Jump to content
Banner by ~ The Wife of Rengoku

New Character System Open - Feedback and Suggestions Welcome


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the time I hit submit on this the new character system will be available for all users. This is a soft launch, and what I mean by that is that I will be making frequent changes to this new feature

I would like to see the option to add more characters lost. Maybe up to 10 because a lot of people I RP with have more than 5 character.  I don't see why the slots have to be limited to only 5, it fee

So I have just started by creating a page for the Canon character Thorax. Though I'm only focusing on the basic stuff given what few episodes featuring Thorax we have seen on the main show. I will soo

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Can I create more than five RP characters now? 

I only ask because the "Create new character" is still selectable even though I've reached my limit.

 

I mean these:

https://mlpforums.com/characters/

If you are a subscriber then yes. RP won’t allow more than five to go through unless you area a financial supporter helping defray the cost to run the servers. It isn’t not set to automatically approve. 

  • Brohoof 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

If you are a subscriber then yes. RP won’t allow more than five to go through unless you area a financial supporter helping defray the cost to run the servers. It isn’t not set to automatically approve. 

 

Thank you for clarifying. I thought it was some sort of glitch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Is it intentional that I can't change character when editing my posts?

Edit: Never mind, now I see that can do it when NOT editing a post.

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

  • 5 months later...

I would like to see the option to add more characters lost. Maybe up to 10 because a lot of people I RP with have more than 5 character.  I don't see why the slots have to be limited to only 5, it feels restricted and as a role-player, it is disappointing to only have 5 slots. 

  • Brohoof 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2021-02-06 at 5:37 PM, Jeric said:

How many characters can I create?

For now, users can create / manage five character sheets that they can post as. Subscribers and other financial supporters can create / manage ten characters. This is for two reasons. One, part of this is manual for staff. Two, we wanted to give Subscribers something extra as a thank you for helping us. MLPForums needs Subscribers to stay up and running. Later down the line we may be able to create a way to make a one-time nominal contribution for unlimited characters. So ... TLDR Users have five and Subscribers have ten. 

 

8 minutes ago, Starforce said:

I would like to see the option to add more characters lost. Maybe up to 10 because a lot of people I RP with have more than 5 character.  I don't see why the slots have to be limited to only 5, it feels restricted and as a role-player, it is disappointing to only have 5 slots. 

 

You can have ten characters if you are a subscriber. 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moments ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

 

 

You can have ten characters if you are a subscriber. 

That isn't the point, this is to increase it for those who are unable to subscribe, as I am. 

  • Brohoof 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

@Starforce That would be nice, I only use 3 for now, but only because I can't decide which characters from my ask threads to add there. If there is something like 10 slots, then I would be able to add them all. (Subscribing is beyond my limits as well.)

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 2
  • Smile 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, Starforce said:

That isn't the point, this is to increase it for those who are unable to subscribe, as I am. 

 

2 minutes ago, PawelS said:

@Starforce That would be nice, I only use 3 for now, but only because I can't decide which characters from my ask threads to add there. If there is something like 10 slots, then I would be able to add them all.

 

It would be nice to have ten for non-subscribers and twenty for subscribers but they made their choice for a reason.

  • Brohoof 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

 

 

It would be nice to have ten for non-subscribers and twenty for subscribers but they made their choice for a reason.

Well, that reason could be changed. As for someone like you, you have a lot of characters you use so it would only be helping you.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moments ago, Starforce said:

Well, that reason could be changed. As for someone like you, you have a lot of characters you use so it would only be helping you.

 

It would be helpful and I am sad needed to sacrifice poor Applejack but I'm sure I can find a different way to include characters I "can't" use

like I do in my "Ask My Little Ponies" thread. 

Although, there are only so many colors I can use to represent them so the ability to change character avatars is helpful. 

  • Brohoof 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Starforce said:

I would like to see the option to add more characters lost. Maybe up to 10 because a lot of people I RP with have more than 5 character.  I don't see why the slots have to be limited to only 5, it feels restricted and as a role-player, it is disappointing to only have 5 slots. 

Yeah I also wish that for those of us who aren’t subscribed could have more. I scarified two characters so I could make two more characters(still waiting approval on them.) Now I only have one slot left and I’ll have to be extra picky on who to fill it with.

  • Brohoof 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

Yeah I also wish that for those of us who aren’t subscribed could have more. I scarified two characters so I could make two more characters(still waiting approval on them.) Now I only have one slot left and I’ll have to be extra picky on who to fill it with.

I have at least 3 more I could add but the limit wouldn't allow me.

  • Brohoof 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Starforce said:

I have at least 3 more I could add but the limit wouldn't allow me.

Yeah there’s definitely more I can think of I’d like to add but with having only one slot left I have to be picky about it :/

  • Brohoof 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moments ago, Clawdeen said:

Yeah there’s definitely more I can think of I’d like to add but with having only one slot left I have to be picky about it :/

 

7 minutes ago, Starforce said:

I have at least 3 more I could add but the limit wouldn't allow me.

 

It sounds like a "pay-to-win" from what the reasoning is. It's a bummer but it makes sense to give subscribers incentive. 

  • Brohoof 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

 

 

It sounds like a "pay-to-win" from what the reasoning is. It's a bummer but it makes sense to give subscribers incentive. 

Doesn't make limiting it to only 5 an agreeable option, personally.

  • Brohoof 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Starforce said:

Doesn't make limiting it to only 5 an agreeable option, personally.

 

10 at least would be nice I agree, but they probably figured single RP-ers didn't use that many characters in the first place.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

 

 

It sounds like a "pay-to-win" from what the reasoning is. It's a bummer but it makes sense to give subscribers incentive. 

I mean I get it although it makes me less likely to wanna spend money lol.

  • Brohoof 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
On 2021-08-30 at 6:21 PM, Clawdeen said:

I mean I get it although it makes me less likely to wanna spend money lol.

 

19 hours ago, Starforce said:

They've altered it so I had my two other characters approved. So I have 7 now

 

I wish you could add two or more characters to a post (Two at least.) if you had more than one character responding to someone.

I know it probably wouldn't work but it would save page space. 

 

Quote

Hello, Twilight Sparkle and Rarity

 

   :twi: Twilight Sparkle said: "Hello!"

   :grin: Rarity said: "Hello, Darling."

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...