Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Aurelleah - Lex Aeterna [Epic Orchestral] A twilight-themed professionally produced adventure for yer earholes

Aurelleah

• The topic was featured
On 2021-02-13 at 12:42 PM, Aurelleah said:

It's been so long since I've posted here, but I wanted to share this thing I'm working on. I actually began as a musician HERE in the S4 hiatus. Let me know what you think of it! 

At the time of posting this premieres 18 minutes from now. Please join us in the live chat! :D

Hey! Long time no see!!! 

I’m glad you popped on, and I did catch this on my YouTube app earlier. From a fan who doesn’t know the technical elements that go into a composition, but really enjoys your stuff .... you definitely still got the touch. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-02-14 at 1:42 AM, Aurelleah said:

It's been so long since I've posted here, but I wanted to share this thing I'm working on. I actually began as a musician HERE in the S4 hiatus. Let me know what you think of it! 

At the time of posting this premieres 18 minutes from now. Please join us in the live chat! :D

The music is amazing and the cover too!

I was debating whether to post this or not, but decided to do it...

Hmmm, there's just something about those drums that doesn't really match the vibe. They just seem a little too shallow. I feel that cinematic tribal drums would work a little better with this piece, because those drums give it a pop feel, which is a distracting from the theme that you are presenting. 

Your strings could use more humanization, they seemed to not have that smooth gliding transition from one note to the next. Humanization would take this piece to a whole new level because it would make it sound real and convincing. 

In terms of your themes, you stuck to the key of a minor, using the i, VII, VI and V. The melodies I felt were too repetitive and could use more variation. I suggest exploring the relative major at some point. The relative major can really give a minor piece a new character. With the right transitions, you can smoothly return back to the original minor key. 

Setting the atmosphere sounded really nice, gradually leading into the drums. I do feel like this piece needed more brass, like horns on the melody or some slightly aggressive horn motifs. 

All in all, it's a nice piece but it would really benefit more from making your instruments sounding more real, developing your melodies and using percussion that fits the atmosphere. Please don't be discouraged by my feedback, for no one is perfect, but we can strive to be the best we can be. 

• The topic was unfeatured