Favourite G5 character so far?

75ponii

Favourite G5 character so far?  

156 users have voted

1. 1. Favourite G5 character so far?

• Sunny Starscout (earth pony mare)
    • Izzy Moonbow (unicorn mare)
    • Pipp (pegasus mare)
    • Hitch Trailblazer (earth pony stallion)
    • Zipp Storm (pegasus mare)

There is no instant favorite like it was with G4 for me. On the other hand, all of the main characters have some traits which I like, but, so far (it could change in the TV show, either as I find out more about the main characters or there's some new supporting/background character I really like) I don't really have a favorite.

Idk, cause now Zipp is really growing on me.

But then Izzy is a super, SUPER close second.

Too early to tell for sure  I guess, I should wait until the series to pick a definite favorite.

• Brohoof 1

I get the impression that Pipp might become a personal favorite later on, being an analogue of Rarity after all, but as of now, Izzy stands out as the best of the Mane 5 and G5 as a whole. She is very similar to Pinkie, but is a bit saner, and is easier to stomach as such. She also has the fortune of having lots of screentime; something Zipp and Pipp desperately needed more of.

This opinion is subject to change as G5 progresses.

• Brohoof 2

There's something about Sunny that I really like – her design was my favorite even before I saw the movie, and I found her the most interesting of the characters. Maybe it might be in part because she had the most significant role – I remember Twilight was my early favorite in G4, though other ponies overtook her later in the show's run. Izzy is my second favorite so far, with her adorableness being a big reason.

I feel I need to see more of the others to get to know them better. Zipp is third for me, followed by Pipp and Hitch. But I liked them all to some extent, so who knows what will happen.

• Brohoof 2

I don't exactly have a favorite as such, but Izzy is the pony for which I'm most looking forward to seeing where the writers go with her.

Sprout as well - will he find some way to win the others' respect, or be stuck in a rut of "cronic screwup butt-monkey"? Either path could provide hours of entertainment.

• 4 weeks later...

Hitch is my favorite character, besides being super handsome and cute, he is funny and confident, he reminds me both of apple Jack surely raibow dash and I would have said fluttershy just for the link with animals

hitch-trailblazer-mlp.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I love Izzy a lot and I think she carried the movie in a sense, the best songs are hers and the funniest parts too. Besides the point, I dig her more than Pinkie Pie in that regard because Izzy is more down to earth and her jokes actually help to move the plot forward instead of being random gangs. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Hitch the most.

He was the most developed character, full of charm, quirks and good nature. He also developed the most because he had his bias against Unicorns and Pegasi (only because he was sheriff and it was his job) but he happily admitted it when he was wrong and contributed a lot to helping Sunny.

• Brohoof 1

Sunny might tie Hitch if I can't decide who second place belongs to.

Zip and Pip have yet to be fully realized in my opinion. I don't relate to characters who are out of touch with reality like Izzy is (not to say anypony is bad). Sunny is a pony who is full of purpose and determination for a good cause. Her backstory and motives are fully realized and she is very good natured. Really like that in any character.

• Brohoof 1

Gotta say, and I never expected to say this before my first viewing of the movie, but Pipp Petals has actually become my favorite from G5! Originally; Zipp had filled that roll with the other falling close behind, but something about Pipp just stayed with me. Between her utter goofy qualities, cute design, and those stress bags under her eyes, I just...love her. ^^

• Brohoof 1

Izzy is probably my favourite, but I kinda like the whole mane cast.

Hoping that Sprout actually gets included as part of the mane cast, TBH. Plenty of room for character growth and development there.