Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you take issue with entrepreneurs/bussinesspeople/similar people?

PCutter

I have no issue with entrepreneurs. In many ways they can be visionaries who rise above adversity to achieve their goals and that takes intelligence, guts and perseverance. I'm not saying they can't be jerks like anyone else, but as far as entrepreneurs as a whole, I have no objections.  

• Brohoof 1

No, they worked hard, took risks and reaped the rewards so fair play to them. Entrepreneurs and businesspeople also often employ others so they are also providing jobs.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

Without entrepreneurs there are no businesses. Without business, the world would not exist nearly as you know it. I recognize that. I don't think the world would be a better place without business.

But if what you're asking is more related to whether or not I have an issue with the sterotypical way entrepreneurs and CEO-types carry themselves or talk to people, it really depends on the business but in general... not particularly? I tend to feel that if you know the name of a company's CEO, (unless you somehow know them personally) it's either due to negative press or because they're one of the richest people in the world and not hearing their name in general media is practically impossible. And even then finding negative in them is all but a certainty. I also believe there's a huge difference between a person who was hired to be the CEO of a company and the president/CEO who built the company themselves from the ground up. One was hired to do a job, the other -built- that position for themselves and I find that a lot more respectable.

• 2 weeks later...

Entrepreneurs are usually the ones leading the pack. They have vision while everyone else just follows and copies them (and even criticizes them while doing so). Entrepreneurs have to be brave and resourceful to overcome a lot of obstacles. If it wasn’t for the visionaries, everything would be pretty bland and stagnant because most business people are too timid to try anything new because they can’t see beyond the next quarterly statement.

• Brohoof 1