Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stories about that one time you gave a gift to your crush/special somepony

Jesse Terrence

Long title is long, but explains the whole thing.

Ever gave a gift to your special somepony or to a crush?

I have, I gave this cool megaman plush to a crush during my college years. We had gone to gameplanet a day before and she hyped about that one plush. I had recently got paid from working as a waiter last weekend, so I took all my money (wasn't much), and the next morning went there and purchased that plush.

I gave it to her. She friendzoned me but still gave me the comfiest hug I ever felt. :BrightMacContent:

When I had my first relationship, I had a big urge to gift him something and apart from things you can buy, I wanted to gift him something special

After a while I thought making couple-bracelets would be the best Idea, since it's something easy you can wear and take off at any time. When I finished planning how they should look, I went out buying everything I needed, which was way easier than I thought I would be. When I came home that Day, I figured out that i'm really bad at making bracelets. xD At least making them look like how I planned them to be. They were supposed to be lucky knot bracelets with a small Heart-charm and our initials knotted into the Bracelets. I wanted to give him that for our first Month Anniversary, and I had like.. about 5 Days left? I struggled a lot making them (As example the rope breaking, the initial idea not working, being too thick etc.) and since I didn't had much time left, I was noticeably stressed about it. When I had 3 Days left, I noticed that I don't know his exact wrist size. Which may sound like something you would know before attending to make bracelets. But my mind was just too busy to focus on getting it to look the way I planned then actually making sure it would fit him. If I had a good prototype, then I could just adjust the size next time, right? 

So anyways, on Day 3 when I tried to find his size out, I asked our best friend to help me. I mean, going up to him and asking him indirectly would be too easy. I've had to make it complicated! I actually don't exactly remember what I did to find it out, but I remember that we 3 had a really awkward conversation about arm and wrists sizes/Lengths. On the same Day though, I was able to finish up his Bracelet and mine was about 80% finished up, so I thought i'd finish it tomorrow when I have free time, so took everything with me. The next Day, Day 2 before our Anniversary, he called me to him earlier, (on that Day we were celebrating something for him, so our best friend, his friends and a bunch of other people came.) and said that he'd noticed that I was acting stressed and weird the last couple of days and asked if something was wrong and if I had something to say. I did tell him that I've had something planned, since I didn't wanted him to worry, but he insisted to know what it is, he was even a little angry. Which I thought was weird, so I told him about the couple bracelets I was making and gave him his. He thanked me and laughed about it, which kinda made me upset since he was so angry seconds earlier, it seemed like he didn't took It serious at all, and rather if a friends gifts you something they don't need anymore. Welpie. 

I told our best friend about what happened and she told me that it was a normal reaction and the idea of making bracelets was stupid to begin with. After the celebration, he called me to him again and dumped me. Saying things like "It's not you it's me", "We still can be friends" etc. I didn't understood why then, and I was really really sad about the fact that I just got dumped, so my big brain younger self thought, you know what, the best way to safe this situation is to call our best friend over, who was in another Room and to have her "fix" it.  Didn't worked as planned, since all she said was "oh ok.". After accepting what just happened, I still stayed there for like.. another hour? because the actual plan for that Day was to do a short celebration and then spend time together, him, our best friend and me. It was a weird and depressing Hour for sure lol.

I never saw him wear that bracelet on that Day. I think I even saw it in this crash can in his room when i left. To make things even worse, after 1-2 Weeks I found out that our best friend and him are dating, apparently they even dated when he was in a relationship with me. It was really depressing back then, but it became a really funny memory now. There were a lot of red flags my younger self didn't notice, at all! 

• Brohoof 2

Yeah. Bought a gift from abroad. A little key-chain sized plush bear. They really liked it. Of course as always there was always another fish there. Didn’t matter as I ended up with someone much cooler later that year.

Just wish I’d stop dead ending and break the streak...

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

On 2021-02-14 at 11:04 AM, Yuichan said:

When I had my first relationship, I had a big urge to gift him something and apart from things you can buy, I wanted to gift him something special

After a while I thought making couple-bracelets would be the best Idea, since it's something easy you can wear and take off at any time. When I finished planning how they should look, I went out buying everything I needed, which was way easier than I thought I would be. When I came home that Day, I figured out that i'm really bad at making bracelets. xD At least making them look like how I planned them to be. They were supposed to be lucky knot bracelets with a small Heart-charm and our initials knotted into the Bracelets. I wanted to give him that for our first Month Anniversary, and I had like.. about 5 Days left? I struggled a lot making them (As example the rope breaking, the initial idea not working, being too thick etc.) and since I didn't had much time left, I was noticeably stressed about it. When I had 3 Days left, I noticed that I don't know his exact wrist size. Which may sound like something you would know before attending to make bracelets. But my mind was just too busy to focus on getting it to look the way I planned then actually making sure it would fit him. If I had a good prototype, then I could just adjust the size next time, right? 

