Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Your sleeping habits

Venomous

What are your sleeping habits? Position, number of blankets, etc.

• I strictly sleep on my back
  • I can sleep just fine with one pillow
  • I need a fan blowing directly on me
  • Brohoof 1

I sleep during the day

naked

The windows are covered completely so there's only a crack of light under the door and the one glowing light switch

I have a fan and when it's cold a space heater both for temperature and white noise

I toss and turn a lot

just the one blanket. more would just get tangled and not be really covering me anyway

Fairly recently (within the last year) I picked up a memory foam pillow and it changed my life. :wacko: Gone are the days of sleeping on my side with my arm under my head, I'm a natural back sleeper now. Regular pillows just didn't cut it for me because I didn't get enough height for my neck, so I'd either wake up with a sore neck, or a sore arm from sleeping on it. 

I also have this restless leg thing I do - this happens especially when I lie on my stomach. The constant movement hurts my legs after a while so it's kinda annoying. It's like I have to make a constant effort to not do it. Anyone else do that? 

I'm so glad summer is almost over for me though. Sleeping in 30 degree Celsius heat is just... not it. 

• I fall asleep on my back but always wake up on my stomach
  • I can't fall asleep without my fan on (I literally can't. I've tried)
  • I have to sleep with a fleece blanket or something else soft because I hate the noise smooth fabric makes when it moves (I refuse to use quilts or comforters, even in the dead of winter)
  • I can't sleep with a pillow. I just ball up three small blankets I've had since I was a baby and use those instead (and will probably have for the rest of my life)
  • It's nearly impossible for me to fall asleep in a room if it's not pitch-black
  • I shift positions at least twenty to thirty times every night before actually falling asleep
  • If I'm lucky, I'll fall asleep in under an hour
  • Brohoof 1

I must have the window open and fan on in Summer.

I sleep on my stomach or sides, can’t sleep on my back.

I must have a pillow to hold and snuggle into.

This might sound weird but I need to rub some mentholated ointment under my nose because my nose can get blocked quite a lot.

I need darkness and silence at a extreme level. I hate it when there is at least one light n my room, even it is a small LED. I also could not sleep with a fan, even it is really hot. 

I can not sleep with a closed window. EVen when it is reallly cold outside. I also can not sleep with an open door.

I can not sleep in clothes. The only acceptable attire for me is a t-shirt when it is really cold, but nothing more and only then.

I need always two pillows and at minimum one blanket for sleep, even at summer.

I have not really a side where I can sleep the best. I sleep on the left or the right side or on m back. But I never sleep on my belly. 

On 2021-02-22 at 11:00 AM, The Wife of Hawks said:

What are your sleeping habits? Position, number of blankets, etc.

• I strictly sleep on my back
  • I can sleep just fine with one pillow
  • I need a fan blowing directly on me
  • Sleep with my head on a plushie (my pillow is meh and i can't find a good one)
  • Window open
  • Any position that allows me to breathe properly, i struggle to breathe well at night.
  • Multiple blankets before bed, kicking them all off when finally warm enough to sleep with just one

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • I can only sleep on my sides, can't get comfortable on my back and stomach.
  • Without sleep meds, I only sleep for an hour or two at a time, sometimes waking up every fifteen minutes.
  • Ceiling fan has to be on for air circulation.

• I can sleep on my back, sides, and belly.
  • I sleep with one pillow.
  • I tend to talk to myself and move around when I sleep.
  • I am an early bird, usually waking up at around 6am.
  • I've started getting more tired during the day, when before I could stay up the whole day.