Favourite G5 character so far?

75ponii

Favourite G5 character so far?  

156 users have voted

1. 1. Favourite G5 character so far?

• Sunny Starscout (earth pony mare)
    • Izzy Moonbow (unicorn mare)
    • Pipp (pegasus mare)
    • Hitch Trailblazer (earth pony stallion)
    • Zipp Storm (pegasus mare)

You do know I want to know more about that stallion. Is he a sibling to Sunny? Best friend who stays simply just friends with them throughout the whole story without it having to be romantic? After all the shippers will end up doing that sort of work for them.

6 hours ago, Truffles said:
  • He's got Sunburst's coloring pattern in his coat which is absolutely gorgeous.
  • He's a brony like Sunny since the both of them are singing the praises of the Mane 6 in their leaked musical number animatic

1. I do like his coloring.

2. What leaked musical animatic?

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Toastypk said:

The stallion's name is Hitch Trailblazer! <3

If his personality is likeable as his name, Let's just say I might get Hitch to this possibly Trail-Blazing show myself

• Brohoof 2

I'm definitely intrigued about Hitch. Just as intrigued they picked a male pony main character for the first time. I think he's a cutie so far. But we really don't know ANYTHING about him.

• Brohoof 3

It's early, but Izzy Moonbow so far. Those animations display so much life for all of them, but it's Izzy with her giggle and hyper waving that catches my attention; she's absolutely adorable! :pinkie:

2558856.gif

• Brohoof 6

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

You do know I want to know more about that stallion. Is he a sibling to Sunny? Best friend who stays simply just friends with them throughout the whole story without it having to be romantic? After all the shippers will end up doing that sort of work for them.

1. I do like his coloring.

2. What leaked musical animatic?

The one shown here in part 1 of What We Know here in the forums:

Even with the rough sketches I can make out that's Sunny and Hitch. Especially Sunny since her braids are visible in the sketches. I'm loving the fact that Hitch has his collection of Mane 6 figurines under glass. Now that's a fan if I ever saw one, lol.

And I really do hope they're brother and sister. It would be a new dynamic to have two of the main characters as siblings in recent MLP lore. While Twilight and Spike were theoretically siblings in the early seasons of G4, they didn't make it official until season 9. And until then there was always that nagging question as to whether he was family or was just a really good assistant.

• Brohoof 2

I will say Izzy Moonbow for this one. She can be related to Pinkie Pie in the last generation in terms of silliness. In my opinion, unicorn protagonist is my turf for any generation in My Little Pony, like Twilight Sparkle (now an alicorn since the third season finale) in the fourth generation.

Edited by Allen
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Truffles said:

The one shown here in part 1 of What We Know here in the forums:

Even with the rough sketches I can make out that's Sunny and Hitch. Especially Sunny since her braids are visible in the sketches. I'm loving the fact that Hitch has his collection of Mane 6 figurines under glass. Now that's a fan if I ever saw one, lol.

And I really do hope they're brother and sister. It would be a new dynamic to have two of the main characters as siblings in recent MLP lore. While Twilight and Spike were theoretically siblings in the early seasons of G4, they didn't make it official until season 9. And until then there was always that nagging question as to whether he was family or was just a really good assistant.

I dunno, doesn’t seem like Hitch, since that stallion is clearly older :huh:. He’s Sunny’s dad I guess :huh:

Sunny!

She's so cute. Well, they're all cute. But I have high hopes for Sunny. We just won't know enough about these characters to truly get to know them until the movie and the Netflix series come out.

• Brohoof 3

Idk yet the Male one is funni tho I guess lol I would like to see how the characters interact. The unicorn is quite cute too. Not sure about the pink one I rather have pinkie pie with wings or somethin lol

I feel like the characters do feel more girly vibe dis time almost lol but good there r less ponies in a way more focus. Maybe there will be more time for other characters too.

9 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I dunno, doesn’t seem like Hitch, since that stallion is clearly older :huh:. He’s Sunny’s dad I guess 

I agree the height difference is an issue, so I could be wrong. But there also could have been a decision to either age up Sunny or otherwise make her the same height as Hitch between the time the animatic was done and the 3D models were finalized. All the other clues still point to that stallion being Hitch, and the closeness the two of them exhibit makes me think they're siblings or otherwise related (like him being her dad as suggested). It's only in very rare circumstances where a studio would make two of the lead characters a couple right out of the gate simply because it's not as marketable.

To get back on topic, I wonder how Izzy's apparent lead in being the favorite will compare to Boulder Media's other breakout favorite - Kerfuffle? I guess we really won't know until we get to see more of Izzy in action.

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Truffles said:

I agree the height difference is an issue, so I could be wrong. But there also could have been a decision to either age up Sunny or otherwise make her the same height as Hitch between the time the animatic was done and the 3D models were finalized. All the other clues still point to that stallion being Hitch, and the closeness the two of them exhibit makes me think they're siblings or otherwise related (like him being her dad as suggested). It's only in very rare circumstances where a studio would make two of the lead characters a couple right out of the gate simply because it's not as marketable.

There’s also the matter of that stallion having facial hair. Pretty sure he’s not Hitch 

On 2021-02-26 at 1:08 PM, ShadOBabe said:

Just wait. I can see it already.

Sunny: But guys, they’re so cool! Just let me show you th-

Non-brony Pony: Ugh, Sunny, I don’t want to hear about your silly, foal-stories. 

"BronyCon is a trap. It even has the word "con" in its name." :nom:

• Brohoof 1

I like Hitch Trailblazer the most so far but obviously, I won’t decide who is my favorite until the movie is released. I can already tell that Izzy Moonbow will be one of my least favorites, though. She seems to be similar to Pinkie Pie and I really didn’t like Pikie Pie. Annoying, hyperactive characters are not ones I am fond of.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I find it pretty amazing that the only reason we even are talking about Pipp and why she keeps getting included in fanart, is only because of her appearance on those bedsheets that weren't even supposed to be known.

Edited by Toastypk

I don’t know anything about the characters, and their personalities are a mystery but I gotta say “Pipp” is really cute. She’s my favorite as of right now. 

• Brohoof 2