Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP G5 Movie (2021) Screenshot and Plot Revealed!

Mrs. Prospector

5 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Problem ain't the smart phones, but the focus and way the ponies might be shown to use it. I'm fine with ponies and smartphones as long as ponies don't try to be hip with cringe worthy tik toking, influencer bull, social media or the infamous selfies.

Exactly what I’m thinking. If they go down that route, I’m gone! :dry:

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Problem ain't the smart phones, but the focus and way the ponies might be shown to use it. I'm fine with ponies and smartphones as long as ponies don't try to be hip with cringe worthy tik toking, influencer bull, social media or the infamous selfies.

True. That’s more what I was referring too. Like if you just see some ponies in the background twiddling with a phone, that’s fine, but trying to throw in modern irl culture front and center just takes away from any timelessness potential.

Edited by ShadOBabe

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

True. That’s more what I was referring too. Like if you just see some ponies in the background twiddling with a phone, that’s fine, but trying to throw in modern irl culture front and center just takes away from any timelessness potential.

Pony phones would be pretty cringe. 

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I don't want pone to be a ralf breaks the internet nor the emoji movie.

Also, have you seen the new male pone?

I have a nickname for him! Cringerworth! He tries to play cool and that's worth raising an eyebrow and leaving out a yuck.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
  • Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

I have a nickname for him! Cringerworth! He tries to play cool and that's worth raising an eyebrow and leaving out a yuck.

LOL, just saw him.

Hmm, I wonder if he’s Sunny’s brother? They both have shades of orange with white fetlocks.

• Brohoof 1

You know,  I like the story/plot given how our world is right now and I think a lot of ppl can make a connection. We also get some world building it seems and now just staying in a few towns we always saw.   And this could be a chance to see and explore others races cultures more then that was touch in the GEN 4 seasons.  Style wise,  I'll give it a try and see how things work out!   

• Brohoof 1

Is been quite a long time without knowing anything about G5 MLP, and after this new screenshots and information about the plot, I'm certainly hyped for this new generation of MLP. The CGI looks gorgeous. Very expressive. And the plot seems very interesting. I can't wait until Fall to watch the movie :wub:

Btw, I'm in love with the pink and blue pony (idk her name but she looks incredibly cute)

Spoiler

photo_2021-02-25_17-54-25.jpg.3ee511a0bf301c034c57239d7925a6d2.jpg

Edited by jorge123esp

4 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Pretty sure since G5 apparently takes place in the far future of Equestria that Maud is long dead along with every other pony from G4 :BornAgainBrony:

Except for possibly Celestia and Luna, because they’re straight up immortal. Twilight, Cadence, and Flurry are also likely. But it’s unlikely any of them will show up.

6 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

I think he is. Let's be insane and say he's got a crush on Izzy! :love:

Is Izzy the Unicorn girl? She IS adorable in that little animation of her giggling, so I could get behind that!

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Except for possibly Celestia and Luna, because they’re straight up immortal. Twilight, Cadence, and Flurry are also likely. But it’s unlikely any of them will show up.

I don't know about that, from what I've heard Equestria is ruled by a group of alicorns that are not like the alicorns of G4 (they're apparently really mean and cruel leaders or something). From what I can tell the era of G4 Equestria is basically a myth/ancient history by the time of G5 :huh: 

1 minute ago, King of Canterlot said:

I don't know about that, from what I've heard Equestria is ruled by a group of alicorns that are not like the alicorns of G4 (they're apparently really mean and cruel leaders or something). From what I can tell the era of G4 Equestria is basically a myth/ancient history by the time of G5 :huh: 

That means like a very huge time skip between G4 and G5:confused:

7 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Is Izzy the Unicorn girl? She IS adorable in that little animation of her giggling, so I could get behind that!

Yes, Izzy is the waifucorn

• Brohoof 1

Yes precisely that. I'm betting that the cruel alicorns who rule Equestria by the time of G5 are probably descends of the G4 alicorns from many generations ago :wacko:

Jesus Christ. I guess we'll know when the film is released. Honestly I'm very hyped for this film. I can't wait. I still have some hope to see some old G4 characters

1 minute ago, jorge123esp said:

Jesus Christ. I guess we'll know when the film is released. Honestly I'm very hyped for this film. I can't wait. I still have some hope to see some old G4 characters

