Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friends System

Jeric

14 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

So, am I stuck with it or did it automatically reset? :confused:

So it was YOU!

I need to do some science to figure out how to revert it and fix it for you. 

• Brohoof 2

The feature is a liiiiiittle bit glitchy.

1. searching for friends is a bit goofy

Spoiler

klpMRKm.gif

At least 3 characters are required to trigger the search - and it works... However, it looks like Sparklefan1234 has mastered SNEAK to 100 and requires having to type way more characters to find him. kaZdxtE.png He's not the only user, that doesn't really want to show up in the results though.

2. Another thing is... that it does this on mobile:

Spoiler

GJbW2mw.gif

as soon as I start searching, it squishes everyone. I "simulated" that on PC in the gif, but that's exactly what I get on my phone.

squishy squishy bVuh5CM.png

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

The feature is a liiiiiittle bit glitchy.

1. searching for friends is a bit goofy

Hide contents

klpMRKm.gif

At least 3 characters are required to trigger the search - and it works... However, it looks like Sparklefan1234 has mastered SNEAK to 100 and requires having to type way more characters to find him. kaZdxtE.png He's not the only user, that doesn't really want to show up in the results though.

2. Another thing is... that it does this on mobile:

Reveal hidden contents

GJbW2mw.gif

as soon as I start searching, it squishes everyone. I "simulated" that on PC in the gif, but that's exactly what I get on my phone.

squishy squishy bVuh5CM.png

I'm pretty sure needing at least three characters isn't a glitch but is instead a limitation of the forum platform. To my recollection, any use of the search feature requires at least three characters, not just for the friends list.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Harmonic Revelations said:

I'm pretty sure needing at least three characters isn't a glitch but is instead a limitation of the forum platform. To my recollection, any use of the search feature requires at least three characters, not just for the friends list.

3 characters is the okay part, I meant the fact, that some names require putting way more characters than that. Putting "spa" doesn't give anything, I have to put "sparklef" to make it fetch the desired result. Same goes with some other names. Generally it finds relevant users after 3 characters, but not everyone, as if there was a pattern of some sort, that the search treats as something else.

• Brohoof 2

46 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

However, it looks like Sparklefan1234 has mastered SNEAK to 100 and requires having to type way more characters to find him. 

What did I do? I'm sorry. :sunny:

• Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

What did I do? I'm sorry. :sunny:

It seems like you're too awesome and the search box can't even comprehend your greatness. 77EqXXE.png

"spa" is just not enough, one does not simply find you by typing just three letters. ^_^ 

(If that wasn't clear, no worries about this, I was just joking ;))

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

this is actually useful, now I can pm my friends in lickity split without having to compose a new massage and searching them!

• Brohoof 2

21 hours ago, WWolf said:

Great news. Follower just didn't feel very mutual or have that "acknowledgement" from the other person that you're welcome to be friends (I suppose they could just not follow back, or follow back if yes). At least now they're sort of asked to respond to that inquiry, to which they may respond or just ignore as an acknowledgment.

Good to have both options in case x person may just want to follow but not necessarily have to be friends with them to get updates.

Maybe it's all just semantics. *shrugs*

Pretty much all this.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Rikifive said:

At least 3 characters are required to trigger the search - and it works... However, it looks like Sparklefan1234 has mastered SNEAK to 100 and requires having to type way more characters to find him.

I’m almost certain what is going on here is that the developer is using the same search system, but the logic will only show the results when you hit someone who is a friend. It normally takes ‘sparklef’ to see him on the results in other parts of the forum. Same thing is going on here since it appears to be using the entire member list in the background. 

Common starting words like “Pony” will probably have the same result of requiring more letters. I can think of a few alternatives that might work later down the line. 

• Brohoof 4

8 minutes ago, Jeric said:

It normally takes ‘sparklef’ to see him on the results in other parts of the forum.

I feel special. I'm still unable to see my profile when I'm not logged in, btw. :sunny: 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

24 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I feel special. I'm still unable to see my profile when I'm not logged in, btw. :sunny: 

I just fixed this. EVERYONE post a status update on @Sparklefan1234 profile pls. 

:P

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I can go into her profile but I don't see a field to leave a public status update to her wall.

Tap About Me (the dropdown menu with tabs) and switch to Activity tab.

Spoiler

S1Zl8fL.png

53 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I can go into her profile but I don't see a field to leave a public status update to her wall.

I'm not a girl. :mustache:

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

I just fixed this. EVERYONE post a status update on @Sparklefan1234 profile pls. 

:P

I *hiss* in your general direction! :mlp_gag: JK. 

image.gif.64cf81f3db81adfc579adb81154219d2.gif

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm not a girl. :mustache:

I *hiss* in your general direction! :mlp_gag:

If there was an embarrass reaction I would have chosen that :blush:

• Brohoof 2

My main issue is that I now get a notification EVERY TIME a friend posts anything anywhere. Not just statuses, ANY post in any thread.

I can’t figure out how to turn it off.

I like seeing statuses, but I don’t need to keep tabs on people at all times.

• Brohoof 4

4 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

My main issue is that I now get a notification EVERY TIME a friend posts anything anywhere. Not just statuses, ANY post in any thread.

I can’t figure out how to turn it off.

I like seeing statuses, but I don’t need to keep tabs on people at all times.

Agreed. That's my only real issue with this system at this point in time. Would be nice to see this aspect altered.

• Brohoof 1

Was about time! How long has it been? Like 5+ years?

Sadly, I don't think many of the people I knew are still here. Oh well.

On 2021-02-09 at 2:20 PM, WWolf said:

Maybe it's all just semantics. *shrugs*

I would disagree there... You can follow someone you dislike, if only so that you can counter them in whatever sphere you have chosen for your battle. To call someone a friend is a horse of an entirely different colour... even if they might be a frenemie.

• Brohoof 3