Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Who Is Your Favorite NEW Doctor?

Master Chief

19 users have voted

1. 1. Who Is You Favorite NEW Doctor?

• Christopher Eccleston
    • David Tennant
    • Matt Smith

I haven't watched that much Dr.Who, I've seen a few episodes with the 11th doctor and one with the 9th doctor, I personally like Matt Smith's style and attitude (Fezs are cool, bowties are cool)

My favorite out of the new three? Christopher Eccleston, the Ninth Doctor. Tennant and Smith both have their highlights, to be sure, but Eccleston has a charm that neither one of them possess, something a bit more down to Earth, a bit less crazy and out of control. Most importantly, he has truly spectacular moments, such as when he crows about how for once, "EVERYBODY LIVES!"

• Brohoof 1

I've actually never seen this show, but I've heard about it a lot and seen a few pictures.

Based on that i have to say Matt smith

Now i have to watch that show...

Although i do love that 'DiscordedHooves' blog/ask thing on Tumblr

I started out with Matt Smith (I know that's not how your supposed to do it. oh, well) And tried to watch the earlier episodes. I don't like the other doctors as much as Smith, not to mention the whole series looks better now.

My favorite out of the new three? Christopher Eccleston, the Ninth Doctor. Tennant and Smith both have their highlights, to be sure, but Eccleston has a charm that neither one of them possess, something a bit more down to Earth, a bit less crazy and out of control. Most importantly, he has truly spectacular moments, such as when he crows about how for once, "EVERYBODY LIVES!"

That was Christopher Eccleson's shining moment! It still brings tears to my eyes when he begs the Nano-bots to understand, and then takes the gas mask off of the little boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53CPuFgBK7E

Tennant, he was subtle, awesome, cool, badass, and awesome.

Like, if Rainbow Dash was a Time Lord, she would be David Tennant.

Tennant was subtle?

I think Tennant was great because he was anything but subtle.

Eccleston is my favorite. He feels authentic, less outlandhis and more relatable than Tennant

My favorite season is with Tennant though because of Catherine Tate(Donna). Together they made the show amazing.

Not really feeling Smith though. He's ok but seems little off.

• Brohoof 1

something a bit more down to Earth, a bit less crazy and out of control.

That's the reason I like Matt Smith. ;)

I... I can't vote.

I loved Christopher because he was more serious, to me he kind of showed the Doctor's darker side (well, more of a "no time to joke" side) and especially in "Bad Wolf" when he shows his rage and desperation.

Tennant. The myth of a generation. His brilliant acting and perfect timing make him a perfect Doctor. He's the perfect mix of epic, serious and funny, looking EXACTLY like a madman who is a genius should look like. He brought thousands of new Whovians in, and I love him for it.

I personally love smith. He's funny, he's stupid but brilliant and though his storylines seem a tad to universally scaled, I do love how he deals with him. Though he'll always be Tennant's successor to me, he's also one of my favrouites and fits the role of a new doctor perfectly.

I'll vote Eccleston simply because he reminds me of the very first Doctor, and in my opinion doesn't get enough attention.

Tennant was subtle?

I think Tennant was great because he was anything but subtle.

Eccleston is my favorite. He feels authentic, less outlandhis and more relatable than Tennant

My favorite season is with Tennant though because of Catherine Tate(Donna). Together they made the show amazing.

Not really feeling Smith though. He's ok but seems little off.

When I said subtlety I was kinda mentally comparing the eleventh and tenth doctors. Tennant was a lot more subtle than Smith.

(edited)

I'd have to say Tennant. I remember Eccleston as being weird but I think I didn't really get into doctor who until after Tennant joined. I also watched the first series in a bit of a weird order missing a few episodes along the way and not watching them until much later so that probably didn't help.

Smith is good but I can't get past how good Tennant was.

Edited by Dave247

Christopher Eccleston was a great actor that tied the "Old" series and "New" series fantastically. He is the battle-wearied Doctor with a heavy conscious. Lone Wanderer with a lost home and no companion.

David Tennant is just ... bloody brilliant. No other way to describe it. He just ties in all of the great traits that the Doctor has - smart, funny, spontaneous, clever - and still incorporated 'darker' and series emotions - romantic, serious, unrelenting, unforgiving. He was the Doctor that got to play with some roles the previous never really to explore as much.

Matt Smith is a great actor, but for some reason I simply can't connect with him. It just may be the story writing though. The later seasons seem to be more about dramatic circumstances and less about exploration of various possibilities.

My vote: David Tennant