Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Twilight became a villain?

Props Valroa

I think it would happen in the later episodes during one of her anxiety moments. She would be so filled with worry and hopelessness that she would want to abandon friendship altogether. Her villain self would go around telling ponies that friendship is worthless and that it’s way more trouble than it’s worth.

• Brohoof 3

Something to consider is that we all have our bad sides and might not live up to a villainous standard even when weilding great influence or power. A part of this has to do with her having anxiety and learning while wanting to set a good example, rather than actually leading others. She was groomed rather than aspired to the position she found herself in.

I'm not talking about becoming our opposites or losing all hope like the discorded versions of the Mane 6, but something similar.

For Twilight this was realized with her reconnection with Moon Dancer, and how she could have also easily become a lonesome hermit.

Her turning point short of something actively trying to corrupt her would have been the very start of the series when Celestia sent her to Ponyville. She wouldn't have become evil, but she also would never have become a force for good.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I think it would happen in the later episodes during one of her anxiety moments. She would be so filled with worry and hopelessness that she would want to abandon friendship altogether. Her villain self would go around telling ponies that friendship is worthless and that it’s way more trouble than it’s worth.

ohh that give me chills actually! I mean I personally think that would be so cool if that is the case here. The G5 plot say magic is gone and there's separation between species. That problem could've been cause from Twilight herself!

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, TBD said:

ohh that give me chills actually! I mean I personally think that would be so cool if that is the case here. The G5 plot say magic is gone and there's separation between species. That problem could've been cause from Twilight herself!

That would be cool if that was the lore behind G5!

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

That would be cool if that was the lore behind G5!

I want it to be true and confirmed now though, that is too hard to pass :love: it’s the truth :proud:

• Brohoof 2

It really depends! If starts to lose faith in everything she believes in, and friends start to disagree with her, making Twilight feel like they're going against her or something, then maybe!

Something like Nightmare Moon 2.0. 

Twilight is definitely capable of becoming a damming villain.  I think it's much more possible in later seasons but I also think it could have happened if the first episode hadn't happened. She was into magic like crazy and already didn't like people. That's a bad combo on it's own. One wrong step and boom.

The difference between Twilight and Moondancer is that Moondancer liked people and wanted friends... she just gave up on it. Twilight didn't like people in the first place. She tolerated friends.

Also it would be really hard to deal with her since usually everyone comes to her for solutions. If she really wanted to become a villain... who the hell is stopping her? Her fake clone was more powerful that the person that created her. If Twilight herself said screw this... it's a wrap.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-02-28 at 5:11 AM, Kadeda said:

This is true... and to be honest... she was. 

Same thing with Lightning Dust, she could have become a real villain...if given the right teachings. Imagine if Nightmare Moon took Moon Dancer under her wing and we have a very personal student vs student, sister vs sister?

5 minutes ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

As much as I love Twilight and how powerful she is, I'm pretty sure Celestia and Luna would stomp her if she turned.

Then why haven't they stomped Lord Tirek, Chrysalis, or Sombra when they returned?

8 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

As much as I love Twilight and how powerful she is, I'm pretty sure Celestia and Luna would stomp her if she turned.

They all go to Twilight to fix problems. They wouldn't be able to stop her.

Well, you know what they say--you either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.... I guess?  Perhaps Twilight will go all NMM at some point in the future.  Wow, a Twilight version of NMM--now that would be awesome to see!  Well, I guess we already have a clue what it would be like, huh?  It'd be a pony version of Midnight Sparkle.  That'd be cool.

• 5 months later...