Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Next movie to be Netflix exclusive

Crunchypuff

Don’t mind. I’ve got a subscription so I can watch it anytime. Honestly it’s the more convenient choice. Plus it’ll be on sites like kisscartoon shortly after it’s release so the sub thing isn’t even a problem. 

I do not care for Netflix and adored the theater experience of the first film, so this is a huge letdown for me. Even if both the movie and upcoming show are the best thing since sliced bread, no way am I getting a Netflix subscription just for them. 

Well, I do have Netflix, so that means I'll be able to watch it. That being said, it's a shame that this won't be in theaters considering how much fun the movie theater experience can be. Even if streaming services are considered more convenient, I still love going to the movies.

Also, apparently there will be a theatrical release in Russia. That doesn't apply to me, but maybe it's a possibility of the movie hitting theaters in other places. 

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Landi said:

Well, I do have Netflix, so that means I'll be able to watch it. That being said, it's a shame that this won't be in theaters considering how much fun the movie theater experience can be. Even if streaming services are considered more convenient, I still love going to the movies.

Also, apparently there will be a theatrical release in Russia. That doesn't apply to me, but maybe it's a possibility of the movie hitting theaters in other places. 

With how the Delta variant is becoming more prevalent, I think the move to Netflix was the right one. Even putting aside the pandemic, this thing could have easily flopped if it went to theaters.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-07-24 at 1:36 PM, Landi said:

Yup, it's legit. 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2021/07/my-little-pony-new-generation-movie-to.html?variant=318122595779ltr

My theaters have been open for a long time, thus why this really annoys me. :maud: However, I also get why they'd be worried about the movie not making enough of an ROI, and I'm glad I can at least be happy for someone else. :fluttershy:

This is really shit actually,
most people don't have a netflix subscription,
especially inusa, as there is less on it now than when it got cancelled by majority here,
i know so many that have cancelled it due to there being nothing on it, and piracy being easy in usa

Interesting as I'm sure if they had decided to show it in theaters. Would have perhaps be somewhat like a call to arms but call for all bronies to unite that the pony drought is over and to celebrate that is.

(edited)

If this movie is going to be on Netflix, then I'll consider my Netflix subscription for that. I wish we all have the movie premiere in theaters instead of Netflix, because of the pandemic that is the ongoing issue for us in terms of social distancing and mask-wearing. Russia is lucky to have that on in theaters when I checked out on Equestria Daily.

Edited by Allen

On 2021-07-27 at 5:06 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

Yup, it's legit. 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2021/07/my-little-pony-new-generation-movie-to.html?variant=318122595779ltr

My theaters have been open for a long time, thus why this really annoys me. :maud: However, I also get why they'd be worried about the movie not making enough of an ROI, and I'm glad I can at least be happy for someone else. :fluttershy:

Even IF the pandemic wasn't a factor, I can't imagine this movie doing well in theaters. It's already going to be a series on Netflix, so why not release it there as a means to market your upcoming show?

On 2021-07-27 at 5:30 AM, The Hawks Simp said:

This is really shit actually,
most people don't have a netflix subscription,
especially inusa, as there is less on it now than when it got cancelled by majority here,
i know so many that have cancelled it due to there being nothing on it, and piracy being easy in usa

On the bright side, no DVD or Blu-Ray cases will be hogging landfills on the planet:wub:  

27 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

Why not?

(This can get somewhat political, is this better suited for DMs?)

Netflix works with a subscription, so I can't simply buy the movie and watch it whenever I want; I have to keep paying them if I want to, say, re-watch it later. That's a form of Digital Restriction Management, which gives consumers less rights so companies can sell more.

You don't know what you're paying for in advance: if you subscribe so you can watch your favorite pony show, you have no way to know if you'll be able to watch it to the end (some people were pretty upset that season 9 was never released on Netflix). Also, some shows eventually get removed, so if you were relying on Netflix for that, good luck.

Netflix blocks VPNs. Some people rely on them for privacy, so they simply can't watch Netflix exclusive content.

Netflix works well for people who watch a lot of different movies/shows, though. can't deny that.

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, Shifty Skip said:

(This can get somewhat political, is this better suited for DMs?)

Netflix works with a subscription, so I can't simply buy the movie and watch it whenever I want; I have to keep paying them if I want to, say, re-watch it later. That's a form of Digital Restriction Management, which gives consumers less rights so companies can sell more.

You don't know what you're paying for in advance: if you subscribe so you can watch your favorite pony show, you have no way to know if you'll be able to watch it to the end (some people were pretty upset that season 9 was never released on Netflix). Also, some shows eventually get removed, so if you were relying on Netflix for that, good luck.

Netflix blocks VPNs. Some people rely on them for privacy, so they simply can't watch Netflix exclusive content.

Netflix works well for people who watch a lot of different movies/shows, though. can't deny that.

Interesting reasoning. 

On 2021-02-12 at 10:32 AM, Crunchypuff said:

So it's official now that the movie isn't going to be in theaters, which is a bit disappointing to me since I don't have a Netflix subscription lol

Thoughts on this? Anyone else miss seeing movies on the big screen?

I don't have a subscription for Netflix either but there is a website I go to where I can easily watch all the latest Netflix content.

You can watch all the MLP fIM SERIES! I think they have the specials as well. IF YOUR A FAN OF equestrian Girls they have the movies too. MLP MOVIE if your a fan of pony life they have that too, 

Heck they even have the Netflix original the dragon prince. It's really cool 

Awesome anime series. 

My kids are huge Pokemon fans. 

The Black Clover is Epic my fave granted not MLP but Holy CranberryApplesauce that series Rocks. 

If you like a link give me a shout and I will sent it to ya. 

I don’t really mind where the movie is available, so I am okay with this.  Also, using Netflix seems like a good way for Hasbro to target closet bronies, which might also be better for them financially.