I hope to see some old G4 characters too, that would be nice :fluttershy: As being hyped about the film I can't say that share your excitement, I'm not a fan of the pony models nor their smaller eyes/humanoid looking faces. Hopefully it turns out better when watching the actual film, G5 has potential for sure but it has to be done properly :proud: 

12 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Remember when Alicorns were a big deal and definitions of regal?  Now they are fuel for antagonists? :unamused:

• Brohoof 1

I hope to see some old G4 characters too, that would be nice :fluttershy: As being hyped about the film I can't say that share your excitement, I'm not a fan of the pony models nor their smaller eyes/humanoid looking faces. Hopefully it turns out better when watching the actual film, G5 has potential for sure but it has to be done properly :proud: 

I feel like they're very expressive. In motion they look even better imo. This new style kind of remind me of Disney 3D style

Spoiler

1_2941.gif

Moments ago, jorge123esp said:

I feel like they're very expressive. In motion they look even better imo. This new style kind of remind me of Disney 3D style

Reveal hidden contents

1_2941.gif

Seeing them in motion does give me better hope than just the images :eager:

1 minute ago, jorge123esp said:

Reveal hidden contents

1_2941.gif

Yeah, but there's just something about them that just doesn't quite look..... pony. Again, it sort of reminds me of a humanoid looking face, I'm really just not a fan of that >_>

4 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Seeing them in motion does give me better hope than just the images :eager:

Yeah, although in my case I also love the models. But in motion it looks simply amazingly cute, gorgeous, and expressive. Is lovely <3 

3 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Yeah, but there's just something about them that just doesn't quite look..... pony. Again, it sort of reminds me of a humanoid looking face, I'm really just not a fan of that >_>

I understand. Is a new style compared to the G4 style. Still, I love this new style. Is much much much better than the Pinkie Pie 3D shorts, which were very horrible imo 

• Brohoof 1

oh boy where to start...

First off, the plot already sounds interesting. Second, the rest kinda cringe me a bit just by the design and CGI itself. For MLP G4, I was already falling back from trying it out when it first comes out. I got into because it gives the vibe where both genders and all ages could enjoy. I'm not going to judge on this one yet, but from the look of the design it just gives me a european mlp bootlegged version, cringy "girly" vibe that I don't think I personally would like. Almost like a Barbie show or somewhere down the lane, you know what I mean? From the looks of it, this might be taken more in a modern world. Which if they happen to introduce technologies or any stupid trendy media things that are happening today, then good bye.  So far not impressed but when it comes, I will surely try it and maybe experiences the same thing I did with G4. It just all comes to if I will like it or not. 

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, TBD said:

but from the look of the design it just gives me a european mlp bootlegged version, cringy "girly" vibe that I don't think I personally would like

Oh my Celestia! :sunbutt: You know what this just remined me of? The new MLP G5 animation style looks EXACTLY like that of Filly Fantasia, which is a European pony franchise :laugh:

Hang on I'll put it in a spoiler cuz huge images of course :scoots:

Spoiler

AMC Picks Up 'Filly Funtasia' From Imira – VideoAge International

Capture.PNG

Okay, well, the snouts aren't as big as Filly Fantasia pony snouts are but still, I see some resemblance between the two show styles now :BornAgainBrony: Also, G5 is being animated by a Boulder Media studio based out of Dublin, Ireland, so your not wrong either when it said it "looks European" :muffins:  

• Brohoof 1

Oh my Celestia! :sunbutt: You know what this just remined me of? The new MLP G5 animation style looks EXACTLY like that of Filly Fantasia, which is a European pony franchise :laugh:

Hang on I'll put it in a spoiler cuz huge images of course :scoots:

Hide contents

AMC Picks Up 'Filly Funtasia' From Imira – VideoAge International

Capture.PNG

Okay, well, the snouts aren't as big as Filly Fantasia pony snouts are but still, I see some resemblance between the two show styles now :BornAgainBrony: Also, G5 is being animated by a Boulder Media studio based out of Dublin, Ireland, so your not wrong either when it said it "looks European" :muffins:  

SpeedyFewBlackcrappie-size_restricted.gi

why do you have to do that? :ButtercupLaugh: Welp now we know, that I'm not making a huge assumption here. Because oh my..it pretty much gives out the same vibe.:umad:

14 hours ago, Mrs. Prospector said:

In the new movie, the pony world of Equestria has lost its magic. Friendship and Harmony have been replaced by paranoia and mistrust, and Ponies now live separated by species.

tenor.gif?itemid=19898856

Edited by Light Blade