Favourite G5 character so far?

75ponii

Favourite G5 character so far?  

156 users have voted

1. 1. Favourite G5 character so far?

• Sunny Starscout (earth pony mare)
    • Izzy Moonbow (unicorn mare)
    • Pipp (pegasus mare)
    • Hitch Trailblazer (earth pony stallion)
    • Zipp Storm (pegasus mare)

Hitch, because I'm curious of what they're going to do with the first dude main character, apparently. Izzy's my second favorite, believe it or not, I'm just growing tired of her being overhyped. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Lol, I bet the majority of people who chose Izzy were due to the tennis ball. 

I chose Hitch because he looks so cool and lovable. 

My worries with Hitch is that they will turn him into the confident girl magnet like they do with most dudes these days. I don't wanna see him as a jock.

And yes, I like Izzy since of the tennis ball. Plus her color scheme too, it seems nightly. Sunny is the day...Izzy *Moon*bow...maybe they are related to the 2 sisters.

• Brohoof 2

In terms of design, Izzy definitely has me sold. Really curious to see what direction they take these characters in.

Hitch without a doubt has to be my favorite design so far, I can't say 100% why but he has Orange and Blue in his color scheme so he has already won me over with that. There is also something about his personality that just gives off a cocky/confident vibe which I also love. 

In other words, this character was practically made for me to love!  :wub:

1.PNG

• Brohoof 1

I think Izzy is my personal favorite right now, although i hate the Tennisball-Meme. I sure hope Hasbro doesnt notice the meme so that they wont make a joke related to that more often or even actually letting that become a thing. :okiedokieloki:

Its just annoying to me.

I realy can not decide, but I enjoy Sunny Starscouts her colors best of all of them. But Izzy is a close second.
And Hitch is the first mane male character, which is also awesome!

So far it's Izzy; she's adorable :P

That said, I'm glad Hitch is a main character.  Having a male main character is going to create an interesting dynamic, and I like how he's got a close relationship with his sister.

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

That said, I'm glad Hitch is a main character.  Having a male main character is going to create an interesting dynamic, and I like how he's got a close relationship with his sister.

large-1.gif.96c6061cec74a889275d87c8639f5588.gif

What am I? Chopped lava? I've been a main character since the first episode of this past generation.

But seriously, I would love to see Hitch's dynamic with the other characters

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-03-16 at 10:07 PM, Will Guide said:

What am I? Chopped lava? I've been a main character since the first episode of this past generation.

Lol, yeah. I have yet to hear a really good reason why Spike isn't considered MLP's first main male character. I believe his being a dragon is what overshadows his role as being a main male character. The audience sees his POV as a dragon before they see it as a guy. And aside from the very first few scripts of FiM, he wasn't really portrayed as a stereotypical male. Even "Guys' Night" wasn't a "guy" thing when it was just him and Big Mac. The Mane 6 could have joined in their O&O games (and eventually did) and the girls would have fit right in. I think the Mane 6 were just giving Spike and Big Mac their own space to bond. Discord did try to introduce them to what would be considering a more stereotypical guys' night, but even he came around to love Spike's idea of what guys' night should be in the end.

I'm still having mixed feelings about Hitch. I just rewatched "Flutter Brutter" and the square jaw on Hitch reminds me so much of Zephyr. Even Hitch's coloring is like that of an inverse-coated Zephyr, lol. But I really, really, really hope Hitch isn't a retread of him, spending his whole arc learning that being stuck up is off-putting and even worse trying to woo the mares with cheap lines isn't appropriate behavior. =P

So it's still Izzy for me, but I'm crossing my fingers Hitch is a positive role model right out of the gate.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Truffles said:

I'm still having mixed feelings about Hitch. I just rewatched "Flutter Brutter" and the square jaw on Hitch reminds me so much of Zephyr. Even Hitch's coloring is like that of an inverse-coated Zephyr, lol. But I really, really, really hope Hitch isn't a retread of him, spending his whole arc learning that being stuck up is off-putting and even worse trying to woo the mares with cheap lines isn't appropriate behavior. =P

So it's still Izzy for me, but I'm crossing my fingers Hitch is a positive role model right out of the gate.

Same here; Hitch...actually he reminds me a lot of a G-5 fanfic I wrote back when I was assuming we'd have main characters named Twilight, Rainbow Dash, etc., but in a new continuity:  G-4 didn't explore much of Twilight's relationship with her brother, so I went into that in my fanfic.  I'm crossing my fingers that (a) Shining Armor's relationship with Twilight will be very similar to Hitch's with Sunny, and (b) Hitch will allow the writers to do what they didn't get a chance to do in G-4 and explore that.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

I'm crossing my fingers that (a) Shining Armor's relationship with Twilight will be very similar to Hitch's with Sunny, and (b) Hitch will allow the writers to do what they didn't get a chance to do in G-4 and explore that.

Here, here. I'm not as positive as I once was that Sunny and Hitch are siblings, but I still really hope they are. It's a great dynamic for two of the main characters to have with one another in a animated series. Even if Izzy does remain a favorite of mine, if Sunny and Hitch are related they could become my favorite duo, much like how I love it when Twilight and Spike got to play off one another in their best episodes.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

So looking at the new Rainbow Dash pony, named Zipp Storm. I think she will becomes a fan favorite, since Rainbow Dash took over the Internet when G4 was new. It has to do with attitude, very strong main colors, lightning bolt cutie mark, and so on.
Question is, will it be my favorite? I can not tell until I have seen 3D animation.

• Brohoof 2

Izzy Moonbow is so far the one that I connect to the most. It's hard to say how it will turn out in the end though since we know very little about them. So right now it's anyone's game. :wub:

• Brohoof 1