Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mlp gen5 opinions

Belumati0901

On 2021-02-13 at 5:26 PM, Belumati0901 said:

Hi, what are your opinions on the new upcoming mlp gen5? Are you happy about it or do you want gen4 to be continued?

That is a fairly vague question in general. I actually think that G4 ended on a fairly solid note with the last three episodes. The only thing I know about G5 is that an animatic may have been leaked, so I can't really have an opinion on that personally. How do you feel about G5? I'm curious to hear your opinion. 

The animatic was super cute in my opinion, and I'm still hopeful for the next movie and gen 5 in general. I'm guessing a lot of people saw a decline in quality in some of the later seasons and are worried that will carry over or even get worse, but I'll wait and see before judging.

What we got from the press release and leaks might arguably be cause for concern, but at this point there's not enough reliable information to draw any valid conclusions. I'm remaining cautiously open-minded until we know more.

I would have liked to see a mini-series about the school six and see how they grow up and etc.   Gen 5 is one won't cast a stone on before seeing the whole of what they plan.

While I can't technically say what my full opinions on g5 are because the show isn't even out yet, I have a bad feeling it won't be very good. The leaked info we got sure isn't promising, and it seems that well-written characters and stories won't be the focus for the writers. All this being said, I still want to wait for a bit more info on the show. Though what we have in terms of info so far doesn't look good, maybe, just maybe there is still a spark of hope for this upcoming series. So I will hope that it surprises me, but my expectations aren't very high.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, I dunno. The proportions are a little better. The color choices on Sunny and Moonbow are over done. I like the gradient hair on Moonbow and Trailblazer, and hope that translates to the toys. The stubby Elsa-faces are very off-putting, but not nearly as much as Pony Life and their jawless animation. Someone mentioned they look like Shopkinz Horses, which is right on the nose. I like the green pegasus, and will pick it up if they make a good toy. The hair looks like it may be better quality this time, but I'll wait and see. Overall *shakes hand back and forth*

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1