Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Rebuilding Equestria (1x1 between C. Thunder Dash and ExplosionMare)

Courageous Thunder Dash

@C. Thunder Dash

Global saw what appeared to be a couple of dried leaves beneath the plywood and initially ignored it. However, when she glanced back, she realized it was an article of a clothing. She trotted back to where it was and lifted the plywood to retrieve it. She got a couple of splinters in the process, but she didn’t mind. All that mattered to her is that AppleJack got her hat back.

“I have your Stetson, AppleJack!” Global exclaimed, waving in the air as if she just won a game of ‘Capture the Flag’.

@ExplosionMare

Beneath Applejack's hat was her ashes. Applejack's spirit zipped towards them and reformed into Applejack, who instead of letting out her signature "Yeehaw", looked around with a look as if she just burst into everlasting sobs. She was very shakey as the tears welled up in her eyes. "Big sis!" Applebloom shouted with tears in her eyes ran to her older sister and hugged her tightly. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Global was happy for AppleJack and her little sister, Apple Bloom, but she knew she needed to move on to the next souls. Plus, her adventurous side was starting to kick in, as inappropriate as that sounded to her right now.

“Where am I going next, Your Highness?” she asked the Princess.

@C. Thunder Dash

Global went over to AppleJack and offered her a hug. She had such a hopeless look in her eyes. Global, even though she knew things weren’t okay, wanted to convince AppleJack that they were.

“It’ll be okay, AppleJack,” she told the farm pony. “I bet I could find some other ponies to help you rebuilt the barn. Do you know where anypony else might be?”

@ExplosionMare

"But...but...h-how will everything be okay? Look...everything is gone...all gone..." Applejack said in between her sobbing as she leaned into Global's hug. She felt devastated that everything that she, her family and friends worked for: the barn, the orchard, the whole Sweet Apple Acres, was now in complete ruin. 

@C. Thunder Dash

“We can always rebuild,” Global said softly. “I know how to bring ponies back, the way I brought the CMC and you back. If we bring enough ponies back, they can help you rebuild the barn. I could bring your family back, too, once I’m able to find them,”

She put a comforting hoof on AppleJack and used her other hoof to stroke her blond mane. She knew AppleJack wouldn’t feel “better” for a long time, but she knew she could try to alleviate the farm pony’s pain. Global would sit with AppleJack as long as she needed to. The state of the world was just as taxing on her as it was for Global, so she understood what she was going through.

@ExplosionMare

Applejack just continued to cry as she was hugged. It made her feel comforted that Global was there, and so was Applebloom and the other two CMCs...but Big Mac, and even Granny Smith were somewhere around. They couldn't afford to lose Granny Smith's ashes.

@C. Thunder Dash

“I’ll help you find the rest of your family,” Global whispered due to being very close to AppleJack at the moment. “Do you happen to remember where you last saw them?”

As Global waited for a response, she glanced around to see if she could find any clues. At the moment, all she could see were the various piles of debris scattered across the field. She wanted to get up to get a better look at things, but she didn’t want to leave AppleJack until she was okay.

@ExplosionMare

Applejack looked up at Global and nodded no. "They...come from...all sorts of places..." Applejack said still sobbing lightly. It would take days, weeks, no, months to find all of Applejack's family at this rate. Perhaps it was best to restore all of Ponyville, since Twilight was there.

@C. Thunder Dash

Global nodded in understanding. It was best to focus on the Ponyvillians for now since they were all in relatively the same place. Global got up and dusted herself off from sitting in the debris. She offered a hoof to AppleJack and asked,

“Would yah like to help me look for the others in Ponyville? I bet we could find your friends nearby,”

@ExplosionMare

Applejack nodded getting up, a little shakey, still crying a little. Applebloom and the two other fillies all sort of cuddled around Global. Celestia's spirit hovered above them. "Now I must warn you, Pinkie Pie's spirit is very unstable. Being the element of laughter and a party pony, having all that taken away from her right before her eyes was extremely traumatic. Be very careful Global." Celestia warned.

@C. Thunder Dash

Global embraced the Crusaders and AppleJack as they all began to cuddle her. She had to admit, it was nice to feel a bit of warmth in such a cold world. She looked at AppleJack, who was still crying but seemed to be better than before. Global was glad she was able to help, even if the process was very slow.

