Favourite G5 character so far?

75ponii

Favourite G5 character so far?  

156 users have voted

1. 1. Favourite G5 character so far?

• Sunny Starscout (earth pony mare)
    • Izzy Moonbow (unicorn mare)
    • Pipp (pegasus mare)
    • Hitch Trailblazer (earth pony stallion)
    • Zipp Storm (pegasus mare)

(edited)

At first, favorite character was Sunny because I loved giving characters angst.

Then, Izzy became my favorite because she reminds me of traditional unicorns, and her characterization in MLP:ANV gave me hope that her characterization would continue to be that good, which isn't happening.

So, my favorite character right now is Zipp Storm.

I love her daring, smart and introverted characterization, and her design in both 3D and 2D. Her 2D design even reminds me of the G4 design, which I adore.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

Hitch. I like how much of a dumbass he can be (I mean that in the most affectionate way).

I think adding a boy to the set of main ponies was a great choice considering there are so many more younger boys enjoying my little pony now! Hopefully it can help them feel included. 

Out of the main characters Pipp is still my favorite, although I really like the rest as well. Out of the secondary characters, I like Windy and the 2 pegasus guards, but Posey is definitely my favorite secondary character as of now, one of my favorite characters overall in the series.

TYT made me like Pipp a lot, she is a really fun character and imo AJ Bridel brings to her a lot of the same energy that made Tabitha's Rarity so greet.

No disrespect to Sofia Carson tho, she just really wasn't given much to do in ANG.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My favorite character right now is Zipp. She carries G5 for me. She is what introverts and extraverts dream of.

To me, her attitude leans into introverted territory, but she doesn't fail to spread fangirl excitement.

:wub:

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Sunny Starscout in A New Generation. I loved her dynamic optimistic energy. And how much of a dreamer she was. 

And how much she sacrificed for her beliefs by being ostracized. 

I think in Tell Your Tale she is wasted potential. I wish she were more of the beacon of hope and the initiator of things like she was in the first movie. 

Part of why I like her is because of my own headcanons of her. I think she is the heart of the group and without her everyone would fall away. 

For me, forget Zipp or Izzy, Sunny is my best pony. The hope of a new generation. 

• Brohoof 2

"it seems to me" after "closer examination", that they are trying to make the Gen.5 ponies more relatable "on the surface", we all say that Gen.4 is more relatable, but that's just bc the characters have more personality, they are "relatable" in our imaginations bc we'd like to imagine ourselves as that outstanding representation of the closest thing to our personality arch type as possible, but newsflash... AJ and Twilight are nearly perfect, Rainbow Dash is basically the greatest athlete in Equestria, Rarity runs her own business and even owns a boutique in one of the major cities, and Fluttershy actually does things to help others in need... It makes more sense when you really think about it, as to why the new Alicorn of friendship/unity simply runs a slushee stand in Ponyville or why they give all these "modern character defectives" to the mane 5, these are zoomer ponies lol, Izzy is completely random, she can be pretty rude, and she's a total air head, like even watching some of the TYT shorts she makes a lot constructive mistakes even when trying to do right by others, she is essentially the opposite of how we've previously seen any unicorn portrayed and I kind of like it in a way... Pipp is kind of the "trendy" stereotype and we see that theme over again as she's pretty glued to her phone and how seriously she regarded her (whatever pony YouTube is called) account. Lol, then making the sheriff a complete fool at times, real nice... And I think the big thing with Zipp is how she really doesn't want to be regarded as the next princess of Zephyr Heights, so they are talking to the "non conforming" lol... Her voice, her personality, her story.. all in all, I like the new ponies, I hope Make your Mark turns out well, guess we'll know in a month or so, but I think my favorites are Izzy and Pipp, I love what they're doing with Izzy's character and I like singing and light purple sooo xD yeah Pipp is nice to

• Brohoof 2

Since G5 has started, it's been back and forth between some characters for me. During the movie, A New Generation, it was a tie between Izzy and Zipp. It stayed that way for a bit as I watched Tell Your Tale. However, since watching Make Your Mark, a new favorite had made its presence known. Even during the later episodes of Tell Your Tale that had appeared after Make Your Mark, my feelings on my favorite character were consistent. At the moment, my favorite character would have to be Pipp Petals. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Right now, my favorite character is Misty. Matching her name, Misty has a mysterious past and it will be interesting to see how things will clear up for her.

Just for pun, Opaline is blinding misty from the truth.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 2

I'm having an opinion change. My favorite character was Hitch, but Make Your Mark is starting to write him more like a stay-at-home dad. I'm going to start leaning towards Sunny or Zipp if chasing Sparky around the station is all Hitch can do nowadays.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Still Izzy, but Hitch and Zipp can be pretty great too, Misty is fun and could be great but needs more screen time/development (I will say the recent TYT's haven't done much for Hitch though)

Edited by Starset Twinkle

For the longest time it was Sunny and Izzy both on spot #1. Though in the last months this has slightly shift into Izzy on #1, closely followed by Sunny, Zipp Storm, Hitch and Pipp

On 10/22/2021 at 3:22 AM, Tacodidra said:

There's something about Sunny that I really like – her design was my favorite even before I saw the movie, and I found her the most interesting of the characters. Maybe it might be in part because she had the most significant role – I remember Twilight was my early favorite in G4, though other ponies overtook her later in the show's run. Izzy is my second favorite so far, with her adorableness being a big reason.

I feel I need to see more of the others to get to know them better. Zipp is third for me, followed by Pipp and Hitch. But I liked them all to some extent, so who knows what will happen.

After Make Your Mark chapter 2, Misty has become a clear number one for me. She's such an adorable and interesting character, also responsible for the funniest moments of G5 so far. :squee:

Sunny remains my Mane 5 favorite. Pipp and Zipp have had much better portrayals later on, Izzy has been great in MYM but more hit and miss in TYT.

• Brohoof 2

My 2 favorite characters so far are Sunny and Zipp. Although i do like all of them this time around, which wasnt the case with G4.

And in terms of villains ( sort of anyway ) its definitely Misty.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Savy said:

Izzy is my top favorite, with Pipp in close second.

:izzy-shine:

This was how I ranked things until Tell Your Tale gave Pipp more to say and now Pipp is my favorite and Izzy is my second favorite! :Pip-giggle::winking-izzy:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...