease.

I am the abyss.

Anyhow, whenever some Brony brings up slice of life comedy as an excuse for FIM's countless crummy executions of fantasy themes I bring up Konosuba since it's a successful subversive comedy full of fantasy tropes. FIM isn't ignoring fantasy in favor of everyday plots that one would find more at home in a school slice of life cause that would be superior for a comedy, it's ignoring them cause people making FIM didn't understand fantasy to the same extent the creators of Konosuba did. It seems that the same will be true for G5 with its social media and other real life crap.

Also, every isekai nowadays is integrating high tech (holographic) displays as a form of magic, so I fail to see why it's so darn hard to adapt our own tech for a fantasy world. Now, I probably understand why that is. The marketing has probably decided that having complete copies of real life junk would make toys more appealing to the kids. A move in the wrong direction if you ask me.

And then there's that big and colorful Voldemort problem we cannot discuss here that might or might not hold sway over the show. This level of censorship is fine all things considered. Removing those who get political is a form of gatekeepeing, and gatekeeping is vital for the survival of any modern fandom.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

I am the abyss.

Anyhow, whenever some Brony brings up slice of life comedy as an excuse for FIM's countless crummy executions of fantasy themes I bring up Konosuba since it's a successful subversive comedy full of fantasy tropes. FIM isn't ignoring fantasy in favor of everyday plots that one would find more at home in a school slice of life cause that would be superior for a comedy, it's ignoring them cause people making FIM didn't understand fantasy to the same extent the creators of Konosuba did. It seems that the same will be true for G5 with its social media and other real life crap.

Also, every isekai nowadays is integrating high tech (holographic) displays as a form of magic, so I fail to see why it's so darn hard to adapt our own tech for a fantasy world. Now, I probably understand why that is. The marketing has probably decided that having complete copies of real life junk would make toys more appealing to the kids. A move in the wrong direction if you ask me.

And then there's that big and colorful Voldemort problem we cannot discuss here that might or might not hold sway over the show. This level of censorship is fine all things considered. Removing those who get political is a form of gatekeepeing, and gatekeeping is vital for the survival of any modern fandom.

..........I like you...but the way you chat....is hard to understand... It's like I'm talking to a final boss. It does not want to be understood.:laugh:

To be frank it's easy to talk stuff like that because we aren't the ones who are responsible and losing money. 

I also think and talk like,

"The marketing has probably decided that having complete copies of real life junk would make toys more appealing to the kids. A move in the wrong direction if you ask me."

I Actually sometimes still do...( I'm a hypocrite)

But I've been through managerial trainings.... And it ain't easy. Reasons why sometimes it hits and miss.

Soooo who knows... It might be the move in the right direction.... And we ain't sure if they might actually pull it off....

Oh and why do you stare back at me?

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Kujamih said:

..........I like you...but the way you chat....is hard to understand... It's like I'm talking to a final boss. It does not want to be understood.:laugh:

To be frank it's easy to talk stuff like that because we aren't the ones who are responsible and losing money. 

I also think and talk like,

"The marketing has probably decided that having complete copies of real life junk would make toys more appealing to the kids. A move in the wrong direction if you ask me."

I Actually sometimes still do...( I'm a hypocrite)

But I've been through managerial trainings.... And it ain't easy. Reasons why sometimes it hits and miss.

Soooo who knows... It might be the move in the right direction.... And we ain't sure if they might actually pull it off....

Oh and why do you stare back at me?

Abyss is everywhere. It stares into everyone.

I've said what I've said cause I think the marketing is wrong. This is the same company that's making annoyingly cumbersome transformer figures for the targeted audience of the same age group. Don't know how things are on your end but I'm not seeing many giant trucks and fighter jets around my parts. People are using phones as means to an end. They won't get attached to a character just cause they are using forks and spoons. Social media can be done with magic, and done better. G5, with its emphasis on current modernity, ain't gonna age well.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-07-03 at 10:41 AM, Super Splashee said:

like taking the same concept for an episode that has already been done.

That might not be so bad if it's a concept that most viewers haven't seen.  I mean, not every fan has seen G-1, G-3, or G-2 (I've seen a significant amount of G-1 and only a little G-2 and G-3), so they can probably get away with a recycled plot or two from previous generations. 

If they more than that, though, I'd take it as a sign of a problem.