Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved GIF pfps/Size Limit

Harmonic Revelations
Go to solution Solved by Rikifive,

Sorry to impose, my friends of the MLP Forum staff, but I was wondering how to get a larger upload limit for pfp size if it's all possible? Is there a subscription to the site or a donation thing I can do to increase the file size limit?

Edited by The Wife of Law

3 hours ago, Califorum said:

Why is there even a limit?

To save server costs. Hence why I was hoping I could subscribe/donate to offset the increased server cost of hosting a larger PFP and thus increase the limit.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

3 hours ago, Califorum said:

Why is there even a limit?

Also if everybody would be able to use heavy gifs with insane dimensions without any limits, then it could lead to some problems in one way or another, such as pages taking longer to load or user's data transfer being drained when on mobile with limited internet connection. Profile pictures should be relatively lightweight, for everyone's convenience. 77EqXXE.png

As for increasing the limits, there is a subscription system with various perks, but at the moment it doesn't seem to mention increasing profile pic limits, at least on the store page. I can't verify things myself to be sure, administrators should be able to give a more precise answer in that regard.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

Also if everybody would be able to use heavy gifs with insane dimensions without any limits, then it could lead to some problems in one way or another, such as pages taking longer to load or user's data transfer being drained when on mobile with limited internet connection. Profile pictures should be relatively lightweight, for everyone's convenience. 77EqXXE.png

As for increasing the limits, there is a subscription system with various perks, but at the moment it doesn't seem to mention increasing profile pic limits, at least on the store page. I can't verify things myself to be sure, administrators should be able to give a more precise answer in that regard.

The specific reason I ask is that I remember larger profile picture sizes used to be a subscriber perk (and it was also granted to ex staff which was how I had it, and the custom title which at the time was a subscriber perk.)

• Brohoof 1

I recall that, yeah. If I remember correctly, things changed with the V4 upgrade. Perhaps subscribers do have larger upload limit set, but I can't view these settings to verify anything. or can I-- *hacks*

Hmm yeah, normal users seem to have Max file size 0.15MB, where subscribers appear to have Max file size 0.29MB.

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

I recall that, yeah. If I remember correctly, things changed with the V4 upgrade. Perhaps subscribers do have larger upload limit set, but I can't view these settings to verify anything. or can I-- *hacks*

Hmm yeah, normal users seem to have Max file size 0.15MB, where subscribers appear to have Max file size 0.29MB.

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for. Feel free to close the thread now if you want. ^_^

• Brohoof 1