Celestia informed her that the next soul to retrieve would be Pinkie’s. She also informed her that the soul would be quite delicate. She nodded in understanding. Global had confidence that she would be able to comfort Pinkie when the time came to it.

“I’ll be careful with her, Your Highness,” she told Celestia. “Now, where would Pinkie’s soul be?”

Global inwardly sighed, wishing she knew all of these ponies personally so the searches wouldn’t take as long.

@C. Thunder Dash

“Oh, I remember that place! That had really good...treats...there,” Global sighed, recounting her own memories of SugarCube Corner during her travels.

Beckoning AppleJack and the CMC to follow if they so chose to, she trotted towards the direction where SugarCube Corner used to be. She had to remember that she wouldn’t smell cupcakes or bread as she neared the remains of the shop. She would most likely smell ashes and burnt wood.

@ExplosionMare

The group followed. Celestia's spirit followed, hovering over them. What sounded like chatter could be heard...only it came from a single spirit. The voice seemed like it was saying something about a party. But it suddenly started to cry. "Oh dear..." Celestia said with a sigh. "Be very careful Global. That sounds like Pinkie but...she sounds very unstable." Celestia warned. 

@C. Thunder Dash

“I’ll be extremely careful, Your Highness,” Global told the princess.

She had spoken to many heartbroken students during her time as a teacher, so she had at least a little experience to go off of. Many of them felt as if their world was at an end and that they could never find a new purpose. Global always reassured them that despite their circumstances, they could always have the chance to do something extraordinary. The only difference between them and Pinkie here is that her world did end, quite literally at that. Global would have to convince her somehow that the world was being restored, albeit very slowly.

“Hello there, Pinkie,” she whispered to the sobbing mare, hoping to get her attention.

@ExplosionMare

"Eep! Where are you? Are you here? Or are you there? Or are you everywhere? Did you cause this mess? Did you?" Pinkie asked, her spirit having quite the tight grasp around Global. It seemed like Pinkie's spirit would fall deeper into mania or even insanity if her ashes weren't found soon. 

@C. Thunder Dash

Global wasn’t sure how to respond to Pinkie’s outbursts. She was expecting some grief, but she wasn’t expecting accusations. Rather than retaliate, however, she thought it best to calm her racing heart and focus on finding Pinkie’s ashes.

“Where do you think Pinkie’s ashes’ll be, Your Highness?” she whispered to the princess.

@ExplosionMare

"She could be anywhere..." Celestia stated. Without warning, Pinkie's spirit zipped into Global's mind and because of the overwhelming instability of PInkie, it caused a major headache. Celestia sensed it. "Global quick! Fight Pinkie's spirit from your mind. Think positively to calm her down!" Celestia's spirit called out. 

@C. Thunder Dash

“Aaaaaah!” Global cried, grunting in pain as Pinkie’s soul managed to collide with her mind.

She heaved as she fell to the ground, pressing herself against the concrete to get a feel for reality. She took a few deep, gasping breaths before she was stable enough to think clearly. Taking Celestia’s advice, she began to encourage Ms. Pie.

Pinkie! Pinkie, please! Please listen to me! This isn’t the end, I repeat, this is not the end! We’re going to rebuilt and turn this place into something beautiful! AppleJack, the CMC...they’re already here. The others are being brought back. With your help, we can bring so many more back, she thought, trying to keep herself from crying out.

Her headache became too much to bear. She dug her hooves into her scalp and sobbed under her breath. It felt like somepony was hitting her in the head with a large hammer. She truly hoped that Pinkie would understand her messages and get out of her brain as soon as possible.

@ExplosionMare

When Pinkie's soul felt Global breaking, she came to her senses. "Oh no...what have I done?" Pinkie's spirit said sadly, exiting Global's mind. Pinkie's spirit was somehow able to find it's ashes (because...Pinkie), and restored itself into Pinkie, who just began to sob softly...maybe a small cuddle could work but time is short...

@C. Thunder Dash

Global lay panting on the ground as Pinkie exited her mind. She broke out in a cold sweat and began to shake. Thankfully, once she caught her breath, she started to feel a bit better. The feverish feelings that overcame her were only the result of the physical stress that was placed on her body.

She looked up and saw that, by some miracle, Pinkie had been able to locate her ashes all on her own. She beamed tiredly at the pink mare, proud that she was able to get back to a semblance of her old self. As she stood up, she said,

“Glad you’re back to normal. Just...pant...tell the others not to get in my mind, please!”