So anyways, on Day 3 when I tried to find his size out, I asked our best friend to help me. I mean, going up to him and asking him indirectly would be too easy. I've had to make it complicated! I actually don't exactly remember what I did to find it out, but I remember that we 3 had a really awkward conversation about arm and wrists sizes/Lengths. On the same Day though, I was able to finish up his Bracelet and mine was about 80% finished up, so I thought i'd finish it tomorrow when I have free time, so took everything with me. The next Day, Day 2 before our Anniversary, he called me to him earlier, (on that Day we were celebrating something for him, so our best friend, his friends and a bunch of other people came.) and said that he'd noticed that I was acting stressed and weird the last couple of days and asked if something was wrong and if I had something to say. I did tell him that I've had something planned, since I didn't wanted him to worry, but he insisted to know what it is, he was even a little angry. Which I thought was weird, so I told him about the couple bracelets I was making and gave him his. He thanked me and laughed about it, which kinda made me upset since he was so angry seconds earlier, it seemed like he didn't took It serious at all, and rather if a friends gifts you something they don't need anymore. Welpie. 

I told our best friend about what happened and she told me that it was a normal reaction and the idea of making bracelets was stupid to begin with. After the celebration, he called me to him again and dumped me. Saying things like "It's not you it's me", "We still can be friends" etc. I didn't understood why then, and I was really really sad about the fact that I just got dumped, so my big brain younger self thought, you know what, the best way to safe this situation is to call our best friend over, who was in another Room and to have her "fix" it.  Didn't worked as planned, since all she said was "oh ok.". After accepting what just happened, I still stayed there for like.. another hour? because the actual plan for that Day was to do a short celebration and then spend time together, him, our best friend and me. It was a weird and depressing Hour for sure lol.

I never saw him wear that bracelet on that Day. I think I even saw it in this crash can in his room when i left. To make things even worse, after 1-2 Weeks I found out that our best friend and him are dating, apparently they even dated when he was in a relationship with me. It was really depressing back then, but it became a really funny memory now. There were a lot of red flags my younger self didn't notice, at all! 

Ah yeah, a classic. Assholes dumping when they find someone "better" and acting all angry at you for whatever excuse they can find.

My exfiance was getting laid with a random dude a valentine's day before breaking up with me. Yup, let's say 2015 wasn't my best year.

All well, is all experience for us, right? We learn to spot red flags faster and be inquiring about obvious signals from such bad experiences. People get angry at that, too. Mostly because they "don't want to pay for someone else's misdeeds". To me, that's a bad signal on itself. Sort of "you're so observative I won't stand a chance to make a fool out of you. Put your guard down or lose me before I fuck up".

Turns out most of the times we can't really trust our special someone.

My boyfriend recently came to terms with his Asperger's diagnosis he received as a kid, so I bought him a really nice weighted blanket for Valentine's Day. He kept telling me not to at first because they're easily $200+ for a larger size, but he loves it now and is really glad to have it, especially when he's having a hard day or is having trouble sleeping. Best purchase I've made in awhile! 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, crookedpinkie said:

My boyfriend recently came to terms with his Asperger's diagnosis he received as a kid, so I bought him a really nice weighted blanket for Valentine's Day. He kept telling me not to at first because they're easily $200+ for a larger size, but he loves it now and is really glad to have it, especially when he's having a hard day or is having trouble sleeping. Best purchase I've made in awhile! 

You got one lucky bf for having such a nice and understanding person as yourself by his side :proud:

Things didn’t work out with her but one past memory of a gift given I have is 

One time I had bought her a latte from Starbucks. Now to me it doesn’t seem like a big deal It’s a latte... But it literally meant the world to her. I’ve never seen someone so happy to get a latte before.

Gifts are cool but you won't get peoples favour through them ahha

No matter how many hundreds of gift u pass on to ur crush doesn't make them like u but its still a nice thing just dun expect something always in return ha. A gift is a gift just enjoy givin i guess ya.

On 2021-02-17 at 4:13 AM, Jesse Terrence said:

Saying things like "It's not you it's me", "We still can be friends" etc.

Yeah that usually just means like they don't have the feelings for u anymore for some reason or another. Which sucks.

On 2021-02-24 at 10:25 PM, flurry said:

No matter how many hundreds of gift u pass on to ur crush doesn't make them like u but its still a nice thing just dun expect something always in return ha. A gift is a gift just enjoy givin i guess ya.

It may work sometimes actually, gifts or other small things are good ways to make a person notice you. I have a thing that I don't "notice" people around me, they're kinda in a background. But if someone suddenly pays attention to me (first talks to me, gives a gift, etc) I immediately start to notice this person significantly more (sometimes even unhealthy obsession happens)

• Brohoof 1

I don't after being cheated on I pretty much learned to put no effort into any relationship or any commitment, no investment, since for all I know they could be cheating on you. Therefore, I do not and sure I get bothered saying stuff like "you literally have so much money yet you don't want to give me this and that", stating it is cheap, to which I say I don't want to be a wallet. So I put no money into it, or effort I don't bother funnily enough doing so has me got girls simping for me. Though no, one story I guess was I gave a girl one time a teddy that then ghosted me right before I told her, the teddy was a sweet gift and it had "I love you" so yeah my advice do not ever spend money on someone. You won't have their commitment, their respect or anything you're wasting your money. Now that I no longer invest in anyone, they are the ones investing in me trying to win me over while they will never achieve doing so as I learned to not commit or invest in anyone else but yourself.