Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

bwrosas

• The title was changed to Will G5 be on Netflix like the new movie?

Moving this here as it’s a bit early to have a dedicated G5 Forum, and this is more about the show than the fandom or movie 

@bwrosas  great questions. It’s too early to tell, and because Netflix bought the exhibition rights to the film it may set a lasting relationship that could allow for any future show to come there. That said, Season 9 of FiM still isn’t on Netflix, which makes me wonder if a new show is actually bound for streaming. 

Honestly, as long as it isn't on a premium channel like Discovery Family.

I could see it being on either Disney Channel or Playhouse. Cartoon Network or Nick might be a bit more dubious

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

I hope G5 isn't on Discovery Family. That would severely hinder its potential.

The show would get more viewers on Netflix.

And hopefully YouTube.

I heard from a user that Hasbro (I think?) is moving Power Rangers to YouTube. I hope they do that for MLP especially the previous generations, G4 (including the entire 9 seasons of FiM and EQG, too) and and future generations, and make it free to watch for a unlimited time. 

On 2021-02-14 at 11:43 AM, Megas said:

Honestly, as long as it isn't on a premium channel like Discovery Family.

I could see it being on either Disney Channel or Playhouse. Cartoon Network or Nick might be a bit more dubious

How about Disney XD? :confused: I know Disney doesn't own the MLP franchises but at least they should air it for syndication or reruns or whatever you call it these days.

4 minutes ago, raykv423 said:

And hopefully YouTube.

I heard from a user that Hasbro (I think?) is moving Power Rangers to YouTube. I hope they do that for MLP especially the previous generations, G4 (including the entire 9 seasons of FiM and EQG, too) and and future generations, and make it free to watch for a unlimited time. 

How about Disney XD? :confused: I know Disney doesn't own the MLP franchises but at least they should air it for syndication or reruns or whatever you call it these days.

Isn't Disney XD nowadays heavily catered towards boys? I know that's usually dominated by Marvel and Star Wars shows?

On 2021-02-14 at 3:13 PM, CastletonSnob said:

I hope G5 isn't on Discovery Family. That would severely hinder its potential.

The show would get more viewers on Netflix.

Given how there's a.. very controversial movie(as in with the law) that Netflix willingly allow to be on there causing many people wanting Netflix to shut down, this would actually put the MLP movie at risk due to many viewers might not have Netflix anymore due to that certain movie.

• Brohoof 1