Will you watch G5?

Props Valroa

Will you watch G5?  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Will you Watch G5?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I mean sure at least the first ep to see how it is. I didn't end up watching pony life (the speed of the show literally hurt my eyes) so let's hope this is at least better x3 It does seem interesting so far and the characters so im excited enough

As in follow the series like I did for G4? Unlikely.  I may check out the first episodes after it comes out, but I’m not particularly excited for it.

Edited by ChB
  • Brohoof 1

I'm curious to see what they do with it, so I will most likely watch it. G4 is going to be a hard act to follow, but even if G5 isn't as good I may well still enjoy it. 

My bigger concern is where I will be able to watch it. I've only just got on to the final two seasons of G4 when they finally made it to Amazon Prime. I suppose I might pick up Netflix for a bit if it's on there, but historically it's been irritatingly difficult / slow to watch MLP legally here. 

I will almost definitely watch at least a few eps. I must say the animation immediately leaves a bad taste for me.

However, I think waiting until we can see more before making a final decision is the best for now.  

I don't know. I'm quite curious about the G5 movie and how it's going to pull off but I doubt it's gonna make the same impact as G4 was. But I could be wrong.

• Brohoof 2

is the G5 the new CGI ponies? To be quite honest I'm not really hyped at all, I'm an animation student and a really enthusiastic animation lover so I'll give it a watch anyways, I hope it'll surprise me in a good way, I like how the animation looks, but I'm a bigger fan of 2D animation rather than CGI, weirdly enough, those are my bigger concerns instead of storytelling or whatever lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Based off of what we've seen so far; I wouldn't even be slightly interested in G5 if it weren't for the fact it's in the MLP franchise, I tend to like things in the fantasy genre but the new generation seems very lacklustre in that regard. It would feel wrong to just never check it out though, so if I can watch it I'll give the movie a shot.

Regardless of some drama going on right now, as long as all planned Gen 5 related material will be on Netflix, I shall watch them for better or worst.

I'll definitely watch the movie when it comes out. If it's good, I'll watch the show as well. Despite a few small issues, G5 has a ton of potential. The million dollar question is whether or not the producers/writers are going to use it.

• Brohoof 2

As much as I don't like the phones, I'm very interested with all of the characters no matter how bad they look. I can already see myself liking Izzy Moonbow, she looks like the silly character who will be most likely easily love by many people.

• Brohoof 3

41 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Ive been under a rock. I thought the gen 5 announcement was just a movie? Either way ill be giving it a look see.

It was a movie first, then a show. I think the special between the movie and the show is a newer information as far as I recall :huh:

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

It was a movie first, then a show. I think the special between the movie and the show is a newer information as far as I recall 

is the movie out yet? Also i havent seen a special. All i have seen was something to do with netflix hosting the new gen of MLP

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

is the movie out yet? Also i havent seen a special. All i have seen was something to do with netflix hosting the new gen of MLP

No, I think it’s coming on Netflix in September of this year :huh:. I do know next year will be the special, and the series proper in 2023

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah; will be giving it a chance at least. I like what I've seen so far, but even then I think it deserves at least one shot. Equestria Girls was rough at first, but it became quite good in it's own right.

• Brohoof 4