Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 horse art style may have been revealed

Steve Piranha

39 minutes ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

I hope this isn’t the official style. It’s too cutesy.

I disagree. FiM looked more cutesy.

But THIS looks more lifeless.

I’m hoping it’s just because it’s the merch that they look so dead-eyed. Old FiM merch looked really blank-faced too.

But these girls’ faces are REALLY giving me this sort of vibe:

C4425FEC-F396-4D38-AC5E-D4E2A5942432.thumb.jpeg.8c2b9e9df294feb599e563bd7b6019da.jpeg

Come play with us, Venny... forever... and ever... and ever...

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

@ShadOBabe

As long as they don’t go back to that style, things should be okay :ButtercupLaugh:

I think it’s the small eyes in relation to the face that’s getting me...

Granted, FiM eyes were freaking HUGE, but this seems a bit like a step too far in the other direction.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

I hope this isn’t the official style. It’s too cutesy.

Dude this is My Little Pony. What are you expecting?

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Megas said:

Dude this is My Little Pony. What are you expecting?

Generation 4 is cute but this is a little too cute for me.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-02-22 at 5:02 PM, ShadOBabe said:

I’m hoping it’s just because it’s the merch that they look so dead-eyed. Old FiM merch looked really blank-faced too.

You have a point:

66462__safe_apple+bloom_applejack_fluttershy_pinkie+pie_princess+celestia_princess+luna_rainbow+dash_rarity_twilight+sparkle_book_children's+book_off.jpg

and let’s not forget our first look at pastel humans :mlp_icwudt:

image.jpeg.5a9c75339caf95457250f06f127024b1.jpeg

And shortly after: this monstrosity :mlp_yeehaa:

image.jpeg.7a6543188ef052222a86655609e9aaa2.jpeg

• Brohoof 4

I kind of have a mixed opinion on this. These designs are cute, but they also are a bit strange. It's hard to pinpoint the exact reason they do feel strange, but I think that overall the designs seem a bit lifeless. Plus, the faces just look a bit off too me (specifically the eyes and the nose). I would say this definitely isn't g4 quality.

That being said, I do still find the designs decently cute. I like the color scheme of the unicorn, and the pegasus has a pretty neat design overall. But again, I have to nitpick the art style a bit here. Both the horn and the wings are different from the ponies' coat color, and they look rather odd. So my overall thoughts stand are that the style isn't the worst out there by any means, but it isn't my favorite. But, who knows, maybe as more images come out, my thoughts on this somewhat wacky style will change.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I do agree they have minor uncanny valley elements there. But I think because they all have the same expressions. Understandable, other than this (and assuming they are indeed the main characters), there’s no other officially shown image of any of them so far.

bu the way, the middle pony seems to be the same one from the recently seen animatic

image.jpeg.65238917c0c21682818b1493a504d50c.jpeg

If you don't mind me asking, where is this animatic? I've been hearing about it but can't find it anywhere. The animatic style looks super cute too!

7 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

The faces...look too much like not horses, too human head like to me?

Also why all dead ahead views, no side views?

G4 horses looked closer to humans than these horses tho :mlp_icwudt:

Kinda cute I guess but the expressions r too samey kinda wonky and it all feels a lil too pink. Plus the eyes r like idk every girls doll toy look. They coulda varied the eyes and that a bit more. Still looks interesting I suppose.

On 2021-02-22 at 8:39 PM, Steve Piranha said:

66462__safe_apple+bloom_applejack_fluttershy_pinkie+pie_princess+celestia_princess+luna_rainbow+dash_rarity_twilight+sparkle_book_children's+book_off.jpg

Is it just me or that apple jack looks kinda derpy lol

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

G4 horses looked closer to humans than these horses tho :mlp_icwudt:

I'd argue that point if you wish...to me the cheeks are too fat and round to be "horse like" where as G4 they were kinda "streamlined" into the nose, like a snout.

15 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

G4 ponies looked weird from the front (pony looking directly at "camera"), this does not look as weird. I wonder how they look from the side.

The drawings just under the pillow are from the side, and overall looks a bit better.

58DCDC0F-61D7-43EE-94E4-18906413D1CE.png3F15C929-DCF2-4215-B475-C3CC89D10B7D.png

7 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

I'd argue that point if you wish...to me the cheeks are too fat and round to be "horse like" where as G4 they were kinda "streamlined" into the nose, like a snout.

Possibly, but my statement was because it reminded me of the fact that teddy bears used to have faces closer to real bears. Then, their faces were rounded, and snouts shorten. Maybe they went with that principle with G4 horses