Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is G5 set in the same universe as G4?

DivineMist1000

One synopsis said so, but I'm not completely sure it's supposed to be the explicitly same setting, or just a different take on Equestria, like how in between different pony generations you've had different Applejacks, Rainbow Dashes, Pinkie Pies, and even Ponyvilles. Cause if it is supposed to be the absolute same, it's both a little sad and fairly confusing, at least to me.

On 2021-02-25 at 9:32 PM, Toastypk said:

One synopsis said so, but I'm not completely sure it's supposed to be the explicitly same setting, or just a different take on Equestria, like how in between different pony generations you've had different Applejacks, Rainbow Dashes, Pinkie Pies, and even Ponyvilles. Cause if it is supposed to be the absolute same, it's both a little sad and fairly confusing, at least to me.

Based on the stills showcasing the Mane Six and animatic showing a song about them, it looks to be set in a future Equestria with the Mane Six either legends or historical figures. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-02-27 at 10:52 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Not sure how far in the future, but it will take place in the same world indeed 

One can speculate that it may be 1000 years in future, to where now, the Mane 6/7/8, along with what they did to help Equestria, along with their allies and friends, are looked upon as myth and legend, instead of historical figures. 

Because, in reality, and even the original show touched upon this a bit, when thousand of years have passed, historical figures, and facts can either be lost and forgotten, to the point that they are looked at as the myths and legends that I just mentioned.

Edited by bwrosas
  • Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Is G5 set in the same universe as G4?