Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you want & don't want in G5!

Props Valroa

6 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

This was addressed recently in EQD, but one that stood out to me is: not downgrade the Mane 6, nor FIM Equestria overall, in a negative light in order to make the new characters look better. This is a woke thing pretty prevalent these days, with Star Wars being a good example 

I don't disagree(though "woke" things had nothing to do this problem at all). FiM was already suffering from this problem by S6(with Starlight) and S8/9 with the Student 6 where the writers were constantly trying to prop up the new characters often at the expense of the main six, whether it was through the story writing itself or the quality writing of their episodes vs the main six

7 minutes ago, Megas said:

I don't disagree(though "woke" things had nothing to do this problem at all). FiM was already suffering from this problem by S6(with Starlight) and S8/9 with the Student 6 where the writers were constantly trying to prop up the new characters often at the expense of the main six, whether it was through the story writing itself or the quality writing of their episodes vs the main six

The Royal Sisters feel the Mane 6's pain right there.
But much worse.

32 minutes ago, Megas said:

That’s... kind of a good point. Still, it’d be good for them to not repeat the same mistake. Anyway, since FIM is in-universe ancient history, it’s more likely everything went wrong further down the line. That would make a very expansive and interesting backstory. Hopefully it’ll be explored much more than FIM’s. I mean, where the hell is my Gusty :Cozy:?

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Megas said:

Honestly, I blame Josh Haber and his cronies for screwing up Lauren Faust's concept just for the sake of his fan fiction. If Hasbro choose M.A. Larson as the official story editor/showrunner for MLP, then none of this would've happened.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

Honestly, I blame Josh Haber and his cronies for screwing up Lauren Faust's concept just for the sake of his fan fiction. If Hasbro choose M.A. Larson as the official story editor/showrunner for MLP, then none of this would've happened.

Josh Haber isn’t working in G5, right?

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-02-27 at 1:45 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'd like to see some type of Equestria Girls return as well. I don't know how it would work or how it could be different enough from Gen 4, though. 

I just want Sunset Shimmer's story to have a resolution.

Having one last Equestria Girls movie would have been a great way to wrap up Gen 4.

But instead we got Pony Life.:unamused:

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

If he was I wouldn’t still be talking about it lol

• Brohoof 1

I guess I'm the only one who never thought G4 got woke or disrespectful of its main cast and has no hateboner for Josh Haber or any particular writer/director on the show. :Tempest: If G5 is not woke at all to me, I'm making a whole topic (THAT WILL NOT GET POLITICAL) about it. However, if I find myself agreeing with people that it's disrespecting the main characters from the old generation in the style of your average lamestream trash reboot, you bet that I'll be calling it out. :mlp_xJpg51C:

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I am almost 100% sure he will be at least Executive Producer for the movie :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

If G5 sucks, I'm not putting all the blame on Josh Haber, making him a whipping boy the same way so many fans made Jim Miller a whipping boy. Got so sick of that. Executive producers usually don't have that much of a part in things, what matters most is the collective effort of the entire team. 

• Brohoof 1

I agree with the comments about not wanting preachy political stuff.

I also would hate to see parts of the old series get needlessly subverted for shock factor and nothing more. Two franchises I love recently have been messed up by that type of storytelling and I’m afraid it’s going to happen with MLP too :(

On 2021-08-03 at 2:56 AM, Dita_B said:

I agree with the comments about not wanting preachy political stuff.

I also would hate to see parts of the old series get needlessly subverted for shock factor and nothing more. Two franchises I love recently have been messed up by that type of storytelling and I’m afraid it’s going to happen with MLP too :(

Makes sense if that happens long after Twi’s reign, but sadly, that’s a habit these days, and it’s done to sell the current characters as better, at the expense of the beloved old. I mean, Netflix will stream this, and already failed massively with He-Man :eww:

• Brohoof 1

I really want to see where Discord is in all of this, if he's there at all. Also i'd love to know what happened to the Windigos, in the series finale of G5 it was clear it was a really big threat so in a world without magic this seems very interesting

4 minutes ago, shimmerfluff said:

I really want to see where Discord is in all of this, if he's there at all. Also i'd love to know what happened to the Windigos, in the series finale of G5 it was clear it was a really big threat so in a world without magic this seems very interesting

Same about Luna and Spike too.
I hope we see them in Gen 5 too.

On 2021-02-27 at 4:01 AM, Ruby Sapphire said:

Not happy about politics forcing it's way in. The diversity between the three pony types would have made more sense if this was set before MLP FIM. As it would be a good way to explain how the three types came together. I will watch it but I'm afraid that today's wokeness might ruin it and the show.

I think that the worse problem was that by the end of G5, it was clear that not only did all 3 types of ponies live together, but also many other types of magical creatures lived together as well. It established ponies as their own race. Its more curious to me where the other creatures like yaks and hippogriffs went. The divide between the 3 ponies seems too unbelievable, a very very grave catastrophe must have happened, one that's very surprising especially taking the series finale into consideration

I find all the complaining about the G4 characters' work being ruined pretty ridiculous. It's been a thousand years, nothing lasts forever. That was literally the moral of the penultimate episode. 

In order to have an engaging story, you need a conflict. That doesn't mean all the heroics of prior stories were for nothing.

• Brohoof 2

Well, we know the cast from the movie. We don’t know how much it’ll change once the special and actual show come over. However, it’s likely our beloved Vancouver cast won’t be returning :sunny:. Well, at least it’s kinda possible that, in case bat poneh appear in G5, there’s a chance a bat stallion will be voiced by this guy :mlp_icwudt:

Spoiler

kevin-conroy.jpg?format=jpg&quality=80&w 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-08-13 at 9:51 AM, Ocean Wavedream said:

I've got one. How about no spoilers?

I think Netflix releases seasons all at once so this hopefully won't be a problem for the new MLP show. I can't say the same for the movie.

I'd like to see at least one flashback showing the Mane 6 in order to help set up the story for the new movie and TV show. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-08-09 at 1:56 AM, shimmerfluff said:

I think that the worse problem was that by the end of G5, it was clear that not only did all 3 types of ponies live together, but also many other types of magical creatures lived together as well. It established ponies as their own race. Its more curious to me where the other creatures like yaks and hippogriffs went. The divide between the 3 ponies seems too unbelievable, a very very grave catastrophe must have happened, one that's very surprising especially taking the series finale into consideration

Honestly, I just hope they bring back Equestria in all its diversity - all the races and (this might be controversial) including the reformed changelings. I loved how much they had branched out from just ponies as sentient creatures by the end, and I really hope the next generation wont just forget the rest of equestrias beings.

• Brohoof 1